Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,641 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch (26307 Views)

Unity Bank Sacks 241 Staff Amidst The Current Economic Hardship. / Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Workers (document Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by nbright: 9:41am On Jun 01, 2016
Buhari is a foolish man

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by onosprince(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by emmasege: 9:41am On Jun 01, 2016
Pascal181:

Just look around and u will see that somethings are working bro.
Can you mention some?

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Goodeeman: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2016
We are all hopeless in this Zoo called Nigeria.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Pavarottii(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2016
iamfroshsylver:
Diamond bank can fire as many as they want...all i pray is that death shldnt fire my mom in years and years to come as she is 56yrs today. Hapi birth day mother.pls show her love wit likes.tnx
Wat a prayer and u expect God to accept ur prayer... " Diamond bank can fire as many as they want" Wat happened to love ur neighbors as u love urself. The biggest commandment?

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by sirugos(m): 9:44am On Jun 01, 2016
ugohemma:
people in the know said its morthan thaat
English
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 01, 2016
God forbid oo
Dis looks like anoda civil war is about to happen

God help us
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by ipreach: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2016
APC: ''We will create 3,000,000 jobs in a year.''

A year after, over 3,000,000 people last their job.
What an irony?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2016
Pascal181:

Just look around and u will see that somethings are working bro.
Mention one sector of the economy, that's working.

I guess Bubu is working. grin

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2016
And someone will say " i stand with PMB" mtsheww everything is upside down.. Ghana loading.... 70%
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by yorex2011: 9:54am On Jun 01, 2016
This is really disheartening
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by jojosweet(f): 9:57am On Jun 01, 2016
iamfroshsylver:

Does she work wit diamond bank? Ur trilobita brain works sinosodially.u need to go bk to pry sch.
NB: neva quote me in ur life again
ah! Hahahahah I yaff fall hia with raff eyooooo.Supu oyibo grin
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by sinistermind(m): 9:57am On Jun 01, 2016
Are dis people aware that this can affect them in getting another job? I know someone that have worked with them for 10 years who wa affected.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by jasminea: 9:58am On Jun 01, 2016
iamfroshsylver:
Diamond bank can fire as many as they want...all i pray is that death shldnt fire my mom in years and years to come as she is 56yrs today. Hapi birth day mother.pls show her love wit likes.tnx
people are feeling sorry for those in trouble, you are there sayong nonsense. When it reaches your turn we ll see how many Happy Birthday s u ll say

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Fundango: 10:00am On Jun 01, 2016
gbaskiboy:
The labour market keeps growing instead of reducing. APC lead government promise 3,000,000 jobs within a year. Within same year over 3,000,000 lost their jobs. Job security is no longer guarantee.
Nothing is working in Nigeria, my dear country has turned upside down...
in my area ,most private schools had downsized their labour force by 50% while some 40%.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by iswallker(m): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2016
iamfroshsylver:

sadly, people you want like from are not too happy with your comments on Diamond Bank... undecided

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by buksaylor001: 10:12am On Jun 01, 2016
God will fire him one day-we will wake up to hear the good news!
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by UuzbaGuuzba: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2016
donsteady:
God....... Please interven.. While growing up, we were told to go to school, get a good grade and for sure, we will get a good job..... We weren't told that we can be kick out at any giving time. How would these folks survive in this hard economic condition ?

What need of a typist when Oga has a laptop with MsWord and can type?
What need of a Messenger when Oga has email on Laptop and BB?

School forgot to tell you that once PC's and technology improves, less people would be required to produce more work.

They will never employ a human being to replace a computer. We have all been pushed out of the office by computers.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by menix(m): 10:28am On Jun 01, 2016
These guyz won't kill us with grammar ooo..

U just sent home some bread winners nd u called it "Rightsize" being that Labour hates the Word "Downsize"...

