Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? (13843 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Differences Between A Short Story, Novelette, Novella, & A Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by slimchuka(m): 8:00am On May 27, 2016
Hi, I am a printer but I live in benin, I would love to help you, but I need more info, about u and the book, If seun permit u can reach me 08077965942, I can help u with other printing jobs
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:12am On May 27, 2016
slimchuka:
Hi, I am a printer but I live in benin, I would love to help you, but I need more info, about u and the book, If seun permit u can reach me 08077965942, I can help u with other printing jobs
I want to print my own novel too. I reside in abakaliki, how can we meet?
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by slap1(m): 8:28am On May 27, 2016
Why not send it to a publishing company and wait for feedback if it's good enough?
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by Silverlight2014: 8:34am On May 27, 2016
@ opson2016 I really want to get in touch with you. I have some crazy stuffs to dish out but can't find the niche
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by salabscholar01(m): 11:01am On May 27, 2016
contact me... I will help you.... this is my book.. +2348074993666

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2016
skillet:
Kay2009 just discuss with a local printer first. Prices vary from location to location. Futhermore, the printers expertise and method of printing also affect the quality and cost of the job. It is unwise for you to cost it as unit price. Much wiser to go for bulk. Since you are doing it for a select few friends, quality should be your focus, not the money. Let me know if u have more questions.

By the way, for those other illiterates, selling on amazon does not automatically translate to big money. Not all nigerians scam online.

Thanks a lot.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2016
osamapinlatin:

Am a printer here in shomolu area in Lagos. The price varies based on so many factors like location, quality of the paper, lamination, binding, the printing machine and so on, and keep it at the back of upper mind that the higher the quality, the lower the price don't expect a answer here, cox even if i give you the quotation here, the price may vary tomorrow due to to price of dollar, If you wish to contact me, only if Nairaland permit me to upload my email oluwayahoo@gmail.com

Thanks. I will send you a mail.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2016
Dotng:

The number you want to print is quite low to justify disturbing a printing press for. What I will advise is that you get someone to do the arrangement of your book format in way that you can print on a normal hp printer. If you can get where the cost of printing black and white is cheap it will be helpful for you. After printing the inside of the book, you need to print the back cover on stronger paper. It could be cardboard type or the type used in printing certificates. You should then approach a local printer to have him laminate the printed part of the book cover. Either the printer or those that bind books can then complete the rest of the process. It wouldn't come out in a top notch form but it will meet your target.

Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2016
Fechin:
You must visit a publisher to ascertain the cost of publishing the book for you (it is my field) you can't use Microsoft Word to know how many pages the book will give you. Since you said it about 34 pages in Microsoft Word it will give you around 68_100 pages with the plea luminary pages (table of contents, dedication, acknowledgement, and others). It you print lass than 1000 it will cost you more, but budget around 250_300 per book depending on the size of the book

God bless you sir.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 11:51am On May 27, 2016
slimchuka:

Okay. Thanks. I will save your number.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2016
salabscholar01:
contact me... I will help you.... this is my book.. +2348074993666

Okay. Thanks. I will call you when I am free. Thank you.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2016
Thanks to Seun and the MODS for moving this to front page. I really needed this publicity...for my book cover and name.

And for those saying if I already sell on Amazon, why don't I have money to print. It doesn't automatically mean you will become a bestseller once you are on Amazon. And an average novel sells for $2.99; after Taxes and Amazon fees, the author/publisher gets about $1.4 on a book. If you are lucky to sell 100 copies of your book, that is about $140. Which is about N42,000. To print/publish a thousand copies of the size of my book, I would need between N400-500k depending on quality.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by OkoyeA1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
kay29000:
I want to self publish a 16,000 words (31 pages Microsoft words pages) book, but I don't have much money. Instead of printing 1,000 copies, I want to print just 40 copies. Please how much will it cost me? Experts in the house should please come out and answer.

Actually, I have a group of like 30 friends who want to support me by buying the book, but they want the physical copy, and I have been selling it as ebook on Amazon all this while.

I while appreciate answers. Thank you.
Hi kay29000, I have written some books, and I want to publish on Amazon Kindle, how do I go about it? And how are you paid? Thanks! Can I contact you via email
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by SegilolaSalami: 10:13pm On May 17, 2017
hiya, in case you are still looking for a publisher, check out https://www.segilolapublishing.com/submit-your-manuscript/

kay29000:
I want to self publish a 16,000 words (31 pages Microsoft words pages) book, but I don't have much money. Instead of printing 1,000 copies, I want to print just 40 copies. Please how much will it cost me? Experts in the house should please come out and answer.

Actually, I have a group of like 30 friends who want to support me by buying the book, but they want the physical copy, and I have been selling it as ebook on Amazon all this while.

Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by deedondavi(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
kay29000:

Hi Sir please can I get a business plan for a fiction writer from you

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by kay29000(m): 5:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
deedondavi:

Hi Sir please can I get a business plan for a fiction writer from you

Business and fiction don't mix. lol! Sorry, I just write, I am not really good with the business aspect.
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by SegilolaSalami: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2017
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by LordOfNaira: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
SegilolaSalami:
check out https://www.segilolapublishing.com/submit-your-manuscript/

I am interested but have questions:

1. Who bears the cost of publication?

2. Who bears the cost of marketing the book?

3. What books have you published and how well are they selling?
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by SegilolaSalami: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I am interested but have questions:

1. Who bears the cost of publication?

2. Who bears the cost of marketing the book?

3. What books have you published and how well are they selling?

All information is on the website. Final decisions are made when manuscript is received. Contract terms are on a case by case basis
Re: How Much Will It Cost Me To Publish A 16,000 Words Novella? by Harmonypublish: 9:33am On Jan 28, 2020
Harmony Publishing plays a pivotal role in publishing in Nigeria, is a provider of self-publishing services aimed at helping authors realise their dreams while minimising the encumbrances associated with getting published. Getting published has never been more convenient and better professionally handled than you get at Harmony Publishing, as we offer high-quality writing, editorial and production services at affordable rates. Our publishing services cover professional editing, illustrations, graphic designs and generation, as well as and print production. Each service is delivered to give you more value for your money.

For more enquiries, kindly call 07032212481 or send mail to publish@harmonypublishing.com.ng. Visit our site to get started and click on get published to submit your manuscript and begin your publishing dream.

https://harmonypublishing.com.ng/get-published/

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Islamic Short Stories / Boredom Made Me Do It (A Lesbian Story). / "Nwa Aba Na City" (a Pidgin Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.