Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

My Ekosodin Adventure - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ekosodin Adventure (1357 Views)

The Adventure Of Yuletide Holiday (a Satire And Exaggerated Non Fiction) / A Trip Down Ekosodin Lane / The Day Unilag Vc’s House Was Burnt – My Lil Adventure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ekosodin Adventure by dayounglor(m): 12:26am On May 27, 2016
One evening after rounding up academic work and my part time job was over, I decided to check up on Becky. She lived in Ekosodin at one of the student hostels. I have heard countless stories of how students turned hoodlums (night vamps) attacked and made away with other's possessions but I always prode myself to be an exception.

As i stepped through the school's back gate into Ekosodin, I felt a cold chill down my spine but i summoned courage and opted to go on despite my sixth sense warning me to retreat.

With a simple long-sleeved shirt which arms I had folded up to my elbows and my favourite nameless (not a brand) blue jean trousers and pam slippers which looked as though I was forced to wear it, I was carrying a back-pack with Becky's laptop inside it. I felt a urge to return the laptop to Block A Room 208 in Hall 3 where i was domiciled but that stupid chauvinistic part edged me on.

About ten steps away from the gate and into Ekosodin, I noticed a calmness and unusual quietness which was un-becoming of Ekosodin as it was just 8.30pm and since it was examination period, students ought to be trooping into school for the usual market-like reading at the faculty buildings for which UNIBEN is popular.

However, my stubborness defied all sense of reasoning. If Rambo could do it in battle-fronts against Mexican Mafias (or Mehican...according to Fred), I could do more with the local Ekosodin boys I thought (twas a tot pls).

To be on the safe side, I chose the straight route to the right when coming out of the gate that was less frequented which meant I had to make just two turns to arrive at Becky's hostel. I believed since no one in his right senses would use such a road at such a time; then no badt guy in his right senses would lay ambush on such a road (I forgot that weed put peeps on the 'left' sense).

After walking for long and almost approaching the first turn to the left, two young men approached from the opposite direction. I held my back-pack tighter by adjusting the ropes and, keeping a straight face, walked past them. Wheew!!! That was easy. They walked right pass me and walked on as though i didnt exist. Then i made my left turn and alas, an army of five rough and tough looking boys blocked the road; fully brandishing weapons of all types, sizes and forms - knives, cutlasses, planks and one even had a pistol on him.

It was obvious that I was the target so I carefully stepped out of my pam slippers and felt the chill of the ground (this pam no pass N400 for main gate so loosing it was a fair sacrifice for the laptop in my back-pack). I further tightened the back-pack ropes and it hugged me tightly from behind and at that point i wished i had joined the man-o-war when they came recruiting - i would have learnt a skill or two. Anyways, my people say "person wey somtin dey pursue go run wella for im life". So, I gently did an about-turn (didn't know that was what it was called then sha) and suddenly I noticed the other two that passed me earlier had another three guys with them and I was surrounded on both sides. They all burst out laughing hysterically.

I wished that by some magic I could disappear and appear at Becky's hostel for a taste of her wondeful home-made egusi soup with eba which was the reason i left the ill-comfort of my hostel that late.

Is this how I would get mobbed and killed? Will I be so unfortunate? i wondered. I decided to fight before I die so I ran towards the party I was now facing with the hopes that I would be lucky enough to escape with a few injuries. As I appraoched them, they closed in on me. One of them caught hold of me and threw me to the ground. My back hit the ground and i felt something crack. Jeez...that was my spinal cord.

A very ferocious one amongst them who was wearing nothing but a Carribean-styled boxers ran towards me with his machette raised. Somehow, the broken spinal cord didn't afford me any movement and i just lay there looking at him approach. When he got close enough, I closed my eyes (the only movement I could make) and expected the cut that would put an end to me while I silently prayed for forgiveness of all my sins of hiding my provisions from my roomies.

The guy grunted heavily as I felt the blow of the machette approaching. Then it struck my shoulder. It was cold and more like a tap. Was it a miracle?

Then I heard..."Tana.......wake up jor.......u just fell down from the bunk.....u scared us all". It was my roomie Rije's voice. I woke up sweating profusely. It was all a dream.

But deep down...though I never told Becky...i silently vowed never to enter Ekosodin at such a time and that particular road became a no-go-area for me.
Re: My Ekosodin Adventure by tripplephi: 12:45am On May 27, 2016
Nice one... You should Hve a blog about ekosodin.... I miss ekosodin tho I wish the cultists should change.

1 Like

Re: My Ekosodin Adventure by divinehand2003(m): 2:34am On May 27, 2016
Cool, mehn, Osasogie was another terror zone that year. Ekosodin was baddest, lol. I lived in dentistry quarters to have peace.
Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: My Ekosodin Adventure by Damsonkc(m): 3:34am On May 27, 2016
Ah ahn! Is Ekosodin still hot? I graduated from Uniben in 2013 and I lived in Ekosodin all through. I got info that there is a constant patrol team in Ekosodin now. Do students still fear there? Is the fear substantiated or borne of stories of the past? The vestiges of strong men will forever hang on the air of Ekosodin like the stench of a dying man's shit. I wrote a story back then about Ekosodin. I miss there though.

1 Like

Re: My Ekosodin Adventure by dayounglor(m): 12:27am On May 28, 2016
I left in 2013 too bro
Re: My Ekosodin Adventure by Damsonkc(m): 3:00am On May 28, 2016
dayounglor:
I left in 2013 too bro

Cool. It adds up now. School was so hot then. I hear Ekosodin is quiet now. Good story nonetheless. Keep it up.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does #WCW Mean? / Visa Direct Transfer / 25 Terrifying Animals That Kill The Most Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.