Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

A Checklist Against Cybercrime - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Checklist Against Cybercrime (8159 Views)

A Checklist Against Cybercrime / A Checklist Of Bad SEO Practices To Avoid / 68 Ultimate Blogging Tips - A Checklist For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by wunmi590(m): 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by entloaded: 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2016
visit www.entloaded.net to get latest gist, sports and watch live tv
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by ronald4lif(m): 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
naijaboiy:
Well done Op!

How about those JOBLESS individuals who parade themselves as detectives on NAIRALAND? undecided

They spend their time taking screenshots of private chats they've had with members of this forum or they will deliberately follow a user just so they could stalk him/her and then concoct lies just to defame that member .

These cyber criminals abound very much in the romance section of this forum and they are growing in their numbers day by day.

Please the authorities that be should also direct their attention here so those jobless touts can be fished out. angry

The self-assigned "detectives" sabi themselves. Screenshots aye, don't be surprised to see this comment appear after sometime as screenshot "evidence" to destroy your "reputation". cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Allwility: 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
What about all those telecom companies that sender me unsolicited text messages every morning? Isn't that cyber stalking? Una no go go catch big fish, dey there dey use tax payers to catch small fish. Abeg make una free the blogger jor. If you have any case against him, take him to court.
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by naijaboiy: 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2016
ronald4lif:

The self-assigned "detectives" sabi themselves. Screenshots aye, don't be surprised to see this comment appear after sometime as screenshot "evidence" to destroy your "reputation". cheesy grin
They are free to screenshot na! cheesy

In fact they should come to my house and snap pictures of how I live my life with my family. grin

Because it's their phone and data I use to express myself on this forum. Thank God a thread like this is on front page, so they(and other nairalanders) can see it.

People honestly need to get a REAL LIFE! undecided

1 Like

Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Oildichotomy(m): 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Cyber Stalking : This is a kind of online harassment wherein the victim is subjected to a barrage of online messages and emails. Typically, these stalkers know their victims and instead of resorting to offline stalking, they use the Internet to stalk. Sometimes, they combine offline stalking along with cyber stalking to make the victims’ lives more miserable.
Did EFCC receive any petition from anybody complaining of stalking or harassment?

Let's keep fingers crossed and so how this plays out and besides they granted the Northern dude administrative bail
We shouldn't forget that,

are you seeing what I am saw grin

1 Like

Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by mcayomind: 12:10am On Aug 09, 2016
elmisti:
we all know what cyber stalking is, what is surprising is d role of the efcc in d case......i will av to hold on a bit nd postpone procreating......my kids will have a very hard tym cohabitating in d same nation with zombies sad
behold a common Nigeria man calling his own parent zombies, I forgot you are from south Sudan. Woe unto thee oh ye son of broilers. Well, critic are now welcomed to nail us apart, they can as well hang us out or nail us to a wooden coffer
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by power900: 12:20am On Aug 09, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
I may have to beg you to hold on forever... Going thru castration wld be better because I can't imagine you reproducing more wailers!!!
lol, wetin Donald trump do you na
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Naskiid(m): 12:23am On Aug 09, 2016
weblord1900:
The list is incomplete without PHISHING
it's creating a fake copy of a popular site to attract users and hack them when they drop their detail.

Back in the days when we hack 2go accounts grin

Phishing is not a type of cyber crime, it's under hacking, hacking has different methods which phishing is one of them.
Social Engineering
Phishing
DDOS
Pharming

And many more, they are all methods of hacking!

1 Like

Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by pythonkid(m): 12:59am On Aug 09, 2016
weblord1900:
it's creating a fake copy of a popular site to attract users and hack them when they drop their detail.

Olodo PHISHING is categorised under hacking...
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by adaweezy(m): 1:25am On Aug 09, 2016
Achorise:
Please most yahoo boys don't even know where they fall in, please where do they fall in ?

