Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport (1534 Views)

Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by eluquenson(m): 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
VERY IMPORTANT info regarding the Nigerian Passport. We recall that PMB recently sent the CG of NIS to the "coolers" & appointed a new one.

Babandede the new CG of NIS says he has instructed state commands to decentralize & reissue lost passport
& change of names. Gone are the days of travelling to Abuja, particularly newly married women who used to travel there for change of names.

Approval for replacement of lost passports shall henceforth be given by state comptrollers after online
vetting and processing of application at the Passport Division in the Service’s headquarters.

The 64 page e-passport costs N20,000, 32 page costs N15,000 (18-60yrs) while those below 18yrs and above 60 years cost N8, 750.

The official fees/categories of passports will henceforth be displayed at various passport offices to ensure transparency.

Nigerians are urged to insist on paying the official fees at the designated passport offices or pay online at the official immigration website to avoid exploitation by touts and agents.

Additional passport offices to be opened in state commands where the existing passport office is getting
overwhelmed with demand to ensure efficient service delivery.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/immigration-personnel-extort-money-from-displaced-persons--cg/149250.html

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/06/read-this-important-info-regarding.html?m=1

Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by delishpot: 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
Very informative.
Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by SUJYDEE(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
This is great.... What a relief!
Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by ugsams(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Let's hope this will be fully implemented
Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by boja28(m): 4:05am On Jun 05, 2016
Even if it is implemented, those immigration officers won't let it work, they are thieves they are the ones extorting the masses. These are many of the reasons why nigeria can't work at all!

1 Like

Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by victoriousme(m): 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
Good news, they should also make plans to start re-issuing lost, stolen or damaged passports abroad.

1 Like

Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by Flexherbal(m): 7:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
Good news!
Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by buttercop(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
Yay!!! Thank God I didn't rush to get mine replaced. Lost mine and was told I could get a replacement only in Abuja for #40,000. This is good new indeed.
Re: Important Info Regarding Nigerian Passport by hadaydoyin(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
buttercop:
Yay!!! Thank God I didn't rush to get mine replaced. Lost mine and was told I could get a replacement only in Abuja for #40,000. This is good new indeed.

Bro.please can i get the contact of the person than help can get a replacment in abuja 4 #40.000.

(1) (Reply)

TIPS FOR FIRST TIMERS IN OSOGBO, OSUN STATE / Study And Livein South Cyprus. / List Of Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.