Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Why God Is Silent In Your Situation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why God Is Silent In Your Situation (890 Views)

Why God Is Patient And Merciful / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why God Is Silent In Your Situation by Cutehector(m): 8:22pm On May 28, 2016
In times of difficulty men reason, "if there is a loving Father God, why is he silent?" "why did he allow this to happen?" "why didn't he prevent this?"

Why does he not prevent disastrous explosions, accidents, typhoons, floods and wars?

An infidel having no faith in the existence of God argues from the silence of God, the greatest problem of our times.

Psa 28:1, "Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them dat go down into the pit."

Men have devised several probable answers as to why God is silent.

1. Deism :God is a good God but he has no time to look after the details of life. God is only a spectator of the affairs of this life.

2. Atheism : Silence proves that God is a myth. A living God would speak.

3. Materialism : The world is governed by law, without a personal God. They teach that we are at the mercy of blind chance.

Why, then, is God silent? Several negative answers present themselves thus:

1) INDIFFERENCE: Christ suffering on the cross cries, "My God, My God." God cared so much for our souls that he continued his wrath upon the Son.

2) UNOBSERVANT: This is contrary to the omniscient understanding of God.

3) UNLOVING: The parent that truly loves a child will punish it. Heb 12:7,8

4.) UNWILLINGNESS : He sees the end from the beginning and plans our whole lives.

If these four negative answers are wrong, what, then is the correct answer as to why God is silent?

1. Common sense view : A lot of the difficulties is as a result of deliberate sin due entirely to man's carelessness, neglect and folly, such as accidents. Gal. 6:7 "For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

2. Reverent View : Is it right that my puny mind should question the workings of the Almighty God?" Isaiah 55:8,9. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts and your ways not my ways." Doubting God's master plan will include sorrow, suffering and pain.

3. The Philosophical view: Human free will involves the consequences of those actions. Human freedom means moral responsibility for actions.

4. Love's View : God is a jealous lover. Exo 20:5, "I the lord thy God, am a jealous God." He seeks to divorce us from everything and cause us to cling closely to him.

5. Faith View : John 13:7, "Jesus answered and said unto thim, what I do, thow knowest not now, but thou shalt know hereafter."

1 Peter 1:7 "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing.....

8: The Mysterious works of God : John 9:3, "Jesus answered, neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." This is the story of the man that was born blind. I may suffer, not for my sin but to be made a blessing to someone else. Only those who have passed through suffering and sorrow can comfort others.

Conclusion

Above are views as to why God is silent in your situation.

you may feel that all hope is lost, but Psalm 46:10 says, Be still, and know that I am God

Source: God's Answers to man's questions. Page 18.
Re: Why God Is Silent In Your Situation by Gabaleve(m): 8:32pm On May 28, 2016
All dis NL pastors

and na dem dey observe cleavage pass o
Re: Why God Is Silent In Your Situation by Cutehector(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2016
Gabaleve:
All dis NL pastors

and na dem dey observe cleavage pass o
beware of the yeast from the pharisees but observe the teachings of the Lord most high.. cool
Re: Why God Is Silent In Your Situation by Gabaleve(m): 8:41pm On May 28, 2016
Cutehector:
beware of the yeast from the pharisees but observe the teachings of the Lord most high.. cool

So cleavage na Pharisee yeast?
Re: Why God Is Silent In Your Situation by Cutehector(m): 8:45pm On May 28, 2016
Gabaleve:

So cleavage na Pharisee yeast?
Luke 12. It's very obvious u don't even read ur bible. Coming here to showcase ur illiteracy
Re: Why God Is Silent In Your Situation by Gabaleve(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2016
Cutehector:
Luke 12. It's very obvious u don't even read ur bible. Coming here to showcase ur illiteracy

what is dis one sayin?

because dem allow u read one verse for night devotion,u wan com dey show lyk say na u near God pass

young man......Gerrarrahere
Re: Why God Is Silent In Your Situation by ValentineMary(m): 9:03pm On May 28, 2016
Pls summarize I could not read all those sh*t u..wrote.

(1) (Reply)

Hijab : Press Release By A Muslim Body / Jehovah's Witnesses And Worship Of Jesus / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/08/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.