Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

My Issue With Tecno L5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Issue With Tecno L5 (3564 Views)

Tecno To Launch Spark Series, Starting With Tecno Spark Telephone / 24 Hours With Tecno's Latest Tablet. / My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 6:54am On Jun 03, 2016
pls help, my new tecno L5 is messing up. My most recent google search on my previous phone (NOKIA C1) was about tecno L5. When I bought the L5, I transfered the sim (airtel) to it. Now, each time I launch an application e.g chatting on facebook or whatsapp on my L5, it closes on me and return to home screen. In most cases, it will pop up the old google search I did with the nokia phone. I'll have to press the power button, unlock my pattern and and re-launch the appliciton. I really don't feel good with it. Pls, what should I do? N/b. The phone is only a week old and I have an up-to-date AVG antivirus. I don't open too many apps at a time and the phone is not rooted. CC. Mencoronalda, hismail1, Pressea, Promking, trueking, Ndissle, fellow nairalanders, Pls help a brother. Thanks.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2016
Od.e. U sef sha wan open thread abt fone wey u never see before.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 7:26am On Jun 03, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:
Od.e. U sef sha wan open thread abt fone wey u never see before.
thanks.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 7:43am On Jun 03, 2016
pop up screen.

Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by trueking: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Edipee:
thanks.
Do a factory data reset, update the google app, and then install and use your apps one after the other without the antivirus, or any NQ application, I think one of your apps may be the culprit, let me know the outcome.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 8:48am On Jun 03, 2016
trueking:

Do a factory data reset, update the google app, and then install and use your apps one after the other without the antivirus, or any NQ application, I think one of your apps may be the culprit, let me know the outcome.
thanks bro, I'll get back to you.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
trueking:

Thanks bro, I've done that and for six hours now, it hasn't popped up. I hope it's settled for good.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Carlcaresophia: 10:35am On Jun 07, 2016
Edipee:
pls hels, my new tecno L5 is messing up. My most recent google search on my previous phone (NOKIA C1) was about tecno L5. When I bought the L5, I transfered the sim (airtel) to it. Now, each time I launch an application e.g chatting on facebook or whatsapp on my L5, it closes on me and return to home screen. In most cases, it will pop up the old google search I did with the nokia phone. I'll have to press the power button, unlock my pattern and and re-launch the appliciton. I really don't feel good with it. Pls, what should I do? N/b. The phone is only a week old and I have an up-to-date AVG antivirus. I don't open too many apps at a time and the phone is not rooted. CC. Mencoronalda, hismail1, Pressea, Promking, trueking, Ndissle, fellow nairalanders, Pls help a brother. Thanks.
Hello Edipee!As for the problem you mentioned ,you can try to restore factory settings, but remember to back up important files. If the problem still exists, you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the country and city you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2016
thanks for your response. I'm in Nsukka , Enugu state, Nigeria. The problem persist even after factory reset. How can I locate your office here?
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
Carlcaresophia:

Hello Edipee!As for the problem you mentioned ,you can try to restore factory settings, but remember to back up important files. If the problem still exists, you can try to take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our colleagues there will try to help you with your phone problem. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the country and city you are living in now. Thank you!
please, respond.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Carlcaresophia: 8:49am On Jun 12, 2016
Edipee:
thanks for your response. I'm in Nsukka , Enugu state, Nigeria. The problem persist even after factory reset. How can I locate your office here?
Hello Edipee, we do not have Carlcare Service Center in Enugu now, but you can sent it to our collecting point there. Below please find contact info. Thank you!
GI Excel Phones, upstaires Ogbete Main Market, Enugu, Nigeria +2348173083609

In case you may need it, below please find contact info of our Carlcare Service Centers in Nigeria.
1st Floor, No.77 Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +23480022752273/08138615848
2nd Floor, Digital Square, No.20 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria +2349036003533
No 55,kofo, abayomi avenue, apapa, Lagos State, Nigeria +2348091339530
Ground and 1st Floor, No.1205 Ahmodu Ojikutu Street, off Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria +2348066153123/9039209279
1st Floor,NO.16 Gwani Street(near King's Care Hospital), off IBB Way, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. +2348181176195
1st Floor, 44B New Market Rd, Onitsha, Anambra, Nigeria +2348177250277
2nd Floor, No.17 Rumuobikani, Trans-amadi Rd, Part-Harcourt,River,Nigeria +2348181700046/8181700074
1st Floor,NO.32 Beirut Rd, Kano Contact, Kano,Nigeria +2348096969680
3rd Floor, G5/F6 Ya Ahmed House, Ahmed Bello Way, Kaduna, Kaduna, Nigeria +2349095724673
No.5-7, Isekhere Street, Off Ibewe Rd, Ring Rd, Benin City, Edo, Nigeria +2348172951002
3rd Floor, Isolak Building,Queen Elizabeth Rd,Ibadan, Oyo, Nigeria +2348172005296
2nd Floor,Ostrich Bakery Building, 155 Ibrahim Taiwo Rd,Ilorin,Kwara, Nigeria +2349092961418
Ground Floor, No.20 Mbonu Ojike street, Ikenegbu, Owerri, Imo, Nigeria +2349081941110/9081941111
Rm 2, NO.39 ABDULAHI FODIO Road, Block 2, Sokoto, Sokoto, Nigeria +2348036612047
1st floor, No.192 Azikiwe Road, Aba, Abia, Nigeria +2348022914100/8097597033
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Dudecollins(m): 6:05am On Jul 25, 2016
Edipee:
I ve bin having the same issue. Were u able to find a solution?
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by bobo65(m): 6:23am On Jul 25, 2016
It's a default / factory tecno problem

