Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Golf 3 Automatic Transmission Problem. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Golf 3 Automatic Transmission Problem. (1807 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf 3 Automatic Transmission Problem. by Igbafen: 2:53pm On May 31, 2016
I need help and advice from experience nairalander, my golf 3 automatic transmission car, stays in gear even when brake is applied. It keeps moving or trying to move unless you move to neutral. When I start it, the rpm goes so high as above 10, and later to 10, my mechanic has tried all he can from adjusting and readjusting the carburettor to changing temperature censor and all that. I was told to is the valve body, some said is an electricall fault. So recently I did a scan which read faulty ECU. And its said no communication between ecu and the transmission. Any idea is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Golf 3 Automatic Transmission Problem. by Kashif(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2016
Igbafen:
I need help and advice from experience nairalander, my golf 3 automatic transmission car, stays in gear even when brake is applied. It keeps moving or trying to move unless you move to neutral. When I start it, the rpm goes so high as above 10, and later to 10, my mechanic has tried all he can from adjusting and readjusting the carburettor to changing temperature censor and all that. I was told to is the valve body, some said is an electricall fault. So recently I did a scan which read faulty ECU. And its said no communication between ecu and the transmission. Any idea is appreciated.

When in D, your car is always in gear; stationary or in motion.

What is your engine RPM at idle? I don't understand the '10' above.

1 Like

Re: Golf 3 Automatic Transmission Problem. by Igbafen: 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
Kashif:

When in D, your car is always in gear; stationary or in motion.
What is your engine RPM at idle? I don't understand the '10' above.

Thanks Kashif, if am on motion and wanted to come to a halt, l have to put it on neutral to stop completely. Otherwise it vibates and still moves even though I trys to brake. The rpm is above 1, in golf3 tis from 0,10,20,30,etc
after driving for sometime it comes to 1.
it comes with an electric carburettor.
Re: Golf 3 Automatic Transmission Problem. by Sadeeqsambo: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Please i am experiencing the same problem please can you tell me any solution or what u did to your car

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord Discussion 2007 4 Cylinder Maintenance Cost. / SOLD!! SOLD!! SOLD!!Nissan Micra For Sale / 2007 Honda Accord (eod) Give Away With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.