Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' (795 Views)

Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' by Nobody: 6:06am On May 27, 2016
The streets of the eastern Spanish town of Bunol turn red and gooey every year on the last Wednesday of August, as tens of thousands of people gather to celebrate La Tomatina. It's not an event that has caused much of a stir on social media outside the country, but in the past few days Nigerians have been distracting themselves from their own tomato crop crisis by making good-humoured jabs aimed at the European festival.
The topic of tomatoes - a staple of the Nigerian diet - is currently not a laughing matter outside the digital realm in Nigeria. A state of emergency has been declared in the tomato sector in Kaduna state, in the north of the country and farmers are said to have lost up to 80% of their tomato crop.
The culprit is a moth called Tuta Absoluta. The agriculture commissioner in Kaduna state said the price of a punnet has risen from $1.20USD to more than $40. Some reports said that in three local government areas, about 200 farmers lost 1 billion naira ($5.1 million) worth of their tomatoes.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36381553

Re: BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' by nairayouthcom(m): 6:09am On May 27, 2016
K
Re: BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' by teekay213(m): 6:13am On May 27, 2016
help us tell them so they give us some.not only tomatoes even pepper.i bought 5 small pieces of rodo for 100naira yesterday.God help us o.
Re: BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' by olatunjithomas(m): 6:29am On May 27, 2016
this is crazy
Re: BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' by watered(m): 6:36am On May 27, 2016
Na to just pour hot 'ororo' ontop that agbaya, add spices and stew is served.

My dearest Sinaj will just present the rice only then shall you see Lala, Mynd44, Aminat508 and Genea show up.

Y'all know what I mean

1 Like

Re: BBC Trending How Spain Was Dragged Into Nigeria's 'tomato Emergency' by Genea(f): 4:29pm On May 27, 2016
watered:
Na to just pour hot 'ororo' ontop that agbaya, add spices and stew is served.

My dearest Sinaj will just present the rice only then shall you see Lala, Mynd44, Aminat508 and Genea show up.

Y'all know what I mean
r u for real?? Wateeeeeeered !!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaah u bk

(1) (Reply)

Indoor And Outdoor Catering / Don't Quit, Learn From KFC. / Pls Cake Preservation!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.