Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? (4936 Views)

JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points / Check How To Calculate Your 2016/17 UTME Screening Score / First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by PigMeat: 1:34am On Jun 04, 2016
hello! Please, i am a student of benue state polytecnic, can anyone help tutor me on how to calculate GP in polytecnic? What effect and difference does 80 and 90 have in calculating GP since they said 70-100 marks are considered A?
Lalasticlala et all the mods, help me please!
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by SmartMugu: 2:12am On Jun 04, 2016
Use MS Excel. Just insert your scores after creating a sheet with the logics behind the calculations. Pretty easy.
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by olumide81(m): 2:13am On Jun 04, 2016
Check your hand book, we can only help if you can post a detailed analysis of what you scored in a each course and the units.
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by emmyw(m): 3:14am On Jun 04, 2016
PigMeat:
hello! Please, i am a student of benue state polytecnic, can anyone help tutor me on how to calculate GP in polytecnic? What effect and difference does 80 and 90 have in calculating GP since they said 70-100 marks are considered A?
See How You Can Do That Here»»»»» http://www.ngschoolz.com/how-to-calculate-grade-points-average-gpa-and-cgpa-in-nigerian-polytechnics/
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by Donemmy(m): 4:49am On Jun 04, 2016
PigMeat:
For easy understanding, I will send u a for b4 9am
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by OPEYEMIAD(m): 6:26am On Jun 04, 2016
please study the image below carefully.

One image show your score point and the exam score, for instance if you score between 80 - 100 after adding your exam, test and attendance, your point is 4.0. if you score between 10 - 19 your point is 0.5 and so on like that.

The second table shows 9 courses offered in computer science with their respective credit unit. e.g Com 101 is 2 unit course and so on. The score(100) is the total score after adding your exam and test of a particular course.
The point is what you have from the first table(refer to table 1). The T.point is when you multiply point and unit together. I.e 3.0 * 2 = 6, 2.5 * 3 = 7.5 and so on.

when you add T.point together you get 58.5
when you add unit together you get 20
divide 58.5 by 20 you get 2.925 app. 2.93

Your G.P for that Semester is 2.93

don't mind my grammar, I hope I made some sense

Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by Donemmy(m): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2016
Most poly cal CGPA on 4point scale & a good example is what my fellow scholar posted above," A" started frm 80 not 70 but if based on 5points (uni) A started frm 71%.
On 5point scale check t sample below.
Scholars in the house hop I m on point?
Sorry I initially upload wrong pix

Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by Donemmy(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2016
Pls ignore the neco result I mistakenly posted & study the CGPA sample. Tnx
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by PigMeat: 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
OPEYEMIAD:

One image show your score point and the exam score, for instance if you score between 80 - 100 after adding your exam, test and attendance, your point is 4.0. if you score between 10 - 19 your point is 0.5 and so on like that.

The second table shows 9 courses offered in computer science with their respective credit unit. e.g Com 101 is 2 unit course and so on. The score(100) is the total score after adding your exam and test of a particular course.
The point is what you have from the first table(refer to table 1). The T.point is when you multiply point and unit together. I.e 3.0 * 2 = 6, 2.5 * 3 = 7.5 and so on.

i love how u analysed it bro. Thank u.
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by PigMeat: 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
OPEYEMIAD:

are u a benpolite?
Re: Help! How Do I Calculate My GP From My Examination Scores? by OPEYEMIAD(m): 11:55am On Jun 05, 2016
PigMeat:
are u a benpolite?
Na na na Proudly Fedponas Alumnite

(1) (Reply)

Attacus Atlas, The Moth that Disguises Itself As A Snake (photos) / See What University Of Liverpool Put In Their School Premisis / See What JAMB Did To This Nairalander PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.