All categories let me give a checklist
Identity theft is the first process
Malicious code sending
Hacking
Spamming
Cyberstalking
Theft

Then the usual financial crimes, intent to defraud, fraud etc
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by ddaammyy(f): 1:37am On Aug 09, 2016
OP, what happened to your X KEY? undecided just asking though grin
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by hjedua(m): 2:03am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice one.
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Horbah1(m): 3:13am On Aug 09, 2016
ok
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by AdeniyiA(m): 3:16am On Aug 09, 2016
Achorise:
Please most yahoo boys don't even know where they fall in, please where do they fall in ?
OK, you want to know your category? ?
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Catalyst007(m): 3:54am On Aug 09, 2016
MY People, stay away from CYBER-Crimes! Yahoo tinz are dis-honourable... How do those guys sleep at NIGHT Self?

See my signature if you need a professional-looking LOGO DESIGN today!
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by zicoraads: 5:37am On Aug 09, 2016
naijaboiy:

They are free to screenshot na! cheesy

In fact they should come to my house and snap pictures of how I live my life with my family. grin

Because it's their phone and data I use to express myself on this forum. Thank God a thread like this is on front page, so they(and other nairalanders) can see it.

People honestly need to get a REAL LIFE! undecided
It's joblessness through and through. No other reason for it I tell you. The other time I saw the screen shot of a post someone made in 2009 or so. And I was like WTF!!

They just sit down and start going through post history or what? I mean, will someone who has school or work to face have all that time? To what end...a million or hundreds of thousands alert?!
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 09, 2016
naijaboiy:
Well done Op!

How about those JOBLESS individuals who parade themselves as detectives on NAIRALAND? undecided

They spend their time taking screenshots of private chats they've had with members of this forum or they will deliberately follow a user just so they could stalk him/her and then concoct lies just to defame that member .

These cyber criminals abound very much in the romance section of this forum and they are growing in their numbers day by day.

Please the authorities that be should also direct their attention here so those jobless touts can be fished out. angry

You're correct Sir.

One known entity took a picture from my WhatsApp page and opened a thread asking for help in locating the person in the picture and a name.

A week later he started contacting Forex sellers with my userid to try to swindle them.

I know nairaland love traffic and user headcount but still they ought to invest in IP banning.
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Tobitrueman(m): 6:03am On Aug 09, 2016
weblord1900:

Hahaha, I was 100% guilty of this one. May God have mercy.
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Rapture4real(m): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2016
I lost 100k to cyber crime this year. The guys are very smart. It's like they use juju
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Achorise: 9:01am On Aug 09, 2016
AdeniyiA:

OK, you want to know your category? ?
That shows how shallow your reasoning is, I'm too loaded to even pick money on the ground,.only those who has no confidence in themselves and lack total trust in God do yahoo.In my church we do heavooo not yahoo, becos we have Jehovah monism.

one love thou.
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by Ceereeab: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2016
It is under hacking,u self mentioned HACK
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
todhost:

Read full blog at: https://www.todhost.com/blog/a-checklist-against-cybercrime.html

Properly writen

Will adjust to this

No EFCC Arrest
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by uvalued(m): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
followw
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by mikolo80: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
elmisti:
we all know what cyber stalking is, what is surprising is d role of the efcc in d case......i will av to hold on a bit nd postpone procreating......my kids will have a very hard tym cohabitating in d same nation with zombies sad
aamptgdw have most experience pursuing yahoo boys
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by seangy4konji: 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
so wetin make we do now.
Re: A Checklist Against Cybercrime by todhost(m): 1:37am On Aug 16, 2016
stano2:
Ok..i thought initially I was going to see how these crimes cud be stopped
That is contained in the full blog article on Todhost. see link at the end of the article.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Best Tools For Bloggers To Correct Grammatical Mistakes / Help On How To Activate Deactivated Gmail Account Please. / New/upcoming Bloggers Beware Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.