Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,916 members, 7,838,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

How Do I Overcome Recession Fever? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Overcome Recession Fever? (686 Views)

How Do I Overcome Stage Fright / Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers / 12 Tips To Overcome Laziness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Overcome Recession Fever? by ayomifull(f): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2009
I've been with my current coy for like 3 years and so far its been great. I am very good at what i do and gets credit for been dedicated and competent almost on weekly basis (weekly performance report) . I do my best and have no problem with my role.

The coy is one of the very solid coys very unlikely to be affected by recession. . . . . . but despite all these i find myself worrying about when the whole reccesion will disappear just 'in case'. . . . i dread having to join the queue for dole.

Anyone with idea of how i can let my mind be at peace and 4get about recession?
btw im i the only one with this fever?
Re: How Do I Overcome Recession Fever? by DrFerlie(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2009
ayomifull:

Anyone with idea of how i can let my mind be at peace and 4get about recession?
btw im i the only one with this fever?

The only antidote is to plan and prepare to address your fears/what ifs.
State the worst case scenario-which is losing your job and put necessary things in place like- saving enough money in your account, upgrading and learning new skill that could keep you afloat , looking for another job on time etc. Once there is an action/contingency plan in place, the fear will dissappear.

Note: If it can happen, It will happen (unless you do something to address it),
Re: How Do I Overcome Recession Fever? by vezycash(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
Dr - true talk. Money is somewhere, find it!
"A thief was asked why do you rob banks, he said
because that is where the money is."

stop watching news on recession, people are still buying cars, houses, getting girl friends, clubbing,
Train yourself to know where the money is, and the skill on how to lay your hands on the money.
READ READ and READ on your own. (that is true education) not what they say in school.

(1) (Reply)

Job Seeking Is Harder Than Finishing School? / Cfa Materials / Application For Nigeria Airforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.