Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:45 AM

Dstv's Inefficacy And Multichoice Monopoly In Nigeria Very Shameful - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Dstv's Inefficacy And Multichoice Monopoly In Nigeria Very Shameful (437 Views)

Multichoice Adjust Subscription Rates DSTV & GOTV / Multichoice Wins Big At 2016 Marketing Edge Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dstv's Inefficacy And Multichoice Monopoly In Nigeria Very Shameful by babeface3: 6:59am On May 30, 2016
I had always wondered why we are so tick skinned and subservient to any kind of illtreatment in this part of the word. I have never seen where consumer right and protection is zero like we have over here. Worst still when foreign companies who lord it on us in various aspects are involved. Multichoice has been the sole provider of satelite television in Nigeria for decades now yet their services are nothing to write home about. Imagine paying monthly subscription when other countries subscribe per useage and yet you are in to contend with all kind of error messages. At times you are deprived from watching the channels for days before they get it back by one or two codes through several attempts at their office. Nobody talks of compensating for the lost period. Attimes channels dissapear without notice and when notice is given there is no explanation and incidental compensation or refund for what you already paid for. If it rains, forget dstv. When the signal finally gets back thank your star. And the next minute you are reminded that your subscription expires the next day. If you don't pay accordingly, you are automatically yanked off.
I have never seen a think like this in any part of world.

2 Likes

Re: Dstv's Inefficacy And Multichoice Monopoly In Nigeria Very Shameful by whizzler: 7:36am On May 30, 2016
babeface3:
I had always wondered why we are so tick skinned and subservient to any kind of illtreatment in this part of the word. I have never seen where consumer right and protection is zero like we have over here. Worst still when foreign companies who lord it on us in various aspects are involved. Multichoice has been the sole provider of satelite television in Nigeria for decades now yet their services are nothing to write home about. Imagine paying monthly subscription when other countries subscribe per useage and yet you are in to contend with all kind of error messages. At times you are deprived from watching the channels for days before they get it back by one or two codes through several attempts at their office. Nobody talks of compensating for the lost period. Attimes channels dissapear without notice and when notice is given there is no explanation and incidental compensation or refund for what you already paid for. If it rains, forget dstv. When the signal finally gets back thank your star. And the next minute you are reminded that your subscription expires the next day. If you don't pay accordingly, you are automatically yanked off.
I have never seen a think like this in any part of world.

true talk, u begin to wonder what the consumers' protection council is set up for. Before Nigerians finally take over we better start fighting for billing per usage as is the case with most services now
Re: Dstv's Inefficacy And Multichoice Monopoly In Nigeria Very Shameful by Proffdada: 3:53am On May 31, 2016
Their days are numbered
From the day their atheist company started censoring "God"

(1) (Reply)

Allow Experts To Repair Or Services Your A/C, Refrigerators, Washing Machine / Lenovo A5000 For Sale / Neatly Used Blackberry Q10 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.