Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September (44948 Views)

Poll: Who wins this match?

Nigeria: 84% (162 votes)
Tunisia: 8% (17 votes)
Draw: 6% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia (4 - 2): Semi-Final U-17 AFCON On Wednesday 24 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by U1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2009
Look at the Cameroon team that some were saying will not qualify being at the bottom of their group, rumour mongers. I'm sure this ones are more reliable than the wingless chickens, if they win the match they will go top. There is nothing super about the SE, neither are they eagles I insist they are chickens.

morpheus24:

If cameroon qualify I go cry tire for Naija!!!!!

Save your cry for better things, my brother.

mikeansy:

Amodu don resign!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy fit? E no fit. Make dem just leave am make he kuku ma complete his shoddy job.
angry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
Lagos, Nigeria - Amid growing recriminations in Nigeria's football circles over Sunday's 2-2 draw between Nigeria and Tunisia in Matchday 4 of the 2010 World Cup/African Cup of Nations, there are indications that former Super Eagles player Austen ''Jay Jay'' Okocha may be drafted to assist coach Shaibu Amodu to prosecute the team's two remaining qualifiers.

The local press reported Wednesday that Okocha will be drafted along with John Mastroudes, a former Nigerian football club founder, to give a pep to the team ahead of its next matches against Mozambique in Abuja, the Nigerian capital, and Kenya in Nairobi.

Nigeria, trailing Tunisia (8 points) by two points, needs outright wins in the two matches - and at least a loss by Tunisia in its own two remaining matches - to have a chance of travelling to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup.

The report of Okocha's drafting came on the same day the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) was due to meet to decide Amodu's fate.

There is widespread anger in Nigeria over the Super Eagles' failure to beat the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia in the group B match of the African qualifying series. A victory for Nigeria would have seen the country take over the leadership of group B.

Only the winner of each of the five African qualifying groups will qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

While many have blamed the coach, others have said the players lacked passion during the match, in which they went ahead twice only for Tunisia to equalise each time.

Who be John Mastroudes kwah!!!!!!

This NFF guys are just annoying

this one na to bring foreign coach through the back door.

The annoying thing is that I have always argued that this has always been the plot.

They want Amodu to fail so that the whole Nation will be desperate for a Foreign coach
Which will now give them a better opportunity to cash in and make more money.

We need a quality local coach. Amodu is not the best we have.

Make Nigerians go rain stone for that glass house so that Federal Government go sack the whole NFF!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by chosen04(f): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2009
nIGERIA 2 TUNISIA 2:: BUT WHY ARE WE SO USELESS
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by bydot1(m): 3:27am On Sep 10, 2009
Only that some of our players are nt that commited unlike other african players sad sad
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by generalzango(m): 5:02am On Sep 10, 2009
?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by U1(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2009
by.dot:

Only that some of our players are nt that commited unlike other african players sad sad

I think the best word is majority. sad
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by U1(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2009
by.dot:

I think the best word is majority. sad
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by OvieE: 2:49am On Sep 11, 2009
chosen04:

nIGERIA 2 TUNISIA 2:: BUT WHY ARE WE SO USELESS

Nothing works that is why we are so useless. From A to Z there is nothing good come out of it.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by TheSly: 2:53am On Sep 11, 2009
OvieE:

Nothing works that is why we are so useless. From A to Z there is nothing good come out of it.
Sorry bro. . . .Iz u from Delta State?

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2)on Sunday 6th September
Congradulations! We qualified! cheesy
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
The Sly:

Congradulations! We qualified! cheesy

AMEN!! in fact i am doing dry fasting for that prayer 40 days and 40 night sef, make una join me oh, the ting no easy oh.  tongue cheesy
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by deb(m): 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2009
Same old story. We won't do the right thing at the right time until we get in to trouble.
And when we get into trouble, we never learn.

For those of you who forget things easily, the problem with our football now is a no brainer.
I can tell you what will happen because we don't ever learn.

1.  Tunisia is not likely going to drop any point again because they know what is at stake.

2.  Nigeria may not qualify, that is glaring anyway.

3.  NFF will start talking about a "Drawing Board" that does not exist. If we had any it would have been destroyed
by now because we have gone back to that board several time.

