Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! (25104 Views)

3 Buildings Housing 81 Police Families To Be Demolished In Lagos / 4th Mainland Bridge Paths From Lekki, Ajah, Ikorodu And Ojodu Berger / Houses To Be Demolished In Ajah, Eti-osa For The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by andy24(m): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2016
Seun Pls do something about this..

3 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by eleko1: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2016
angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Demolish them joor .... i support it cool cool
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by wristbangle: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2016
toyetade:
Why not concentrate on building rail infrastructures instead of bridges now. Rail is a necessity for a megacity.

4th mainland bridge is necessary as rail may not be enough to reduced the traffic experienced from Island to ikorodu axis, so it's a good plan.

Speaking of rail project, one is currently under construction from Festac, Satellite, Amuwo odofin axis to CMS en route island area.

With all these constructions once completed will reduced traffic experienced on locations such as carter bridge, 3rd mainland bridge, western avenue and others.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by babyfaceafrica: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2016
K
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by n3xt(m): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2016
THE MASTERPLAN AS SEEN

Taking a closer look at the MASTERPLAN and the legend posted above, one will observe from the picture that the bridge didnt start from Ajah roundabout. It is after Abraham Adesanya roundabout and it cut off cooperative villas estate BADORE to langbasa.

From cooperative villas you'll actually have a view of some part of Sangotedo (Splash, Lekki Garden 1 and Oko-Ado). The bridge seems to have happen before that area but not before LBS. So it's in between Happyland and LBS through Badore to Langbasa.

Hopefully, the government will release the full details of affected communities very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by eleko1: 7:34am On Jun 06, 2016
They should start from Badore not Pan African University, splash fun spot.Make dem nor carry dem wahala reach Greenland. Estate biko embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by n3xt(m): 7:39am On Jun 06, 2016
toyetade:
Why not concentrate on building rail infrastructures instead of bridges now. Rail is a necessity for a megacity.

The Positive Change that we've been waiting for might just be somewhere around the corner. There are lots of rail projects ongoing at the moment and it is my joy to announce to you that the Lagos - Calabar which has already been awarded is also captured in the 2016 budget which means goodnews to Businesses in the South-South region. The missing piece of the puzzle is now been fixed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by gloryman91: 7:44am On Jun 06, 2016
Hope Thomas village not affected shall?
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Onegai(f): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2016
wristbangle:

4th mainland bridge is necessary as rail may not be enough to reduced the traffic experienced from Island to ikorodu axis, so it's a good plan.

Speaking of rail project, one is currently under construction from Festac, Satellite, Amuwo odofin axis to CMS en route island area.

With all these constructions once completed will reduced traffic experienced on locations such as carter bridge, 3rd mainland bridge, western avenue and others.

Actually that's wrong. Rail can handle all this and more. Cities like New York, Tokyo and London depend on their rail services. Too much is lost in road works and the whole world is trying to wean themselves off petroleum-based cars. LASG should have poured this money into a railway line and make Ogun state pay part as it would encourage people to move there but work in Lagos. Festac rail was a very basic rail (I inspected it) and they've still not finished it or have it up and running after how many years.

5 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 06, 2016
toyetade:
rails are also under construction
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by 4nobody4every1: 8:08am On Jun 06, 2016
cool
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Calmwaters(m): 8:14am On Jun 06, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Guys personally I still can't see d reason 4 dis 4th naija bridge beside many peoples will lose what dey suffered 4 years 2 build
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by n3xt(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2016
Calmwaters:
[color=#000099][/color]
Guys personally I still can't see d reason 4 dis 4th naija bridge beside many peoples will lose what dey suffered 4 years 2 build

How about the number of people that will benefit from it?

If you ask me, the benefits outweighs the drawbacks. How will you feel hitting Ikorodu from Sangotedo within 25 - 30 mins without the usual Merry-go-round?
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by hustla(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2016
Rail would have been the way to go. Means you can go from point A to point B without holdup and stress

It would take cars off the roads, reduce accidents and provide jobs for many a people

Maintenance engineers
Cabs that'd be around point of stops etc etc
Seems our leaders just like stress for the average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by hustla(m): 8:21am On Jun 06, 2016
n3xt:

If you ask me, the benefits outweighs the drawbacks. How will you feel hitting Ikorodu from Sangotedo within 25 - 30 mins without the usual Merry-go-round?

How about trains in 10 mins with no stress? Agbero wahala, heat and co

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by n3xt(m): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2016
Onegai:

Actually that's wrong. Rail can handle all this and more. Cities like New York, Tokyo and London depend on their rail services. Too much is lost in road works and the whole world is trying to wean themselves off petroleum-based cars. LASG should have poured this money into a railway line and make Ogun state pay part as it would encourage people to move there but work in Lagos. Festac rail was a very basic rail (I inspected it) and they've still not finished it or have it up and running after how many years.

Check this out. It's already ongoing.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by n3xt(m): 8:29am On Jun 06, 2016
hustla:

How about trains in 10 mins with no stress? Agbero wahala, heat and co

We cannot put train everywhere. There's already the National Railway Lines, the States Blue Rail, the Intercity rail service so a simple link road won't be a bad idea for other road users.

