Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians (817 Views)

Caitlyn Jenner And Bisi Alimi Step Out Together / Another Caitlyn Jenner, As Nigerian Man Transits Into A Full-blown Woman (photos / Caitlyn Jenner And Julia Roberts(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians by jayjaykusianj: 9:22pm On May 26, 2016
Multichoice Cable television (DSTV) has removed popular transgender reality television programme, “I am Cait’’ form E Entertainment Channel following complaints by Nigerians. This is contained in a statement issued on Tuesday by the company.

The top television company succumbed to pressure from the Nigerian market, adding that the docu-series had been removed from the DSTV channel 124 and GOtv channel 24. The company had assured that they would review client’s complaints and ensure that their interests were given priority.

“The company also reminds their subscribers that Dstv and Gotv decoders are encrypted with the parental control feature that empowers parents with ultimate control over what young viewers can watch. “The company also encourages parents to make use of this feature as much as possible to ensure that their children only watch what their parents deem appropriate,’’ said Olajide Obi, an official of the company.

Caitlyn Jenner, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, is a gold medal-winning track star who set a world record in the decathlon at the 1976 Summer Olympics. As Bruce, he became a reality TV star in “Keeping Up with the Kardashians’’. In 2015, Jenner revealed that she is transgender and has become a woman, now known as Caitlyn.

Though, she is yet to complete the transition process, as she still needs to undergo a surgery on sexual organ that will see her change the male organ to a female’s.
http://trendsleek.com/dstv-kicks-caitlyn-jenners-cait-following-complaints-nigerians/

Re: DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians by Oliviaxx(f): 9:30pm On May 26, 2016
Good....that programme irritates me.Even the advert alone undecided
Re: DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians by MRBrownJ: 10:10pm On May 26, 2016
what were they really thinking was gonna happen? millions of Nigerians watching that show about a lifestyle that the majority of Nigerians are against? the ratings were probably so bad that they simply used that excuse to cut the show off. such a predictable outcome.
Re: DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians by cruzita(f): 10:38pm On May 26, 2016
we need motivational videos and shows not that crap .what is *I AM CAIT*
Re: DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians by Marlvin(m): 10:59pm On May 26, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Good....that programme irritates me.Even the advert alone undecided

Happy birthday n
more blessings.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians by Oliviaxx(f): 7:13am On May 27, 2016
Marlvin:

Happy birthday n
more blessings.

Thanks dear
Re: DSTV Kicks Out Caitlyn Jenner’s ‘I Am Cait’ Following Complaints By Nigerians by Smellymouth: 7:26am On May 27, 2016
Good

(1) (Reply)

Jay Z Finally Breaks His Silence On Beyoncé's Lemonade / 'There's Always Another Side Of Truth' -Timi Dakolo Replies Amina Mohammed(pics / When This Happens When You Have That Rare Opportunity To Meet Zukerberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.