Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? (5286 Views)

Hitler Was Genetic Related To Somalian, Berbers And Jews ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by eyoiba(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2009
I watched a documentary on WW2 recently and for the first time i realised that Adolf Hitler was a great motivator and had he channeled his energy positively, Germany would have been the greatest country in the world. For example:at the time he became the chancellor of Germany their economy was in terrible state and was so bad that a bread was sold for several billions of deutschemark and he was able to perform a feat that is still known as economic miracle till today. He also transformed Germany to the world military power and provided employment to several millions. That's not to take the atrocities he commited from him, i just opened his positive side to you.
Now the question is can you name your son ADOLF HITLER for any reason? shocked After all people are bearing JUDAS. grin
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by Owugal(f): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
I have never heard of anyone naming their son judas. but that being said there is a man in the state of pennsylvania in the states who named his son adolf hitler campbell. you can google it. the local giant store refused to make a birthday cake for the boy inscribed with "HEIL HITLER" on it. so I guess people are naming their progeny after this ingeniuos man whose genius was channelled to the macabre. anyways i think in mabybe about 200 years when we are all gone or still alive by means of modern technology or cryogenics, people might forget what a basterd the man was and name their children hitler or adolf.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2009
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by eyoiba(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2009
@Owu gal.
I saw the name Judas in a film cast . I can never name my son Adolf Hitler but i believe a name is just a word to identify a person though we attach meanings to it in Africa but i don't believe it can have a controlling power on individual in any way. A person bearing a name should define the name and not the other way round. Obama is not what made the person bearing it popular but but the other way round. In case a person bearing Adolf Hitler serves you his Birthday cake please don't refuse grin Those people that refused making cake for Adolf Hitler Campbell did that prejudicially.

@Tpia
Norring do those Palestinians.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by presido1: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2009
Are we German? Y don't you ask Germans?
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by vanitty: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2009
Any person that names his son Adolf Hitler is just setting the child for problems later in life.
If you want to be creative name am apple, london or something to that effect.
Adolf hitler is just taking the biscuit.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by agathamari(f): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
being part german and personaly knowing people who fled germany durring that time i would say no.

but i do agree that man was a very good motivational speaker. i mean who else could sit there and tell an entire counr that everyone who is similar to him deserves to die (he as part jewish, had brown hair and brown eyes) and yet no only managed to live but got thousands to follow his every command and wim.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 5:04am On Aug 30, 2009
when we have our own abacha in naija, u are going all the way to germany to find a name.
what naija parent names their kids after germans even if he were a monk?
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by Magz(m): 5:27am On Aug 30, 2009
Read the first few chapters of Alex Haley's "Roots", regarding Omoro Kinte's naming of his first son Kunta Kinte.

@ Poster, very interesting.

In a training class for the Leadership club at my school, we had to compare and differentiate between pairs of notable leaders. One pair that was randomly selected was Adolf Hitler and Barack Obama.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 5:31am On Aug 30, 2009
Magz:

One pair that was randomly selected was Adolf Hitler and Barack Obama.

i don't think that was a random selection grin
u know them conspiracy theorists all over youtube saying obama is just another hitler and whatnot?
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by TheSeeker(m): 7:35am On Aug 30, 2009
Started to dig into Adolf Hitler's life and past last week and I must say there are certainly good things to learn from him. People just tend to look at the bad side of people but that doesn't mean that his bad doesn't outweigh his good deeds; I'm just saying there are a few good things about him.

One of his words I seem to like for right now: "Anyone who's not racially pure is a mere chaff" That's for those AAs hating on Africans angry

Winston Churchill said this of him: "I have only one purpose, the destruction of Hitler, and my life is much simplified thereby. If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons,"

Adolf also said, "Fascism is a religion; the twentieth century will be known in history as the century of Fascism,"

Benito Mussolini, Italian dictator, said, "I should be pleased, I suppose, that Hitler has carried out a revolution on our lines. But they are Germans. So they will end by ruining our idea,"

And don't forget it was said of Hitler that he was loyal to Mussolini but just didn't extend it to trust.

Mussolini said this to buttress that fact : "The Italians will laugh at me; every time Hitler occupies a country he sends me a message,"

Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2009
One of his words I seem to like for right now: "Anyone who's not racially pure is a mere chaff"  That's for those AAs hating on Africans

lipsrsealed  why seeker why? racist mantras like these need to be forbidden. 

what is this a hitler appreciation topic?  undecided
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by TheSeeker(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2009
Did you see what I said below it? That's for those AAs hating on Africans calling us monkeys. I, on a good day, am not a racist and will never be one. That's just a word for those AA's who think Africans are . . . uhmmm. . . . whatever they call us. No offense meant to the respectful AAs.

I don't like racists, will never do so. That's one of the things I hate about Hitler. And I'm not trying to appreciate him, like I said earlier, his bad deeds outweigh his good ones. But come to think of it, didn't Italy make him?
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2009
i get what you mean.

but i personally will always take offense to someone who makes a racist comment about blacks or africans. (and i'm sure u would too.lol ) i don't care if he/she was having a bad day lol because they always have an excuse of some sorts. don imus had one, michael richards had one etc
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by TheSeeker(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2009
When you spit on, you spit back. It's simple. Throw a racial comment at me and I'll dig out one of the numerous quotes from Hitler. Man was a real racist -- an absolute one at that.