But you made a valid point though.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by segcymoor(m): 8:32am On Jun 06, 2016
Nice development
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Calmwaters(m): 8:35am On Jun 06, 2016
n3xt:

Mine z dat evry1 dat will b affected shud properly settled cuz dis z nt d 1st tyme
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by n3xt(m): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2016
Calmwaters:

Mine z dat evry1 dat will b affected shud properly settled cuz dis z nt d 1st tyme

I agree but the point should be that people should do the right thing. We've been hearing about the proposed 4th mainland bridge for more than a decade now yet some people still go ahead to build in the reserved areas.

If people have a backing document, then they get their claims. Otherwise, they'll lest their lesson.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by jaybee(f): 8:38am On Jun 06, 2016
wristbangle:

Actually the proposed 4th mainland bridge has provision for a light rail on it. Its an encompassing design.

2 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Calmwaters(m): 8:42am On Jun 06, 2016
n3xt:

The Positive Change that we've been waiting for might just be somewhere around the corner. There are lots of rail projects ongoing at the moment and it is my joy to announce to you that the Lagos - Calabar which has already been awarded is also captured in the 2016 budget which means goodnews to Businesses in the South-South region. The missing piece of the puzzle is now been fixed.
lets wait and see.Wen d rail z completed we all will complement him but it z a step in d rite direction

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 06, 2016
wristbangle:

Thanks but one rail project is not enough. A rail line connecting ikorodu to lagos ,or ota to lagos are needed. Also we need to start moving away from fuel and road transportation now.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by bigtt76(f): 9:04am On Jun 06, 2016
Ha! My house is just after Splash o! Hope I won't be affected angry

n3xt:
Someone asked me yesternight "Where will the 4th Mainland bridge pass?" "Which part of Ajah/BADORE will be affected?"

Here's my thought:

For minimal damage and prevention of economic loss, I foresee the 4th mainland bridge coming from somewhere between PAN African University and Happyland Estate or nearby location about 1km to either sides, passing through the undeveloped lands and govt lands around the area, avoiding Cooperative Villas, cutting through BADORE road between Folarin bus stop - Greenville estate or nearby about 500m to either sides and landing at langbasa and then over the lagoon to Ikorodu.

Anyone with a property around this areas should go and confirm with the local planning authority early enough the area for the proposed realignment early enough in order to avoid the story that touch.

Just my thought though. My hunch is never wrong and ongoing activities with that area and especially BADORE to somewhere between PAN African university and Splash Bar further confirms the truth.

Things to check for:

- Government excisions around the areas mentioned above
- Areas where govt refuses to give approvals, consents and CofO
- A large parcel of undeveloped govt land around you which was clearly avoided by the land urchins (Omo Onile)
- Areas with slow growth and development despite being at prime areas
- Too good to be true land transactions.

Happy Building!

Brabus
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Onegai(f): 9:05am On Jun 06, 2016
n3xt:

Check this out. It's already ongoing.

I know about it. It's actually pretty old but no-one implemented it. My issue is the speed it will take to construct it and the maintenance. I worked for LASG and even govt workers said they would only ride it for the first 6 months because it would not be maintained well. Just look at LAGBUS. That should have decreased the amount of traffic by 20% max (in its early days, lower traffic times were recorded by the state.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by wristbangle: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2016
Onegai:

I agree with you but I still believe lagos needs 4th mainland bridge and thereafter they can construct as many rail projects as possible.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by luckyehis: 9:56am On Jun 06, 2016
Can we be provided the details of likely route in the Ikorodu axis of the proposed 4th Mainland? What we have been seeing is the Lekki - Ajah axis and the likely areas / building that will be affected. Humans too live and reside in Ikorodu. Nah appeal ooh!!
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Batlan01: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2016
angry angry

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by wristbangle: 10:09am On Jun 06, 2016
jaybee:

Actually the proposed 4th mainland bridge has provision for a light rail on it. Its an encompassing design.

Oh that's will be much more nice.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by dROC1: 10:15am On Jun 06, 2016
eleko1:
I dnt believe the proposed 4th mainland bridge will take place from Pan African,Greenland Estate and splash fun spot.But from Badore road.There's barely nothing to demolish there save for shanty kiosks,mechanic shops/block making makeshift. Make dey nor come near Greenland Estate ooo embarassed sad and my man fun spot embarassed

They should leave my Greenland please. Years of investment cannot go to waste in one fell swoop.

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by n3xt(m): 10:51am On Jun 06, 2016
luckyehis:
Can we be provided the details of likely route in the Ikorodu axis of the proposed 4th Mainland? What we have been seeing is the Lekki - Ajah axis and the likely areas / building that will be affected. Humans too live and reside in Ikorodu. Nah appeal ooh!!

grin grin

I'll give it a trial. I think you're very right.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge - Houses To Be Demolished! by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 06, 2016
Calmwaters:

lets wait and see.Wen d rail z completed we all will complement him but it z a step in d rite direction

write maturely.. Why do you keep using z for is? Its an eyesore

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / I Finally Moved Out Of Face Me I Face You / Policeman Dies As Burning Building Collapses In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.