Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers (14540 Views)

Gunmen Kill Nigerian Man In Mozambique, Steal His Money, Bury Him In Bush (Graph / 6 Gunmen Kill Pastor In Umuahia, Abia (Photo) / Gunmen Kill Zaki Biam, Benue Community Residents In Cold Blood (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by metronaija: 8:45am On May 30, 2016
Unknown gunmen invaded Ozochi community in Ahoada East Local Government of Rivers State over the weekend and killed eight persons, including the oldest man in the village.
Many houses, shops and other properties were destroyed by the gunmen.

The Caretaker Committee Chairman of Ahoada East LGA, Mr. Britain Ewor, who confirmed the incident, described those behind it as enemies of the local government area and the entire state.

Ewor, who spoke through his aide, Monday Oyagiri, asked troublemakers to stay away from the area.

He expressed sympathy with the families of the deceased.

Also, the member representing the area in the state House of Assembly, Edison Ehie, confirmed the incident.

Ehie urged security operatives in the state to ensure that those involved in the killings were arrested and punished.

A source disclosed that the local government was planning a peace and prayer session to seek God’s intervention to the killings in the area.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Ahmad Muhammad, confirmed the incident, saying that the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Musa Kimo, had deployed a team of armed mobile policemen in the area to forestall further attack.

He said, “Yes, it happened, but the Commissioner of Police in the state has ordered the deployment of armed mobile policemen in the area. As I speak with you, the situation has been brought under control.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/30/gunmen-murder-oldest-man-7-others-in-rivers-community/

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by jaymejate: 8:50am On May 30, 2016
If you do investigation deeply, at the end you go see say na politicians de behind.
Just that i don't know when naija youths go wise up and stop being used

14 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Young03(m): 8:52am On May 30, 2016
Oh
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Nobody: 8:55am On May 30, 2016
Another sad story again!...chaii
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Nicolars(m): 9:09am On May 30, 2016
Hmmm, speechless
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Integrityfarms(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2016
Wish life has a duplicate cos the original is just one copy!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by carreport(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2016
Rivers of blood
The security situation in Rivers State has overwhelmed Governor Nyesom Wike.

There are just too many guns in the wrong hands and for the wrong reasons.

14 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by herkeym001(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2016
who be the gofanor for rifas state

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Winners72(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2016
Buhari security measures. None sense.
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Hopey12(m): 10:37am On May 30, 2016
And the madness continues
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Safemode(m): 10:37am On May 30, 2016
Rivets State of blood

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by gunther6(m): 10:38am On May 30, 2016
We are now in a full blown Banana republic where the rule of law and the supposed monopoly of violence of the government (the very foundation of a modern state) is an expensive joke
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by minexpo(m): 10:38am On May 30, 2016
dis is strong
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by fasho01(m): 10:38am On May 30, 2016
So how old was this 'oldest man' And who verified him the oldest man

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by tosynomolara(f): 10:39am On May 30, 2016
Good and interesting news r scarce dis days... May God help us
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by dipznano: 10:39am On May 30, 2016
angry
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Emmaoga: 10:39am On May 30, 2016
this gunmen self...
no respect for old age.
well they will never pass 45years since they have no respect for the old man.....

Amaechi may be the brain here.....
just saying my own

over to the zombies of BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by spartacuz: 10:40am On May 30, 2016
It's Rivers nau, killing themselves.
Main problem there is lack of good parenting, lack lustered attitude towards their children. Anyway, RIP to the dead. Wike please do something.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Nobody: 10:43am On May 30, 2016
POLITICAL undertone
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 10:45am On May 30, 2016
This is no news
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by otokx(m): 10:49am On May 30, 2016
Rivers is peaceful - WIKE
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by madridguy(m): 10:49am On May 30, 2016
Wike and Amaechi should start using their number six. Enough of this killings, your people first before political party. I hope they learn sha.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by oweman: 10:49am On May 30, 2016
The chickens are back home to roost the AVENGERS now taking on their grand pa the killings are just starting its shall be killing fields .

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by iyobosadavid: 10:55am On May 30, 2016
when you av a cultist and a blood thirsty governor at the helm of affairs in the state, so what do you expect. Stupid Ugandans food don done oo oya come quote me. Remember quote me and die....the choice is yours

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Ambassadors: 10:57am On May 30, 2016
fasho01:
So how old was this 'oldest man' And who verified him the oldest man
Is that the kind of question you should be asking? When people have died. Some people brain need reset. Imagine people are dead instead of asking questions on the way forward you are asking stewpid question. Wake up!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by nbright: 11:03am On May 30, 2016
Presidiot buhari, where's the security you scamed them with

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by MrMcJay(m): 11:22am On May 30, 2016
Hmmn
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by TeamSimple(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2016
Broken record.
nbright:
Presidiot buhari, where's the security you scamed them with
Broken record.
Thought you guys are happy with the actions of gunmen and avengers in the south just to spite Buhari, so why ask him such silly question?
I pray such news keep flowing from that zone. I pray they get worst than BH.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by Sasuwa(f): 11:36am On May 30, 2016
Wike and pdp tout will not see peace
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by amusaaj33(m): 11:59am On May 30, 2016
R I P to the dead....condemn evil acts before it becomes a nightmares but they refuse....
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by mayorchelsea(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2016
Politicians have handed over weapons to youths in their quest to get power and the youths are now on rampage using the weapons for economic gains and 'treating f*ck up' of rival group or gangs but wait,why support NDA and castigate these guys?
Re: Gunmen Kill Oldest Man In Rivers by mukhcech(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2016
Fulani Herdsmen:Singing akon.....You can put the blame on me, u can put the blame on me.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Government Impounds 146 Motorcycles, Jails 21 Riders / Policeman flogs driver for refusing to bribe them in Benin (Photos) / Man Sells His 6-week-old Twins Children For N500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.