Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,313 members, 7,846,383 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

A UK Chef Who Won £4m In Lottery Returns To Finish Kitchen Shift - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A UK Chef Who Won £4m In Lottery Returns To Finish Kitchen Shift (886 Views)

Npower Teach Assessment Test Shift To August 9 / All About NDDC Training Of Graduates In Lottery Business: How To Apply And Print / Apply For Nddc Training In Lottery Business For Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A UK Chef Who Won £4m In Lottery Returns To Finish Kitchen Shift by palserltd: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
A pub worker who landed £4m on a lottery scratchcard went straight back to finish his shift in the kitchen and kept quiet about it.

Amadou Gillen, 46, bought two scratchcards during a break from work in Trowbridge, Wiltshire.

On the first card – scratched in the staff area – he won £10 and the second made him a millionaire.

The father-of-two, who works for Wetherspoon in the town, said he was “screaming and dancing inside”.

“I think my shift finished at 11.30pm or midnight, so it was almost four hours that I kept it quiet,” he added.

‘Never bought a car’

It was not until the following week that the kitchen manager told his daughters, aged 20 and 22.

Speaking during a National Lottery news conference, he said he had booked a trip to the Gambia – where he was born – to visit family and was looking to change his rented one-bedroom flat for a four-bedroom house.

He received the money on Tuesday and is now planning to complete his driving test and buy his first car.

“I have never started lessons. I have had my provisional driving licence since 2009 but I have never been able to afford to have a car or lessons,” he said.

“At the moment I just want to get a simple Peugeot and then I will get a BMW X6. I want to start an intensive course by next week.”

Mr Gillen has worked at the pub for five years following an apprenticeship with McDonald’s.

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/574/a-uk-chef-who-won-4m-in-lottery-returns-to-finish-kitchen-sh

2 Likes

Re: A UK Chef Who Won £4m In Lottery Returns To Finish Kitchen Shift by emmanuelbrown26: 8:44am On Jun 03, 2016
Chai chaiiiii Chineke God, baba pls pick up my calss, na beg i dey beg abeggggg
Re: A UK Chef Who Won £4m In Lottery Returns To Finish Kitchen Shift by palserltd: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
Chai chaiiiii Chineke God, baba pls pick up my calss, na beg i dey beg abeggggg
Amen oh!
Re: A UK Chef Who Won £4m In Lottery Returns To Finish Kitchen Shift by emmanuelbrown26: 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
palserltd:

Amen oh!
hv u seen dat wealth cometh from God. No matter how u hustled and strugled, just a second call wit God u are a made man. If a chef could win 4m pounds dat means their is hope for we struglers

2 Likes

Re: A UK Chef Who Won £4m In Lottery Returns To Finish Kitchen Shift by palserltd: 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:

hv u seen dat wealth cometh from God. No matter how u hustled and strugled, just a second call wit God u are a made man. If a chef could win 4m pounds dat means their is hope for we struglers

It's God. We pray God answer us too with this kind in His own way o

(1) (Reply)

JOB: Be A Forum Moderator (with Benefits) / Apply For The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund / How Many Of Us Got This,,, I Just Hope Its Real From Bp Solutions (UAC Recruitme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.