4.  We will hire a foreign coach that we will expect to perform miracle within the shortest period of time. That means even
Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson cannot succeed in Nigeria coaching. The fans are part of the problem because we are also
impatient to allow the best of foreign coaches to build a world class team.

5.  After a few stumble blocks with a foreign coach who means well for the growth of the game, we are dissatisfied so we sack him

6.  We employ another local coach and we repeat the cycle.

THE TRUTH OF THE WHOLE MATTER IS THIS; WE NEED A WORLD CLASS COACH BE IT WHITE OR BLACK AND WE NEED TO GIVE THAT COACH
AT LEAST 4YRS TO BUILD A WORLD CHAMPION TEAM. NIGERIA CAN WIN THE WORLD CUP BUT WE HAVE TO BE READY TO DO THE SACRIFICE THAT IT REQUIRES. AS PER EMPLOYING A LOCAL COACH, ONLY SAMSON SIASIA MAY STAND THE TEST OF TIME AMONGST THE LOCAL ONES BECAUSE WHEN COMPETITION GETS TO THE CRUCIAL STAGES, EVEN SIASIA COULD FIZZLE OUT.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by deb(m): 4:11pm On Sep 11, 2009
A coach led a team to battle with a strategy that failed and you are saying it was not his fault. We have virtually fumbled and wumbled to get all the results under Amodu's leadership since this campaign started. If a coach will not help define the team then let him refund the salary and go home. Abi na only Nigerians God create?

All these mistakes you pointed out that led to the late equaliser by Tunisia were made over and over from the beginning to the end of the match, we were only lucky the Tunisians did not take their earlier chances. Remember the penalty?. If a coach finds his team playing this badly from the beginning of a crucial match of this maginitude, Is he not supposed to give them the strategy to correct the lapses?

Why do you think teams assemble players days before a match of this kind, is it to just mark register and kick the ball around? Is it not for mental,physical and tactical conditioning? Whose reponsibility is that?

Which NFF are you talking about?

Is this same NFF that left out siasia (a coach that was ranked 15th in the world by FIFA last year ) without a job and gave all coaching Jobs in the country to mediocre coaches.

Is it the same NFF that found it too difficult to replace Ladan Bosso until they were harassed by Nigerians to do so?

Is it the same NFF that has been blindly praising Amodu until we got to this mess of permutation again?

Abeg Oga make we talk true the wey things be.

@na_so

My brother, abeg tell dem again o! You are a correct guy!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by havenite(m): 1:28am On Sep 12, 2009
Well so much Ado about this Super(chicken) Eagles:this guys are rich,its obvious they are no longer motivated to play for their motherland like players from countries do!I pity Nigerians who still passionately,faithfully,religiously,emotionally,financially and otherwise are still sentimentally attached to the eagles!I have news for you all:expect more heart breaks!This players are not of same quality with what we use to have in the 90s.Even the committment to achieve what their predecessors achieved,is not there!We all could optimise our passion for football and channel these emotional resources in worthwhile activities that would make us achieve unbelievable results in our numerous life endeavours and all around make the world a better place than you met it! For more about this visit my blog http://valuablefootballpassionsecrets..com
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by sley4life(m): 3:53am On Sep 12, 2009
Amodu should tender his resignation for causing us heart break
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by ayusco: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2009
havenite:

Well so much Ado about this Super(chicken) Eagles:this guys are rich,its obvious they are no longer motivated to play for their motherland like players from countries do!I pity Nigerians who still passionately,faithfully,religiously,emotionally,financially and otherwise are still sentimentally attached to the eagles!I have news for you all:expect more heart breaks!This players are not of same quality with what we use to have in the 90s.Even the committment to achieve what their predecessors achieved,is not there!We all could optimise our passion for football and channel these emotional resources in worthwhile activities that would make us achieve unbelievable results in our numerous life endeavours and all around make the world a better place than you met it! For more about this visit my blog http://valuablefootballpassionsecrets..com

guy wether we like it our not the SE are our national team as bad as they are now as nigerians its are duty to support them. look Ghana & CIV even Cameroon have had their bad spells CIV were once so bad that their president had their national team disciplined in an army barracks tongue as for ghana when last have they won anything of note. i'm sure we will come out of this slump but how soon? only God knows
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by hollandis(f): 11:03am On Sep 12, 2009
[size=18pt]SUPER EAGLES SHALL RISE AGAIN[/size]
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2009
Onigbinde too is one of our biggest problems in football. He was one of the key figures that worked against handing the SE coaching job to Siasia.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by daniellle(f): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2009
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by hollandis(f): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2009
na_so:

