Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? (937 Views)

How To Transfer Files Wirelessly With Xender From PC To Phone Or Phone To PC / If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by chachazzy(m): 12:03am On May 31, 2016
I have come across many threads on this forum where people shared their experience with our men-in-black while traveling or taking a stroll on how the police accused them of one thing or the other after going through their phones or laptops.

Please I need to be enlightened, is this right?

I only see it as a means to extort the feeble ones through indiscriminate arrest.
Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by fistonati(m): 1:10am On May 31, 2016
It's none of the security operatives duty, infact none of them must check it.

That's an act of breaching and breaking someone's privacy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by mychelyte(m): 2:41am On May 31, 2016
It's been said by the IG,they don't have any right to breach ur privacy.
Police don't have the right to check ur phone,because whatever you do on ur phone is to be ur privacy.
Lock ur phone and do not unlock it,let them take you to any court of law.

But our men in black happened to be the worst have ever seen ,they take law into their own hand because of the AJO (contribution)money they are going to pay,they can do an undo.
Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by kudos4u(m): 3:32am On May 31, 2016
mychelyte:
It's been said by the IG,they don't have any right to breach ur privacy.
Police don't have the right to check ur phone,because whatever you do on ur phone is to be ur privacy.
Lock ur phone and do not unlock it,let them take you to any court of law.

But our men in black happened to be the worst have ever seen ,they take law into their own hand because of the AJO (contribution)money they are going to pay,they can do an undo.
Said by the IG that didn't leave his office. Biko just surrender yourself to police when they want to search you oooo especially when no body sabi your pale name for Nigeria and you are not from a rich home. Nigeria police no sabi plenty things but them sabi rope person even pass rope itself. Police policee policeeeee

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by chachazzy(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2016
fistonati:
It's none of the security operatives duty, infact none of them must check it.

That's an act of breaching and breaking someone's privacy

I thought as much, this is really becoming unbecoming of our men in black, they always go through ones phone looking for means to extort the fray ones. So many innocent citizens are languishing in different prisons on preposterous charges and our judicial system is not helping matters.
I pray we all kick against such act by our men in black and our dear Country will be a better place.
Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by kesses: 3:17pm On May 31, 2016
sometimes they need to but sometimes they only do it to extort money from other people, i said sometimes they need to becos there may be a case of stolen phone or laptop so that is just my own view
Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by annacheem: 5:59pm On May 31, 2016
I don't think it is right because we have right of privacy
Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by osenbarak: 6:01pm On May 31, 2016
police and their wahala gan instead of them to catch thieves they will be oppressing civilian
Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by chachazzy(m): 11:14pm On May 31, 2016
annacheem:
I don't think it is right because we have right of privacy
Exactly bro.
Right to privacy. I don't think they know what that means.
Re: Is It Right For Policemen To Check Ones Phone Or Laptop? by Daluuzor(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2016
it is very wrong for policemen to illegally search or go through your phone. The IG of Police said it himself. Read details below.

https://www.naij.com/685255-inspector-general-police-bans-illegal-accessing-mobile-phones.html

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Use GIONEE Phone? / Infinix Note 3 Launch Invite / Mamaa Just Flexing Her New Iphone 7.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.