Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Is A PS3 Still Worth It? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is A PS3 Still Worth It? (1504 Views)

I Need A Ps3 To Buy / I Need A Ps3 To Buy / Who Has A Ps3 To Give Away. Im In Need Of One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by Suspect33(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2016
Want to get a gaming console by next month, the price for a PS4 exceeds my budget, want to know if getting a PS3 is still worth it?
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 30, 2016
Yes. However I would advice you bulk up your budget to get a ps4 instead.

The benefits of having a ps3 now is availability: you would get games for cheap, receive from friends who know not what to do with discarded discs, have a backlog of interesting games you have not played yet and finally the ability to software-modify it to store downloaded games gotten free off the internet.
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by Collinz2(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2016
And newly released games or next gen games might not support PS3
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by Suspect33(m): 9:07pm On May 30, 2016
charix:
Yes. However I would advice you bulk up your budget to get a ps4 instead.

The benefits of having a ps3 now is availability: you would get games for cheap, receive from friends who know not what to do with discarded discs, have a backlog of interesting games you have not played yet and finally the ability to software-modify it to store downloaded games gotten free off the internet.
am not a heavy gamer, i only play football, gta and racing games, so is getting a PS4 really necessary? In what other aspect is the PS4 superior to PS3 apart from graphics. Thanks
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 30, 2016
Suspect33:
am not a heavy gamer, i only play football, gta and racing games, so is getting a PS4 really necessary?
No. You're okay with a PS3 then.

In what other aspect is the PS4 superior to PS3 apart from graphics. Thanks
Having the ability to purchase or borrow the latest version of games. Football and other real world themed games would come equipped with the latest stats and fixtures for players, characters and vehicles. You can discuss using first hand hand experience your knowledge on trending games as opposed to getting second hand opinions.
The ps4 also guarantees you wouldn't need a system upgrade for the next two to three years before its successor enters the market.
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by cao(f): 11:41pm On May 30, 2016
You're okay getting a PS3, plus online multiplayer is free on the PS3.
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by kingsleyAba: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
cao:
You're okay getting a PS3, plus online multiplayer is free on the PS3.
can I gt pes3 around 30k
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by cao(f): 11:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
kingsleyAba:
can I gt pes3 around 30k
Sorry, I've no clue.
Re: Is A PS3 Still Worth It? by Kaycee7(m): 9:09am On Jun 03, 2016
kingsleyAba:
can I gt pes3 around 30k
Lowest price I've seen so far is 45k.

(1) (Reply)

Suggest A Gaming Laptop 200k Can Buy, With Good Specs / Deleted / Gaming Lounge Competition Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.