Onigbinde too is one of our biggest problems in football. He was one of the key figures that worked against handing the SE coaching job to Siasia.
Are you sure about this?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by naso2(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2009
hollandis:

Are you sure about this?

Very sure man.

Infact I heard onigbinde on brila  FM saying,  those that were clamouring for siasia to be given the eagles job should think again. That his experience as a teacher makes him know that,  the fact that a pupil did well in kindergarten does not mean he will do well in primary sch. He was simply saying that siasia's  successes at age group level still did not qualify him for the eagles job.

Later siasia replied(in respone to onigbinde) that age was not a relevant factor in coaching. That the core requirements are sound technical ability and the ability to bring the best out of the boys, and that he does not expect to be as old as onigbinde before he gets the eagles job.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2009
hollandis:

[size=18pt]SUPER EAGLES SHALL RISE AGAIN[/size]

AMEN OHH!! i dont know when anyway kiss
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by hollandis(f): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2009
na_so:

Very sure man.

Infact I heard onigbinde on brila  FM saying,  those that were clamouring for siasia to be given the eagles job should think again. That his experience as a teacher makes him know that,  the fact that a pupil did well in kindergarten does not mean he will do well in primary sch. He was simply saying that siasia's  successes at age group level still did not qualify him for the eagles job.

Later siasia replied(in respone to onigbinde) that age was not a relevant factor in coaching. That the core requirements are sound technical ability and the ability to bring the best out of the boys, and that he does not expect to be as old as onigbinde before he gets the eagles job.

OMG -Onigbinde should bury his head in shame.I still hate that w/cup he handled.Can you imaine him being Siasia's stumbling block ,when all along I thought there were better qualified coaches?I cant believe as old as he is ,he can be jealous of his ''siasia's '' achievements
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by blacksta(m): 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2009
Nigeria is a lost country - Nothing works - Limit your expectations
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by proudly9ja(m): 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2009
sley4life:

Amodu should tender his resignation for causing us heart break

Na so e easy?
Person dey earn over one million naira per month plus $20,000 win or draw bonus and free travelling plus estacode and you want make he resign? beans?

lol
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by Embro(m): 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
did nigeria won d match?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by GeorgeD1(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
yes. they won 2-2 grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by deb(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ayusco

I use to laugh everytime I hear people say that Nigerian players are rich. Which money dem get sef?
They are just mediocre. How much of money do they have compared to the Drogbas, the Michael Essiens, Yaya Toure,
and the rest who are playing in the top clubs around the world. Mikel will not get so lucky wait till Chelsea sacks him
then he will know his true value. Those idiot chickens who think they have arrived. hisses nonsense! angry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by deb(m): 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2009
Don't take it so hard!
We can still support CIV and GHN @ WC2010.
They parade a bunch of talented,dedicated and patriotic players.If you keep on talkin' bout the chickens,you'll just die for nothinh Cool

TELL THEM O!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by candylips(m): 10:30am On Sep 25, 2009
Taiwo should be marking Darragi  here. there are 3 defenders and 2 strikers

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by candylips(m): 10:31am On Sep 25, 2009
why is Taiwo not tracking Darragi's run here. Look at the midfield. no body is marking any tunisian player

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs Tunisia (2) on Sunday 6th September by candylips(m): 10:32am On Sep 25, 2009
the idiot takes two steps forward instead of blocking Darragi here

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

Mikel Obi: How My Father Was Kidnapped Before Argentina Match / Arsenal Star Bukayo Saka Is In Lagos [video, Photos] / The Real Truth Behind India Vs Nigeria Match 99-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.