Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence (1042 Views)

Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence / Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty To Tax Fraud- Suspended Two-year Prison Sentence / Chealsea And The Teams Messi Has Never Scored Against (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
Although Lionel Messi has denied knowledge of any wrongdoing while testifying in a tax case at the Eighth Court of Barcelona, he has reportedly ben sentenced to two years in prison.
Messi and his father, Jorge, have been charged with three counts of tax fraud worth €4.1million, dating back to a period from 2007 to 2009.Proceedings began on Tuesday but the Barcelona forward arrived to testify in person on Thursday, just four days before he is due to represent Argentina in the Copa America Centenario in the United States.
The 28-year-old denied knowledge of any fraudulent activities, stating that football was his only focus.
"I never asked my dad about these things," Messi is quoted as telling the court by AS.
"The truth is that, as I said before, I trusted him and the lawyers. I didn't know anything about it, I just played football."When questioned about the existence of a company called Jenbril, registered in Uruguay to handle payments relating to his image rights, Messi said: "I didn't know I was a member and manager of this company, I signed it because he [Jorge Messi] said so and I trusted him and the lawyers.
"All I knew was that I was signing a deal with sponsors to do adverts, photo shoots and things like that.
"I remember we went to a notary but I was 18 when I signed it and as you can imagine, I was in a different world. I don't remember anything about it."
Jorge Messi repeatedly told the court his son "knew nothing about it".

http://pulse.ng/sports/football/lionel-messi-barcelona-forward-reportedly-sentenced-to-prison-id5106062.html

Re: Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence by hemartins(m): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
You can lie

1 Like

Re: Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence by coolebux(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lai Moha grin
€4.1million for what? What did he buy?
Re: Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence by agadam(m): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Pay the money and get freedom.... 28 + 22 =50.... those peoples no like you ooo
Re: Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence by Flexherbal(m): 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
Could this be true?
Re: Breaking News - Lionel Messi Has Been Given A 2 Year Prison Sentence by GogetterMD(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
Op, your new name should be Olietan Oliewola

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Best Player Shortlist / Here Is Everything You Need To Know About Chelsea New Signing, Alvaro Morata / League Management Suspends Rangers FC Boss, Chukwu, Over Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.