Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

The Benefits Of Giving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Benefits Of Giving (634 Views)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Giving by mckoolcharming(m): 8:27am On May 29, 2016
A lot of people don’t like giving, including a lot of Christians. If that sounds like you, you might feel a bit uncomfortable, but please read on because I want to share an important secret with you.

If you’ve ever read the Bible with an open and honest heart, then you know it teaches us to give frequently and generously.

Jesus is very interested in what we do with our money. In fact, He spoke about money more frequently than any other subject except the Kingdom of God. He said:

“Woe to you that are rich” (Luke 6:24)
“You cannot serve God and mammon” (Luke 16:13)
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth… but store up for yourselves treasure in heaven…for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matt 6:19-21)
“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” (Matt 19:24)

Most of us don’t struggle to understand Jesus’ teaching, but we struggle to obey it because we are afraid. When we let go of money, we fear we’re letting go of our security.

Perhaps you’re troubled by the story of the young man who asks Jesus, “What must I do to get eternal life?” (Matthew 19:16). When Jesus answers, “Go sell what you possess and give to the poor and you will have treasure; and come, follow me” (Matthew 19:21), the man goes away heavy-hearted because he can’t bear to give up his wealth. Did he ever truly enjoy his privileged lifestyle again or did he always wonder, “What if…?”

The good news is money can be used to enhance our relationship with God and to bless humankind. Here’s the secret benefit of giving: it’s good for us. It teaches us to find our security in our Father God and to rely on Him for all our needs. Furthermore, a giving spirit makes life with God an adventure – how will He use you today?

Giving money is a great way of showing our love to God and seeing how He uses us to bless others. As we give, our attitude is transformed. Rather than asking, “How much of my money should I give to God?” we ask “How much of God’s money should I keep for myself?”

So give with a glad and generous heart because the very act of letting go of money does something within us. It destroys the demon greed and allows generosity to grow

SOURCE : www.undilutedbiblesociety.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefits Of Giving by kunlesehan(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2016
Nice one op. Give and you'll be given, that's the secret of living.

(1) (Reply)

Cave Turned Into A Church In Egypt, 70,000+ Gather Every Week / Religion Is A Massive Cult!!! / What Really Happened Between Bishop Obinna And Pro Biafra People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.