Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Billions Of Prayers Wasted - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Billions Of Prayers Wasted (2517 Views)

Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. / Nigeria Will Lose Billions If TB Joshua Relocates — Experts / Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

'Stuck in Christianity' ? You are meant to enjoy your relationship with God . My God ! Change your church ! Do something about this please . God loves you !
You just don't get it, do you?
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Rubbish talk . No Christian is complaining , how God does things is to his glory , oh mortal how you choose to see it is insignificant .
WOW U JUST PROVED U R USELESS IN THIS MATTER ORDINARY QUESTION U CANT ANSWER YET U RUN FROM IT LIKE A CHICKEN
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by hahn(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There are billions of reasons to pray

1. Praying means showing faith . Without faith you can't please God .

2. Praying develops your relationship with God

3. Praying helps you know God's will

4. Prayer prepares you for spiritual battles .

5. Prayer is an act of obedience to God

Etc

If you realize , praying is for our own good . God being all knowing does not reduce the efficacy of prayer . God commands us to pray , he knows why we should pray . So giving petty objections like these ones are doing just does not make any sense to me .

Your delusion will come to an abrupt end when you finally, I doubt it though, realize that when you pray you are only talking to yourself.
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Demmzy15(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2016
Lilbrown007:
LOL Demmzy15 MIGHT HAVE A BETTER EXPLAINATION OR IS THIS THE REASON WHY BOKOHARAM(BOOK IS SIN) ARE FIGHTING FOR THEY DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO FIND OUT THE TRUTH BY NOT READING THEIR BOOK INSTEAD THEY GO TO ARABIC SCHOOL AND BECOME USELESS IN FUTURE
I must confess, I seriously don't know what are talking about. Rephrase please!
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 28, 2016
Demmzy15:
I must confess, I seriously don't know what are talking about. Rephrase please!
SEE THE TOPIC PICTURE
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Demmzy15(m): 9:16pm On May 28, 2016
Lilbrown007:
SEE THE TOPIC PICTURE
Believe whatever you want, it's not my business. cool
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Scholar8200(m): 9:18pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

These are spiritual matters pastors and great knowledgeable Christians have answers too . cc scholar8200

Well, he didnt need answers afterall! He's made his conclusions!
Owliver:
ofcos they must have jargon to talk about.
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 28, 2016
Demmzy15:
Believe whatever you want, it's not my business. cool
HAHA LWKMD U JUST RAN AYAAAA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51pm On May 28, 2016
Julianyao:

You just don't get it, do you?

Oh you have taken the path of foolishness already . Oyo then
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53pm On May 28, 2016
Lilbrown007:
WOW U JUST PROVED U R USELESS IN THIS MATTER ORDINARY QUESTION U CANT ANSWER YET U RUN FROM IT LIKE A CHICKEN

You are making specious arguments here . It's the same as asking me why God didn't create humans with wings and females with just one boob . However God chooses to do things is to his glory
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Weah96: 10:05pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There are billions of reasons to pray

1. Praying means showing faith . Without faith you can't please God .

2. Praying develops your relationship with God

3. Praying helps you know God's will

4. Prayer prepares you for spiritual battles .

5. Prayer is an act of obedience to God

Etc

If you realize , praying is for our own good . God being all knowing does not reduce the efficacy of prayer . God commands us to pray , he knows why we should pray . So giving petty objections like these ones are doing just does not make any sense to me .

I like your #3. So what do you do after you learn the will of your god? How does the knowledge help you?

1 Like

Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:20pm On May 28, 2016
Weah96:

I like your #3. So what do you do after you learn the will of your god? How does the knowledge help you?

Weah , what do you when you get a plan from your boss on what to do in an office undecided

After they'll tell you that they' operate in logic and reason '
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Demmzy15(m): 12:38am On May 29, 2016
Lilbrown007:
HAHA LWKMD U JUST RAN AYAAAA
¬Yes I just did tongue *runs out of thread*
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Weah96: 1:23am On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Weah , what do you when you get a plan from your boss on what to do in an office undecided

After they'll tell you that they' operate in logic and reason '

My boss will share his plan with me. He doesn't know if I will execute the plan. That's because he's not all powerful and doesn't know the end from the beginning.

Your god on the other hand has a will which is accompanied by a plan set in motion before your time. The will is set in stone, even Jesus acknowledged that when he was tempted to flee in the bush.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by johnydon22(m): 7:10am On May 29, 2016
ValentineMary:

That guy (Kingebukasblog) always spills nonsense. After I made a nonsense of his other thread, he started calling all atheist ignorant.

Hahahahahahaha anyway do not start boasting out how you made nonsense of someone on a thread of course that person would never agree you did, let the people who read these debates decide who's gat the salient points and who's not..

I find stuffs like this infantile, do not say it let your posts do the talking for you that's how it goes.

these beliefs are very vulnerable most times when debating atheists theists tend to do the most damage themselves..

people don't realize it even though they feel they have made a good point it always does the most damage to the readers faith when they keep contrasting it with the conflicting points.

