Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

OBA EREDIAUWA FUNERAL: Do Not Cook With Fire June 5th - Benin Residents - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OBA EREDIAUWA FUNERAL: Do Not Cook With Fire June 5th - Benin Residents (555 Views)

Don’t Cook With Fire On Sunday, Benin Residents Are Told / Joy Akabuike (Ada) Is Dead, See Photos Of Preparation For Her Funeral (photos) / Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OBA EREDIAUWA FUNERAL: Do Not Cook With Fire June 5th - Benin Residents by Lescalier: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
The Benin Traditional Council has instructed residents not to cook with fire on Sunday, June 5, as part of activities for continuation of the 15 days funeral rites for late Monarch, Oba Erediauwa. The instruction is contained in a statement issued by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council, Mr Frank Irabor, made available on Friday in Benin. Irabor stated that Sunday would be the day of Edenagberen-Mwiwu in the royal funeral rites programme and as such, there would be no cooking with fire, in accordance with Benin customs and tradition. He then called on Benin indigenes and non-indigenes in the kingdom to observe the Igberimwin rite. (NAN)

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/oba-erediauwa-funeral-rites-council-instructs-residents-not-cook-fire-sunday/
Re: OBA EREDIAUWA FUNERAL: Do Not Cook With Fire June 5th - Benin Residents by alexrotimi123: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
Can you people tell me why not cooking with fire, I should cook with what and after all if I cook with fire what is going to happen. Africa people with there yeye traditional. That is why we can't move forward. Since I was in Europe I never see a tradition that will make life miserable for others, African please trying to civilze.

(1) (Reply)

Miya Alert Sender (bizbooster 10.0 Free Version) For Bulk SMS Sending, Has Anyon / Lagos State Government Sets Up Task Force To Tackle Land Grabbers / From Maiduguri To Oxford!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.