Ndi uwa Mmebi

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Dollaz: 10:28am On Jun 01, 2016
iamfroshsylver:

Show which dirty love when you show insensitivity to the plight of a fellow citizens..
Today it is an unknown person tomorrow it may be ur brother or sister to be sacked. Show love to all.

What goes around comes around.

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by totorimi: 10:29am On Jun 01, 2016
I have said it before anybody working in any Bank in Nigeria should take it that he or she is just gathering enough money to do something else in the shortest possible time.
Truly, bank job in Nigeria is not a job at all for any graduate, if not for job scarcity no graduate should even aspire to work there. In the past I learnt it was called white collar job for school cert holders, a jerky thankless job indeed, you give in all your time and energy and oneday without any meetings or notice the victim is thrown out of the system like a pack of rubbish. God forbid that I should work in a bank in Nigeria, a very demeaning job no future, no job security.
The worst of it is that as the person is sent away he or she is paid nothing, if I had my way I will say the affected staff should plant a bomb and blow up the bank it is not worth being called a bank.

When you see them in traffic they all, decked up in suit and ties like say they are have any job just one decision by the clueless MDs they are back to square one. You will see them bankers picking up LG goods on credit to intimidate their neighbors working in other sectors as though they paid cash, collect loans to buy brand new cars, collect loans to go on holidays abroad, collect loans to buy the latest mobile phones, hang around the choicest nightclubs and be forming big boys and girls yet they have no steady jobs.

Compare them to others working in the government offices and oil companies, these are the real workers they have job security they can plan, slow and steady they achieve itheir life ambitions.
I don't know what went wrong maybe it was when desperadoes started opening banks and employing all Tom dick and Harry that started living above their income with adventurous MDs,maybe it was when professionalism was sacrificed on the alter of target drives and profit realization at all cost.

Banks should be merged and let only four big and reliable banks remain with a wide branch network and regional administration to serve the nation, others an be mere micro finance institutions.
I have no pity for those yanked off the network because it is a normal thing, I am sure the wise one amongst them have all put their plan B in motion because I know no sane human being working in any of those places called banks will be there without a plan B.
Sack is second nature there, unlike in public sector once you are employed your contract is with the HR department in the Nigerian banks a small customer service girl sleeping with any Executive or the MD can sack a professional staff under the flimsiest excuse.
If you know too much and you are too good at your work and sitting atop you is a blockhead manager you can be sacked.

It is a useless sector as far as I am concerned full of nonsense and smelliness, for those still working there please learn from these ones some of them were victims of high level witch hunting and some were just unlucky not that they are bad staff. So you still there begin to plan your exit and find something more assuring to do so that nobody can mess you up. Just imagine a man with kids in school and perhaps a housewife in this Buhari government, just tell me how you expect such a person to survive. After wearing suit everyday to start wearing normal shirt and trousers. It is terrible I tell you.

6 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by toma3: 10:30am On Jun 01, 2016
APC deceived nigerians

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by mokset123: 10:31am On Jun 01, 2016
greatgod2012:
I'm just afraid!

Retrenchment here!

Sack there!

Fire employees here!
Fire employees there!

This is gonna lead to nothing but escalation of crimes.

God help us.
And workers salaries owed by many states and local government councils
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by sped1oro(m): 10:33am On Jun 01, 2016
HOW TO SURVIVE WHEN LAID OFF FROM YOUR CURRENT JOB

In the world today, it seems as if layoffs are increasing in popularity. Lay-offs are something that you regularly hear in the news. As more businesses are forced to downsize, you may find yourself laid off from your job position. This condition may be permanent or temporary; it often depends on the needs and discretion of your employer. Either way, should you find yourself laid off, your struggle still continues.
When it comes to lay-offs, one of the questions commonly asked is “what should I do?” In all honesty, there is actually so much to be done in the event that a JOB is lost. For starters, you should have clear reasons to first examine your qualification and area of expertise, your personal savings and investments plus your pension contributions. Identifying the aforementioned will provide a succor to you and your family in the interim.

