Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,240 members, 7,957,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

God And Mobile Police Officers @ Enugu Saved Us From Armed Robbers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / God And Mobile Police Officers @ Enugu Saved Us From Armed Robbers (759 Views)

Mobile Police Officers Protest In Maiduguri Over Non-Payment Of Allowance (Pic) / Attempt To Rob A White Man In Enugu State Foiled By Mobile Police Men (photos) / I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God And Mobile Police Officers @ Enugu Saved Us From Armed Robbers by naijacarlovers: 5:28pm On May 29, 2016
I thank the Almighty God for his mercies.

This morning I, my brother and niece left Enugu very early for Lagos. As I passed the New Market and joined the Expressway leading to 9th Mile. I got to a check point manned by Men of the Mobile Police Force. This was around 5.30am. Luckily, I was courteous in responding to the officer's questions about our movement.

Just three minutes after we left them I noticed a '96 model Toyota Camry parked with the hazard lights on. As if they had a breakdown.
In the split second, I noticed a young man in the driver's seat and another at the boot, on realizing that a car was approaching, and a shiny saloon car, the one outside started coming forward. Thank God that I drive regularly on long distances so I obeyed my instincts and stopped, flicked my headlights to full beam.

Immediately I noticed that the guy was waving at us to come forward with his left hand and his right hand had snaked to his back waistband retrieving a gun.

Did I need a prompt to do the 'Ben John...'?

No way.

Luckily as I stopped I had reflexively put the gear in reverse so as his hand was coming back to the front I was already doing some serious speed backwards. At a convenient spot I did a 360 degree and faced where I came from.

As I got to the police check point, I informed them about the 'men at work'. Immediately, they mobilized and got another vehicle and four officers followed us rather preceeded us in another vehicle. While another officer drove their Patrol Hilux after us.

For security reasons I won't describe the actions they took.

As we passed the robbers quietly, stopped and the officers disembarked and started moving in on them, 'omo', the guys picked race.

The officers then followed in hot pursuit.

I really thank the team who did this. They were professional, swift, displayed great courage, didn't seek for gratification before and after. Unfortunately, we couldn't follow them to see the outcome or say "thank you" hence I am doing this incase their superiors are reading this.

The team was on night duty in front of the filling stations around Iva Valley outbound Enugu, heading to 9th Mile.

God bless you all.

Let it not be only bashing for our Gallant Mopols. Let's celebrate them when they perform and deliver also.

3 Likes

Re: God And Mobile Police Officers @ Enugu Saved Us From Armed Robbers by MrJah(m): 10:38pm On May 29, 2016
Thank God for your life!! That side is very dangerous

1 Like

Re: God And Mobile Police Officers @ Enugu Saved Us From Armed Robbers by VaginaTerrorist(m): 10:48pm On May 29, 2016
naijacarlovers:
I thank the Almighty God for his mercies.

This morning I, my brother and niece left Enugu very early for Lagos. As I passed the New Market and joined the Expressway leading to 9th Mile. I got to a check point manned by Men of the Mobile Police Force. This was around 5.30am. Luckily, I was courteous in responding to the officer's questions about our movement.

Just three minutes after we left them I noticed a '96 model Toyota Camry parked with the hazard lights on. As if they had a breakdown.
In the split second, I noticed a young man in the driver's seat and another at the boot, on realizing that a car was approaching, and a shiny saloon car, the one outside started coming forward. Thank God that I drive regularly on long distances so I obeyed my instincts and stopped, flicked my headlights to full beam.

Immediately I noticed that the guy was waving at us to come forward with his left hand and his right hand had snaked to his back waistband retrieving a gun.

Did I need a prompt to do the 'Ben John...'?

No way.

Luckily as I stopped I had reflexively put the gear in reverse so as his hand was coming back to the front I was already doing some serious speed backwards. At a convenient spot I did a 360 degree and faced where I came from.

As I got to the police check point, I informed them about the 'men at work'. Immediately, they mobilized and got another vehicle and four officers followed us rather preceeded us in another vehicle. While another officer drove their Patrol Hilux after us.

For security reasons I won't describe the actions they took.

As we passed the robbers quietly, stopped and the officers disembarked and started moving in on them, 'omo', the guys picked race.

The officers then followed in hot pursuit.

I really thank the team who did this. They were professional, swift, displayed great courage, didn't seek for gratification before and after. Unfortunately, we couldn't follow them to see the outcome or say "thank you" hence I am doing this incase their superiors are reading this.

The team was on night duty in front of the filling stations around Iva Valley outbound Enugu, heading to 9th Mile.

God bless you all.

Let it not be only bashing for our Gallant Mopols. Let's celebrate them when they perform and deliver also.
You are a very Gr8ful &good Nigerian not the ones dat always bash officers

2 Likes

Re: God And Mobile Police Officers @ Enugu Saved Us From Armed Robbers by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 30, 2016
Police is your friend!

God is your owner.

First man to acknowledge Nigeria police positively.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See Gobe! Man Murders Prostitute Because She Did Not Satisfy Him In Bed / Evangelist Caught With N1.4bn Worth Of Drugs In Lagos (photos) / Chikamso:i Still Sardine Because Of Hunga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.