Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,953 members, 7,810,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/16 (779 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/01/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/16 by dallyemmy: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL ...

DATE : FRIDAY 3 JUNE 2016

THEME : CHILD OF DESTINY

Memorise

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Mathew 1:21

Read : Jeremiah 1:4-5

4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Before the earthly existence of Jesus Christ on the New Testament, His destiny had been foretold. Do you also believe that according to the Word of God, before you were formed in your mothers belly, the Lord knew you? Do you really believe that before your physical existence on the face of the earth, the Lord has ordained you for His purpose? If you believe this, then I Congratulate you. With this assurance, you can be confident of the fact that you are not an ordinary person; you are a child of destiny. God had a plan for you and it is a good plan. The most important thing you need to do is to find out what you must do to secure this glorious destiny in Christ Jesus. I have illustrated this several times through the story of two friends who decided to seek the help of an oracle to know what lay in the future for them. As for the first one, after due consultation with the oracle, he was assured that he would be a future monarch who would rule over a kingdom. His friend, however, was told that he would die a servant. Upon returning from the oracle, the one who had been told he would become a long decided to remain passive and crossed his legs, waiting for the day of coronation. The one who had been destined to be a servant encouraged himself by saying at least I can be useful to myself. He went deep into the bush, far out of the town and began to farm on a large piece of land there. After several years, there was a heavy famine in the land. When the people discovered that there was someone somewhere in the wilderness who had a large farm to feed the entire community, they decided to make him their king as long as their feeding was guaranteed. The other man who was day dreaming and waiting for his coronation eventually became the servant. Even the wisest King ever said, "There is an evil which I have see upon the earth. I have seen princes walking and servants riding upon horses.

There is s part to play if you just arrive at the plan of God for your life. Moses, as a child of destiny, was destined to be a deliverer fro the children of Isreal. He had the full backing of the Almighty God and he remained supernaturally in command. Jesus Christ had a mandate to save the world, and He fully achieved that mandate from you. You also have a glorious destiny in Christ Jesus, and you must protect it and never allow anything to steal.

The Christian life is that if continuous warfare. We are at war against Satan and he is trying all be can to take us down. You must resist him and not faint on your spirit. We must ask for wisdom from God so that we can put the devil where he belongs( under our feet ). Be prayerful and continue to dwell on the Word of God at all times.

Key Point :

Every Child of destiny runs away from all appearances of evil.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : 2 Chronicles 18:1-20:23 and Ecclesiastes 2:1-8

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 12: MY HOPE IS BUILD ON NOTHING LESS

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

Chorus:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Chorus:

3. His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

Chorus:

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Chorus.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/16 by RoyalBlak007: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
God bless you

mightily

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/16 by woijech13: 4:14am On Jun 03, 2016
up lifting. thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/16 by dallyemmy: 4:18am On Jun 03, 2016
The Christian life is that if continuous warfare. We are at war against Satan and he is trying all be can to take us down. You must resist him and not faint on your spirit. We must ask for wisdom from God so that we can put the devil where he belongs( under our feet ). Be prayerful and continue to dwell on the Word of God at all times.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Some Interesting Facts About The Bible. / Question For Atheists / Genesis 1:28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.