Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Get Fast Internet Access While Connected To A Public Wifi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Get Fast Internet Access While Connected To A Public Wifi (945 Views)

Nigerian Lady Electrocuted By Her Phone Connected To Light While Asleep(photos) / Nigeria Internet Access Revenue To Hit $4.4b / Free Public Wifi In BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Fast Internet Access While Connected To A Public Wifi by Opistorincos(m): 9:18am On May 28, 2016
According to statistical reports compiled based on an intensive research through the use of questionnaire specifically directed at Bowen University students, an institution situated in Iwo, Osun State, it was discovered that 90% of students love free Wi-Fi network, some of them go as far as inconveniencing themselves by maintaining a weird and painful posture where they think the Wi-Fi network is strong enough to power their queued downloads, this is so because the Wi-Fi network in the school area is always in an open “state” i.e. without any password/security to restrain just anybody from having access to the internet through the school’s Wi-Fi network, most of them endure this suffering in other to catch up with the latest episode of their favourite shows, check Instagram posts of the celebrities they so much adore, quickly complete some project works/assignments and other class related activities. Now let’s take it outta the school environment, most Nigerian youths and sometimes the techy oldies are spotted in different locations such as banks, boutiques, supermarkets and other places starring anxiously at their smartphones while trying to check whether the wifi network in their vicinity is secured with a password or not, I cannot deny the fact that I myself is a “free wifi hunter” and that is solely because the data subscriptions in this country are not pocket-friendly, the few ones that seem pocket-friendly will make you wish you had used your hard earned cash for other important things because the way the data allotted to you will be zapped will amaze and shock you at the same time. I am not ashamed to admit the fact that 80% of the time that I am connected to a free wifi network all I ever do is download some unimportant things all in the name of trying to fill my hard drive because the bills of my total downloads are not going to affect my pocket at the end of the month, the irony of this whole thing is the fact that whenever I want to download irrelevant things the download speed and upload speed are always awesome but whenever I want to do an assignment that is due for submission as early as possible the next day, the network will become shitty because of the number of people that are connected at the same time as me. If you’ve ever found yourself in my shoes, you will realize how frustrating it is to be in this kind of situation, data wasters such as Youtubers, Instagram kings/kings, Snapchat freaks etc. are all having a blast with the network while you a serious minded person is struggling with very low internet speed, do not despair because at the end of this tutorial you wouldn’t have to bother about the load on the wifi that you want to use for your last minute project work/assignment simply because of the amazing android application I want to introduce to you which goes by the name WifiKill.

INTRODUCTION TO WIFI KILL

Let me dedicate a line or two to introduce you guys to the powerful application known as WifiKill – this is an android application as earlier mentioned in the last lines of the first paragraph and its sole aim is to ensure you have utmost satisfaction while connected to a public wifi network i.e. it will enable you have total control over the internet usage of all other internet users that are connected to the same wifi network as you e.g. you can restrict the other users access to the wifi network thus leaving only you as the only connected & eligible user to access the internet through whichever wifi network you are connected or close to at the moment. Apart from this, other amazing features of this application includes the ability to make you see others data consumption rate, access to their internet activities i.e. their visited websites and blogs etc. To make this application run effectively on your android phone, you device must have root permission i.e. it must be rooted and your android operating system must not be lower than android 4.0, if its lower than that, consider making an upgrade to the new operating system that is available for your device.

HOW TO USE WIFIKILL

Just before we proceed to the main part of this tutorial, I will like to make it clear to anyone reading this post that whatever you find in this article is strictly for educational purposes and as such should not be used otherwise. Before we start at all, download WifiKill here – after successful installation, follow the procedures below carefully in order to be able to learn one or two things at the end of this post;

Ø Activate your smartphone’s Wi-Fi function.

Ø Open WifiKill, click on the play icon at the top then click on grant on the next screen.

Ø Once scan is completed, all the other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network as you will be listed alongside their device brand.

Ø Click on any device of your choice, slide the grab option in order to see hidden details about the selected device.

Ø Slide the kill option in order to make the selected device lose its connectivity.

Ø You can lock devices out one after the other by following the instructions above or alternatively click on grab all then select kill all to disable all devices at once.

Ø Once you are through with the Wi-Fi network remember to enable the disabled devices back by switching off the kill button.

NB: Just in case you missed the download link above, you can download WifiKill here.

With the well detailed tutorial above, I think you should have no problem eliminating your other smartphone users that are making your internet speed slow. Now that I have educated you on how to get a fast internet access when connected to a public Wi-Fi network, kindly share this post with your friends and do not forget to give us your feedback via the comment section below – We love comments a lot and you making your thoughts known through the provided comment section below will go a long way in encouraging us to make another interesting post that will help proffer a solution to your smartphone issues.

http://eodob.com/2016/06/get-fast-internet-access-while.html

(1) (Reply)

Ntel Now Available In Lagos, Lagosians Go Pick Your Sim Now / Can Someone Please Recommend A Good N17000 Android Phone For Me With These Specs / If Your Glo 0.0k Uc Handler cheat Has Stopped Working Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.