E.G Logicbwoys thread where we talked about omnipotence paradox..

Be an intellectual giant but that should always come with humility because you should debate to teach and learn not to massage your ego and start to drag who's got the better argument, the readers know it when they read it.

I like the biblical book of Sirach (A deutroncanonical book) you won't find it in most bibles (pentecostals) its mostly used by catholics and Orthodox. there is a quote there that goes.

"The higher you become, the more humble you should be"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by johnydon22(m): 7:14am On May 29, 2016
crusadistic:

What stops you from pleading,begging,crying and shouting for help to your creator?

Only ego would make someone leave you to beg and grovel before he can decide to help you, only wickedness would make someone leave you to cry and fast before he can decide to help you.
Only something forgetful would warrant you repeating the same thing for years to remind him to help you

If your supposed God operates within these confines then he is not "All good" , not all knowing.

Rather shows a very petty character that is ruled by an unparalleled ego problem, wickedness and chronic forgetfulness
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 9:19am On May 29, 2016
johnydon22:

Only ego would make someone leave you to beg and grovel before he can decide to help you, only wickedness would make someone leave you to cry and fast before he can decide to help you.
Only something forgetful would warrant you repeating the same thing for years to remind him to help you

If your supposed God operates within these confines then he is not "All good" , not all knowing.

Rather shows a very petty character that is ruled by an unparalleled ego problem, wickedness and chronic forgetfulness
If you have a problem-you ask for help,how easier could that be.How do you then envision God to help you,if out of arrogance you decide not to .You dont want his help,then why are you expecting his help?
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2016
Weah96:

My boss will share his plan with me. He doesn't know if I will execute the plan. That's because he's not all powerful and doesn't know the end from the beginning.

Your god on the other hand has a will which is accompanied by a plan set in motion before your time. The will is set in stone, even Jesus acknowledged that when he was tempted to flee in the bush.

So what's your point
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55am On May 29, 2016
hahn:

Your delusion will come to an abrupt end when you finally, I doubt it though, realize that when you pray you are only talking to yourself.
tongue

Your delusion knows no end brother . Sadly , you'll realise this when its too late .
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by hahn(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your delusion knows no end brother . Sadly , you'll realise this when its too late .

I am not the one who has an imaginary friend who has an imaginary enemy here smiley
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 29, 2016
crusadistic:

If you have a problem-you ask for help,how easier could that be.How do you then envision God to help you,if out of arrogance you decide not to .You dont want his help,then why are you expecting his help?
YOU DON'T GET IT DO YOU?? ASKING HELP FROM SOMEONE IS DIFFERENT FROM ASKING FROM GOD FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE A PROBLEM MAYBE M BROKE I DON'T HAVE CASH I CAN JUST CALL MY FRIEND TO LEND ME SOME MONEY BUT IN GOD CASE HE ALREADY KNOWS AM BROKE BUT STILL EXPECT ME TO PLEAD N BEG B4 HE CAN HELP DOES THAT SOUND GODLY TO YOU??
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 29, 2016
Lilbrown007:
YOU DON'T GET IT DO YOU?? ASKING HELP FROM SOMEONE IS DIFFERENT FROM ASKING FROM GOD FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE A PROBLEM MAYBE M BROKE I DON'T HAVE CASH I CAN JUST CALL MY FRIEND TO LEND ME SOME MONEY BUT IN GOD CASE HE ALREADY KNOWS AM BROKE BUT STILL EXPECT ME TO PLEAD N BEG B4 HE CAN HELP DOES THAT SOUND GODLY TO YOU??
Yea,thats the point,you seeing yourself too big to implore him of help.
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Weah96: 1:40pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So what's your point

Knowing your god's will is pointless because the will is set in stone.
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2016
Weah96:

Knowing your god's will is pointless because the will is set in stone.

This is arguable . Some Christians have various ways to describe God's prescience .
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 29, 2016
crusadistic:

Yea,thats the point,you seeing yourself too big to implore him of help.
LOL AM TOO BIG TO ASK THE ALL LOVING FATHER FOR HELP?? IF AM SAD MY MUM WILL COME TO ME AND ASK WHATS WRONG WITH YOU SON IS THEY SOMETHING YOU WANT OR WHATS MAKING YOU SAD?? TALK LESS OF AN ALL LOVING GOD?? NOW I ASK AGAIN DOES PLEADING AND BEGGING AND FASTING SOUND GODLY TO YOU?? WHO IS PROUD ME OR GOD?? YOU AND YOUR FRIEND ARE WALKING ON THE STREET AND HE FELL INSIDE A HOLE WILL U WAIT FOR HIM TO BE BEGGING AND PLEADING B4 YOU HELP HIM?? TALK LESS OF THE ALL LOVING GOD??
Re: Billions Of Prayers Wasted by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School 29th October 2017 / Intellectual: Why Should A Christian Convert To Islam? / Okotie,the Catholic Church & Our Gross National Lunacy:Fire In Bullshyt Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.