I don't like being racist but when you're being hit you don't look on (you react).
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2009
hmm it's a personal issue then.
i guess i've been trained to be more sensitive to racial slurs etc. and i'm glad for that
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by TheSeeker(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2009
How would you react if someone made a racial comment about you? Say, they called you a monkey?
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 8:31am On Aug 30, 2009
depends on the context. calling me a monkey may not be a racial comment.
but if it were racist, i dunno how i will react since it has never happened to me b4. but i understand where ur coming from though.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by TheSeeker(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2009
Monkey is a racial comment. I can only admit more people are used to it because it's very common, but hell yeah, it's a racial comment meant specifically for Africans
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by FMK(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2009
my next baby will bear the name of Lucifer
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 8:46am On Aug 30, 2009
TheSeeker:

Monkey is a racial comment. I can only admit more people are used to it because it's very common, but hell yeah, it's a racial comment meant specifically for Africans

i get what u mean. racists do say africans look like monkeys lol
i don't recall ever being called a monkey but i've called my sibling monkey before when he was eating a banana. what does that make me? lol
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 8:47am On Aug 30, 2009
FMK:

my next baby will bear the name of Lucifer

lol. your next baby will hate u for life
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by TheSeeker(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2009
oyinda.:

i get what u mean. racists do say africans look like monkeys lol
i don't recall ever being called a monkey but i've called my sibling monkey before when he was eating a banana. what does that make me? lol
Last time I checked, eating banana doesn't have anything to do with race; that in no way cannot be tagged a racial comment. But when you call someone a monkey because of their looks mainly then it's a racial comment and that's the most context where it's used.

Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by oyinda3(f): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2009
^ i agree. then i don't know how i would react in that situation. i'll probably think of an animal that person reminds me of at the moment.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by eyoiba(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2009
@FMK
Check Isa 14 vs 12. Lucifer is the papa of Hitler. Pls dont 4get to invite me for the christening deviling.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by agathamari(f): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

One of his words I seem to like for right now: "Anyone who's not racially pure is a mere chaff" That's for those AAs hating on Africans angry

racily pure to hitler ment yo had blond hair and blue eyes and was of total german decent. the british were considered unpure, the chinese were unpure, the mexicans were unpure in his eyes.

the man was a lunatic and a genius. he puled grmany out of mssiveeconomic colaps and right into infamy as the evils of t he world. i only wish he didt commit suicide so truman could have had his way with him
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by TheSeeker(m): 5:42am On Sep 02, 2009
agathamari:

racily pure to hitler ment yo had blond hair and blue eyes and was of total german decent. the british were considered unpure, the chinese were unpure, the mexicans were unpure in his eyes.

the man was a lunatic and a genius. he puled grmany out of mssiveeconomic colaps and right into infamy as the evils of t he world. i only wish he didt commit suicide so truman could have had his way with him
Spot on but I choose to go with the genius part of him and other good things he did for Germany. . . British never had good agenda anyways, who gives a fig about them angry
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by sucessful1: 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2009
@poster

I think it'l be or look stupid to use someone else's name and surname on ur child,yes i have seen peeps called hiltler and i 'v also seen pple called adolf,jesus christ was a good man ,but pple are not called after him,although i'v seen jesus and i'v seen christ use as a name.have u seen anyone else called warren buffet even his own son cannot be called without being put junior at d end.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by agathamari(f): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2009
sucessful1:

@poster

I think it'l be or look stupid to use someone else's name and surname on your child,yes i have seen peeps called hiltler and i 'v also seen pple called adolf,jesus christ was a good man ,but pple are not called after him,although i'v seen jesus and i'v seen christ use as a name.have u seen anyone else called warren buffet even his own son cannot be called without being put junior at d end.

i thikyour mis understanding here. nameing your child after him or anyoneelse doesnt mean that the child doesnthave your sirname. as in adolf or hitler as a first name and then your sirname. someone says adolf what do you think of. ww2 germnay or adolf meet tenerisor and seasoning powder? hello hitler of course.
Re: Can You Name Your Son Adolf Hitler ? by Adeniki(f): 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
Coincidentally, I was having exactly this conversation with a friend last night. I have a friend whose name is Dylan Thomas (whose namesake was a British poet), and even this can cause problems, such as phoning companies etc, and giving your name as Dylan Thomas (they often hung up!). I agree with Eyoiba, you should define your name, not allow your name, or what other people may think of your name, to define you. But calling your child Adolf, Hitler, Mussolini or any other inflammatory person's name is setting them up for difficulties at least, later in life.

(1) (Reply)

Iwulo Moringa Fun Agoara Wa / Ònkà - The ABC Of Yorùbá Numerals / PHOTOS: See The Inside Of The New Ooni Of Ife Palace.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.