Any heavy user of new tecno 1gb ram phone should be experiencing this

It's worst on camon c8

Its Multitasking issue

The best solution is a custom rom

Tecno is just too stoopid to solve their problems, they are busy making other new problematic phones

If u wanna get a new tecno product, go for a 2gb ram device or an old tecno 1gb ram device like m6 m7 phantom Z r7 etc, L series and c series are prone to this issues
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2016
Dudecollins:

I ve bin having the same issue. Were u able to find a solution?
No bro, even after flashing the phone . Have you done anything? pls just keep me posted.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 7:26am On Jul 25, 2016
bobo65:
It's a default / factory tecno problem

Any heavy user of new tecno 1gb ram phone should be experiencing this

It's worst on camon c8

Its Multitasking issue

The best solution is a custom rom

Tecno is just too stoopid to solve their problems, they are busy making other new problematic phones

If u wanna get a new tecno product, go for a 2gb ram device or an old tecno 1gb ram device like m6 m7 phantom Z r7 etc, L series and c series are prone to this issues
Thanks for your response, bro. I believe by 'custom rom' you mean flashing the phone which I've done that. Could rooting the phone help? what else would you suggest?
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 7:35am On Jul 25, 2016
trueking:

Hello bro, I'm still having the issue even after flashing the phone.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by bobo65(m): 7:44am On Jul 25, 2016
Edipee:
Thanks for your response, bro. I believe by 'custom rom' you mean flashing the phone which I've done that. Could rooting the phone help? what else would you suggest?

Custom rom means customized roms

Android developers make modified versions of stock roms to improve the phones performance

U must be rooted before u can install custom roms

Rooting won't help without u flashing a custom rom

I'm managing my C8 cos I don't blv in customizing mtk devices cos they are delicate devices, tho iv never owned a samsung device that isn't customized
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 8:25am On Jul 25, 2016
bobo65:

Custom rom means customized roms

Android developers make modified versions of stock roms to improve the phones performance

U must be rooted before u can install custom roms

Rooting won't help without u flashing a custom rom

I'm managing my C8 cos I don't blv in customizing mtk devices cos they are delicate devices, tho iv never owned a samsung device that isn't customized
thanks bro, so what I'll do is to root the phone and flash again.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by AdeOluwaTomiwa(m): 9:10am On Jul 25, 2016
if you can root it just do it or take it to an engineer so you wont hard brick it by yourself
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
AdeOluwaTomiwa:
if you can root it just do it or take it to an engineer so you wont hard brick it by yourself
Ok. Thanks
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by AdeOluwaTomiwa(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2016
you are welcome bro,hope u working on it already
Edipee:
Ok. Thanks
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
I'll soon do something about it, thanks for caring
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by gentlegenius(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
Edipee:
I'll soon do something about it, thanks for caring

Rooting a TECNO L5 is quite easy. I did it myself even though I'm not a Tech guru. All you need is to download the latest version of Kingroot. It will root your phone with just a click. Download root checker to verify your root status.
After verification, download TECNO L5 TWRP(by hovateck), download Flashify app and use it to flash the TWRP. Then your phone will be set for custom ROM installation. If you become confused at any stage, Google is your friend.
I assure you that you'll enjoy a lot more in your L5 while using a custom ROM.

1 Like

Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
gentlegenius:

Rooting a TECNO L5 is quite easy. I did it myself even though I'm not a Tech guru. All you need is to download the latest version of Kingroot. It will root your phone with just a click. Download root checker to verify your root status.
After verification, download TECNO L5 TWRP(by hovateck), download Flashify app and use it to flash the TWRP. Then your phone will be set for custom ROM installation. If you become confused at any stage, Google is your friend.
I assure you that you'll enjoy a lot more in your L5 while using a custom ROM.
thanks bro, I'll do it when I get to town. I'm in a village community now.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Bari22: 6:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Edipee:
thanks bro, I'll do it when I get to town. I'm in a village community now.
Please i have the same issue i hope the rooting has helped
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 10:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
Bari22:
Please i have the same issue i hope the rooting has helped
I didn't root my phone, but the issue later stopped with time.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Bari22: 10:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
Edipee:
I didn't root my phone, but the issue latter stopped with time.
That means i have to wait without doing nothing?
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Ennyholar: 10:32am On Jul 06, 2017
Do a factory reset
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Prudent200: 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
Edipee:
pls help, my new tecno L5 is messing up. My most recent google search on my previous phone (NOKIA C1) was about tecno L5. When I bought the L5, I transfered the sim (airtel) to it. Now, each time I launch an application e.g chatting on facebook or whatsapp on my L5, it closes on me and return to home screen. In most cases, it will pop up the old google search I did with the nokia phone. I'll have to press the power button, unlock my pattern and and re-launch the appliciton. I really don't feel good with it. Pls, what should I do? N/b. The phone is only a week old and I have an up-to-date AVG antivirus. I don't open too many apps at a time and the phone is not rooted. CC. Mencoronalda, hismail1, Pressea, Promking, trueking, Ndissle, fellow nairalanders, Pls help a brother. Thanks.
please how good is tecno L5 camera
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by trueking: 7:12am On Jul 08, 2017
Prudent200:
To be honest, its not good enough.
Re: My Issue With Tecno L5 by Edipee(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
Prudent200:
Not very decent; just average.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno L8 Plus Screen / Unlock 9mobile Zte Mf910+ And Mf910 Modem / Nigerians Rush Starlink As Price Slashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.