If you are laid off from work, you should find out if you are entitled to laid off benefits or compensations, especially if you did not commit any criminal or fraudulent offences. And be conscious of the fact that the job is not yours for life and it will one way or the other comes to an end one day. Your severance package or laid off benefits is intended to serve as a palliative to cushion the shock of Job loss. That is why you will want to start taking action to help you find a new job, possibly the sooner the better. The first step in doing this involves creating a resume for yourself. You can either craft your own resume or you can engage a professional resume writer to do the job for you. Either way, you will want to ensure that your resume is one that will turn company heads.

Once you have a resume in hand, you should then start examining all job openings in your territory. When looking for job, it is advisable to use the local journal or the internet for your search. Career hunting websites are nice and easy tools to find and apply for jobs online. For your own safety, you should be careful in giving out confidential information to any company or job recruiting firms that you have never heard of before or unable to research their details online.

If you are a little bit nervous sourcing for a new job, you should know that you are not alone in that feeling. Finding a new job can be a stressful process, especially when it comes to time for an interview. That is why you may consider talking to friends, colleagues or family members who has had such experiences. This practice, if done enough, will help to reduce the anxiety often associated with location interviews. You may also discover that you are able to give better answers, as well as building better confidence at your next interview.

If you are unsuccessful in your job search, you may consider registering with certified
and popular outsourcing firms. They can be of great assistance in selling your resume to prospective employer, however, there is always a price attached to their service. If you are unable to secure employment in the shortest possible time you may want to consider entrepreneurship in the temporary, you can start a small business to earn an income and spend your time searching and applying for secure, long-term career openings.

Source...http://hollalaycan..com.ng/2016/03/how-to-survive-when-laid-off-from-your.html

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:34am On Jun 01, 2016
Number of ppl riding keke na pepe don increase no b small
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2016
iamfroshsylver:

Pathetic human... really disgusted, so you think people's mums are not among those sacked.. someone i know in that bank lost his job and he carries virtually all his relative on his pay..

But you come here looking for likes just to spew rubbish, you pray evil for another mum just for your mum to be congratulated..

Pathetic human indeed..

How some people really think amazes me.. gosh am disgusted

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Coldfeets: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2016
donsteady:
God....... Please interven.. While growing up, we were told to go to school, get a good grade and for sure, we will get a good job..... We weren't told that we can be kick out at any giving time. How would these folks survive in this hard economic condition ?

This post just about sums up what is wrong with the system.

First, you're calling onto God that you cannot see to come and help you. This shows how helpless you are since it shows you haven't realized that you alone can help yourself—first.

Secondly, you are talking about what you were taught when you were growing up. Unless you are still a child, isn't it high time you realize that most of the things you were taught as a child were actually false?

Look my friend, quote me any day anytime, entrepreneurship is the key!

The era of white collar jobs is gone. Unfortunately, many of you youths still haven't realized that probably because that was what you were taught while growing up.

You guys come here to lament about how helpless the whole situation is meanwhile a fellow youth like you and I by the name Seun who also happens to be owner of this platform earns handsomely every blessed day!

Can Diamond Bank sack him? NO

In fact, can anybody sack him? NO

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by judondasylva(m): 10:43am On Jun 01, 2016
very sad news
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Temidayo9(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2016
In everything keep thanking BABA GOD, there is time for everything He says....... May God see us tru this hard times
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Catastrophe1: 10:59am On Jun 01, 2016
God help Nigerians. a lot of people depends on this sacked individuals.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 01, 2016
wer do dey want dem to go?
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch by outseba(m): 11:35am On Jun 01, 2016
donsteady:
There's just about one and one way only.... "OWN YOUR OWN ECONOMY ".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries / Did Jumia Lay Off 50 Staff In The Most Unsavory Manner? / Nigeria Policeman Flaunts His Tommy At The Silverbird Entertainment Center,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.