Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Kangaroos And Emus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kangaroos And Emus (370 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kangaroos And Emus by VLadipo: 9:02am On Jun 02, 2016
READ:
Philippians 3:12-17

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
-Philippians 3:13-14

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 15-16
John 12:27-50

Two of Australia’s indigenous creatures, kangaroos and emus, have something in common – they seldom move backward. Kangaroos, because of the shape of their body and the length of their strong tail, can bounce along with forward movement, but they can shift easily into reverse. Emus can run fast on their strong legs, but the joints in their knees seem to make backward movement difficult. Both animals appear on Australia’s coat of arms as a symbol that the nation is to be ever moving forward and making progress.
The apostle Paul called for a similar approach to the life of faith in his letter to the Philippians: “Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those which are ahead, I press towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (3:13-14).
While it is wise to learn from the past, we shouldn’t live in the past. We cannot redo or undo the past, but by God’s grace, we can press forward and serve God faithfully today and in the future. The life of faith is a journey forward as we become like Christ. – Bill Crowder
I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I’m onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.” – Oatman

I will go anywhere – provided it is forward.

Culled from Our Daily Bread daily devotional for June 1, 2016 by RBC ministries.

Please visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com everyday to read a daily devotional

(1) (Reply)

Four Sets Of People Who Are Planning For Ramadan. / It Is Forever. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 10/06/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.