Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,392 members, 7,819,404 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

It Courses Simplified - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / It Courses Simplified (796 Views)

Between Indian And Asian Countries,which Offers IT Courses Better / What Ict Courses Or Areas Are Relevant In Nigeria. Somebody Said Java Me. Never / It Courses Relevant To Electrical Engineering. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Courses Simplified by elderbros(m): 7:18am On Aug 25, 2009
Please I need someone to explain what these IT courses are: J2EE, XML, PHP, C#, ASP.NET, Linux, Oracle, MySqL, etc I want to understand what these courses are and possibly which one to start with.
Re: It Courses Simplified by femu(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
J2EE- is an advanced aspect of Java programming and encompasses web and networking technologies-its a no go area for a beginner

XML-is a simple language, similar to HTML but its used for describing and storing data.Every programmer, Web designer must know it.-good for a beginner

ASP.NET/PHP-any of these programming languages can be used for building web applications.PHP will be better for a beginner 2 learn because you can get free tools like Netbeans IDE and FirePHP to assist you.

C#- is a .NET programming language.its easy 2 learn and can be used for creating both Mobile, web and desktop applications.It however comes at a great price since u will have 2 pay for the best tool(Visual Studio Professional) 2 use it.C# is a lot like Java which has free tools(Netbeans IDE)

LINUX-is a FREE operating system like Windows, Solaris or 0SX .if u av heared of Ubuntu or Fedora those are Linux variants.Its good to learn Linux as it is preferred by big companies and catching on with everyone.

ORACLE: Oracle is d name of a big IT company with a lot of popular products such as Oracle Database, jDeveloper e.t.c. Oracle also recently bought Sun Microsystems owners of Java Technology.However i am sure ur refering to Oracle database which is also good 4u 2 learn, but u av 2 look @ d job prospects.In order to appreciate working wth a database it might be betta 4u 2 learn Programming and/or Data Analysis with it.

MySQL- also d name of a company but i am sure your refering to the database:MySQL Server.This is arguably one of the most popular database in the world.Used by most web hosts its every developers darling. Unlike Oracle it will not stress ur systems memory.

Your choice should be based strictly on your interests and industry relevance not what anyone feels is good for u. If you need further assistance on mastering any of these technologies you can call me on 08034209301 or femu_2001@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good Institute In Naija / Do You Want To Learn Video Editing? / Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.