Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories (2481 Views)

9 Funny NYSC Pictures That Will Break Your Jaws With Laughs / Funny NYSC Camp Moments / Collection Of Funny NYSC Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories by Driiimzzz: 9:11am On May 27, 2016
Hello peeps,

Was going through some pics from camp and saw one that reminded me of one morning at the Abuja Kubwa camp.

You know how those soldiers can be sometimes, waking everyone up when you haven't even enjoy the sleep with their sticks and annoying voices. One in particular loved screaming "IDIATTT!!!" right in your face - a chubby face with long tribal marks isn't exactly the best thing to see first thing in the morning.

Anyway, on this particular morning, I was angry and decided, for once, to skip the bs morning assembly. So I refused to get up even when everyone else was herded out. At around six, I got up and decided to have my bath. It felt like a nice quiet morning only for me, in nothing except a flimsy boxer shorts, to see other sly corpers like myself fleeing because the soldiers were coming to bundle us out to roll in the dust. I ran back into the bathroom and locked myself in - not before seeing one of my roommates dive into a nearby bush to hide. I could hear shouts and my heart was beating. In my head, I was seeing a vision of my rolling around on the red sand in only my boxers in front of the entire assembly - I'd rather die first.

Thankfully, the sounds passed and the soldier left and I was able to sneak back out. Those that remained were the true hiders of our generation. A guy hid under the bed covering himself with bags and coolers; the dude chilling in the bush; another that had a slip saying he was "allergic to dust". And finally a dude from nl here: all I can remember of his name is FUJI - he had hidden between to bunks in a dimly lit store so when the soldiers came they saw the empty bunks not knowing mr man was on the floor snoozing away; he hadn't even noticed the wake-up call.

So, go on. Tell me yours ;-). Don't be shy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories by Taeewo(m): 9:36am On May 27, 2016
K

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories by SirHenry105(m): 10:27am On May 27, 2016
I am still a PCM(NYSC magt's fault) but I'm sure it's gonna be fun in camp and l love dz ur experience.
Wish u had added some photos
Re: Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories by Driiimzzz: 11:55am On May 27, 2016
Lol. I was too busy hiding and then laughing when I saw Fuji who had slept through the entire thing. I have a couple of pics from the man-o-war drill though. One guy almost fell off the rope (I have the video of four man-o-war members climbing to save him but nl won't let me upload it)

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories by dorox10: 9:49am On May 29, 2016
Stream 2 PCM posted to Kwara state click link below to join others
https://www.nairaland.com/3125229/kwara-state-16-batch-stream
Think u
Re: Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories by emmayemi11: 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
Opportunity for NYSC members in Lagos to take Cisco certification training at a total cost of N25k only for more info @kingsbraintech http://kingsbraintechnologies..com [http://kingsbraintechnologies..com]

Re: Tell Us Your Funny NYSC Orientation Camp Stories by martin92(m): 6:23am On Jun 18, 2016
Visit www.martinezefra..com for one of the mind blowing NYSC experiences

(1) (Reply)

ALL BENUE CORPERS & EX-CORPERS SHOULD COME IN / Ibadan Corp Members, Get Ur Khaki Uniform, Crested Vest, Cap And Boots Today / Nysc 2017 Batch A Stream II Pcm Should See This... (New Date Revealed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.