Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive (1437 Views)

Ahmad Idris Kareka Graduates With 1st Class From Shenyang University Technology / Nigerian Man Who Wrote JAMB 7 Times Tells His Story / Kenneth Okwor, 24-Year-Old 1st Class Law Graduate Who Is Already A Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by EdifiedCEO: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2016
Haruspice' Musings shared this touching story of a first class graduate whom he found being beaten up by two men at Area 1 park, Abuja. Read below...

"I have been feeling sore since yesterday following a heart-breaking scene I witnessed at the popular Area 1 Park. Struggling to stop rains of punches on his face was a young guy in his 30s. He was being mercilessly mobbed by two other guys who were cursing, using all sorts of obscenities.

I don't want moved me sha, but I had to alight from my car in rescue of this guy. I managed to stop the guys from their vicious dexterities on this guy but not without getting a slight scratch on my left ear. In between shoving, I managed to push this guy into my car as I drove away to a distant into safety. I could hear the guys shouting after us, threatening to end his life if he dares return to join them. Distant away to safety, I asked the visibly shaken guy what the problem was and thus went into a heart shattering narrative that left me perpetually sore.

"My brother, what you just witnessed was one of the trials of life oh. Sitting with you here is a first class graduate of the University of Greenwich, London, UK. (September, 2011 – July, 2014) BSc (Hons.) Business Information Systems. I am jobless and stranded. I came into Abuja yesterday for an interview; I finished the interview and ran out of cash. Because I didn't want to be seen as a beggar, I decided to join this guys calling for passengers. In three hours, I made N800. So I decided to gather at least N2000 that can take me back to Lagos. That was when these guys pounced on me, demanding that I register as a union member with N5000. I told them my predicament but they insisted of taking my phone."

"My name is Abimbola Kareem, married with two kids from Lagos state. Im not just a first class product oh but a proficient person. I am highly dedicated Business Systems Analyst with working knowledge of Business Intelligence, Web and Information Systems development and general products marketing. My understanding of system analysis got me the scholarship from the NNPC to study abroad. My brother, I came back and still can't get a job oh."

He saw the tears in my eyes and he too joined in the cry. It was an emotional time for me. In my car is a total stranger pouring out his heart to me. I stopped my tears and decided to give him hope. I could see hunger in him but he swore he wasn't hungry. With the little stipends on me, I drove him to Jabi Park and he boarded a vehicle going to Lagos.

We exchanged numbers and I left him more shattered. This morning, He called me to show his appreciation and his wife also prayed for me. I asked that he send his CV, which he eventually sent this evening. As I type this, I have his very rich CV with me.

I don't know where to take it to but I have this strong feeling that if I share this story here, someone somewhere may help somehow. We can't afford to waste such a product. Share this story as far as possible until someone employs Abimbola. He can be reached via : abimbola_kareem@hotmail.com | Mobile: +2348114493670 | +447550307400.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/photos-1st-class-graduate-tells-his.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by Ebbunwa(m): 11:31am On Jun 02, 2016
pathetic
Re: PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by Benjom(m): 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Quite unfortunate and painful.
Re: PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by Mrjo(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
Naija my contry
Re: PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hmmm.......1st Class graduate of a UK university,Scholarship from NNPC?,why dont I belive this story?.I wish him the best sha....
Re: PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by Schwartz: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
Hmmm.......1st Class graduate of a UK university,Scholarship from NNPC?,why dont I belive this story?.I wish him the best sha....
I believe it very well o. I personally know about 2 UK Master's holder who have returned back to Nigeria and have been roaming around looking for jobs. One is a Lawyer!
Re: PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Schwartz:

I believe it very well o. I personally know about 2 UK Master's holder who have returned back to Nigeria and have been roaming around looking for jobs. One is a Lawyer!

Really,Nigeria don spoil b dat.God help us.
Re: PHOTOS: 1st Class Graduate Tells His Story Of How He Did 'agbero' To Survive by g8662: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2016
Now you don’t need to go to UK anymore to earn a UK University’s degree, now you can now you get a Warwick university Master degree in Eastern Mediterranean University. I would personally suggest you to come to Cyprus if you don’t have enough funds to live in the UK because of the high cost of living, you can be studying in Eastern Mediterranean University and yet have a certificate of one the top 6 universities in the UK.
The Warwick Manufacturing group (WMG) approaches not only training but high education, to unveil the understanding of the bigger picture and encourage students and executive to bring about new reasoning students have the opportunity to work directly with WMG leading researchers and learn from experienced tutors, which provides a progressive way to those wishing to establish a career in academics or in engineering, manufacturing or technology-led commercial organizations.

Eastern Mediterranean University is an official overseas center for the Warwick University WMG MSc courses, right now engineering in business management, logistics management and supply chain are run by the center in EMU, the students are fully registered as Warwick WMGs students and are awarded exactly the same degree as a student in the UK they can also take two modules in the UK with no further tuition charge.

If you think that you can’t make for the UK then come to North Cyprus and get a degree of one of the most respected university in Europe and enhance your future career.

There are merit-based and location-based scholarships available for bachelor, masters and PhD students. The higher your grades, the better your chances of winning a merit-based scholarship; the location-based scholarship is independent of your academic grades; it is based on your country. See the list here -- http://cyprusuni.com/full-scholarship-to-study-abroad-in-cyprus-category-for-100-scholarship/

Admission and Scholarship applications are free.

*IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other.
* SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
* SCHOOL FEES IS PAID PER SEMESTER
* ACCESS / OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
* EXCHANGE PROGRAMME AVAILABLE

See the list of degree course programs, admission requirements, application processes, scholarship, tuition fees, accommodations, living expenses, visa, flight, airport pickup and many more.... http://cyprusuni.com/top-ranking-universities-in-north-cyprus/

.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................
Announcement from the CyprusUni.com, the sponsors of this post

If you have any questions and enquiries please ask them here... http://cyprusuni.com/contact-us/

Are you looking to:

Study in top-ranking universities in Europe?
Win overseas scholarship to study abroad in Europe?
Prestigious, affordable universities in Europe?
Quality undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs?
Study in multi-cultural environment?
Admission to affordable bachelor/undergraduate, master or Phd abroad?
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/JAMB – No SAT/GRE/GMAT, Not Required
IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other - Accepted.
and many more.

Then apply to study at top ranking european universities with scholarship ... http://cyprusuni.com/how-to-apply-for-admission-scholarships-for-international-students-and-cyprusuni-affiliate-program/

Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Cyprus International University (CIU), Near East University (NEU)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Federal Government Scraps NYSC / Post Utme Screening News(the Lates) / Airtel Cheap Data Plan Subscription Codes And Other Useful Codes..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.