Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Tips On Maximizing Your Job Interview Oppotunity - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tips On Maximizing Your Job Interview Oppotunity (600 Views)

Job Oppotunity For NCE And B.sc (ed) Holders In to SUBEB Kaduna State / 4 Ways To Improve Your Job Prospects / My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On Maximizing Your Job Interview Oppotunity by bet9ja(m): 3:40pm On May 27, 2016
10 Interview Tips to land yourself a dream Job

27 May 2016 by Olu Ayeni

Many interviewers ask the same basic questions, so thinking ahead of time about how best to answer these interview questions.
This will give you greater confidence in the interview, which can aid your success rate in securing the future you want.

Here are some ideas on how to handle these common interview questions, and how to sidestep trouble.

1) Tell me about yourself!

Outline your strengths and accomplishments
Outline your education and career history briefly
Avoid personal information (children, age etc)

2) Why should we employ you?

Compare your abilities and competencies to those required in the position
Prepare some success stories and integrate them into your answer
Stress your enthusiasm and willingness to learn

3) Why do you want to work for this company?

Show the interviewer that you have done some research, and give your answer based on that. For example – “I have looked at your website and I am keen to join a company that…...”. Don’t give answers like “Its close to home” or “The salary is good” (even if this is true!)
Being ill prepared can cost you the opportunity.

4) Why are you leaving your present position/why did you leave your last position?

Whilst you should never be dishonest, rather don’t say anything negative about previous employers during the interview. Even if your current boss is the problem, the interviewer may think you are the problem.
Don’t mention better salary as a reason for leaving – the interviewer may think you could leave them for the same reason.
The best approach is to indicate that you are seeking greater challenges and responsibility, or the opportunity to better utilize your skills and talents that are under-utilized in your present position. If you have faced retrenchment, or have been dismissed, be honest about this during interview.

5) Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

To answer “in your chair” is dangerous because although some managers may be intrigued, most would view this as arrogance.
Mentioning a specific goal is risky because this might not fit in with the company’s ideas of where one should be.

The best answer to this question is something like “I would like to contribute and add value to my employer, gain experience and grow as an individual”.

Read More on http://www.soutynews.co.za/uncategorized/tips-on-maximizing-interview-opportunity/

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy In The Bar/lounge/cafe/hotel / Latest Pharmaceutical Company Vacancies In Nigeria / Graduate Recruitment Analyst At Growth In Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.