Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 (46438 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Horus(m): 10:51am On Jun 04, 2016
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Horus(m): 11:04am On Jun 04, 2016
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by xxxzotique(f): 11:05am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP ALI

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by ronald4lif(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP sir. You were a legend and will forever be remembered.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 11:17am On Jun 04, 2016
THE REAL LEGENDS OF THE BLACK RACE. Those who never sold drugs to fellow black man but motivated the black race. THEY SHOWED THE WORLD WE ARE THE CHOSEN RACE, DOMINATE IN SPORTS, POLITICS AND ENTERTAINMENT.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 11:25am On Jun 04, 2016
[b]Like many young black men born in 1990s I only read about THE GREAT ALI ON RING MAGAZINE AND SAW HIS FIGHTS ON SUPERSPORTS and other sports channels in S.A. All I can say he was a LEGEND AND THE BEST BOXER EVER. Today we have boring richer boxers. Again today the HEAVY WEIGHT DIVISION is the MOST BORING DIVISION THANKS TO OVERATED HEAVY WEIGHTS from Britain and eastern Europe.

British boxing is like the ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP or the ENGLISH NATIONAL TEAM. Overated nobodies who choke again the best in the world. in soccer we know SPAIN RULES EUROPEAN FOOTBALL AT CLUB LEVEL. Due to TV rights, sponsorships etc. theyr behind the poor overated EPL. WHERE COWS RUN AROUND LIKE HEADLESS CHICKENS. In Britain everything is about physical strength this mentality stems back from their past. One can't forget the Anglo-saxons who were dubbed by the ROMAN EMPIRE as the dumb physically strongmen. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I SALUTE ALL THESE BLACK LEGENDS WHO NEVER SOLD DRUGS TO BLACK AND SOLD OUT TO WHITE SUPREMACY. Fought the west in many ways. Today some parts of Africa worship billionaires are who WATCH DOGS OF WHITE INTERESTS IN THEIR COUNTRIES. PLEASE READ ABOUT "BRITISH AND FRENCH DIRECT AND INDIRECT CONTROL IN NEO COLONIAL AFRICA".[/b] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 11:35am On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
CASSIUS CLAY WAS THE BEST EVER IN THE WORLD. Today we have idiots who judge their success based on money Note: their wealth is kept in whitemens banks and theyr told you're worth this $$$$ and believe the whiteman

No wonder AFRICA is behind. STOP WORSHIPPING MONEY AND SUPPORT THOSE WHO FOUGHT FOR RIGHTS AND EQUALITY FOR THE HUMAN RACE. Money is a material thing. When DANGOTE and other WATCH DOGS no die one will notice and remember what they stood for and who they were. But the likes of ALI, MANDELA, TUPAC, MALCOLM X, CHE GUEVARA etc..won't be forgotten by 7 billion people in the world.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by echodrum(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:

There's nothing like a Christain heart! Even the bible confirms the heart of man is wicked. It takes the grace of God for one to be righteous.

There are good and bad people in every religion or race.
FYI: Heart has nothing to do with wickedness. rather the mind or better yet, your brain is the master minder of all Good and Evil.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2016
Am a Christian and will never fall into a trap of being a religious bigot like many socalled Christians that sell drugs, fake pastors and others. wHO USE RELIGION TO MAKE MONEY. Today they bragg about richest pastors and forget about those who were ROBBED BY these thugs who disguise under Christianity.

REAL CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS, BUDDISTS ETC.. ARE FLEXIBLE WHEN WE TALK ABOUT RELIGION. But FAKES who are fortune seekers are quick to label other religions.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by kevwemike: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Ebbunwa:
The legendary Muhammad Ali has gone to meet his ancestors , may his soul continue to RIP.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-16011175
Please help us appeal to Mrs . Funke Osibodu , she is the head of power holding company in UDU local government area of Delta state to please give us power. The whole of the LGA have been trown into total darkness for the past 2 month over a protest, a particular street called New York, carried out a protest over , over estimated bills, no power and NEPA keep bringing outrageous bill, during the protest one of the NEPA official slapped a married woman and it resulted to violent, since then Mrs. Funke Osibodu has vow to punished the whole local government for six months we are now in the 3rd month, to my amazement some companies around the vicinity such as WETLAND HOTEL, EMU BAKERY LTD AND FANTAZER FAST FOOD AND OTHERS went to bribery her and she restored power to those companies living the residential area black out, wen the elderly people in the community called her she will start insulting them, to the extent she said there is nothing the government can do to her, that she own the company. Please help us, she is using the sin of a street to punished the whole local government
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2016
THE LOUSVILLE MOTOR MOUTH WAS A GREATEST BOXER EVER. He came from the ghetto and became the best in the world. He admired the likes of Mandela, Luther King, Malcom X and was happy to meet his heroes while he was alive.

THE REAL BLACK MEN WHO REPRESENTED THE BLACK RACE WITH FLYING COLOURS. Never sold drugs to fellow black man and celebrated selling drugs to fellow human being.

THE GOOD FATHER, LEGEND, CIVIL RIGHTS FIGHER AND THE MAN WHO STOOD AGAINST WHITE SUPREMACY AND REFUSED TO FIGHT IN VIETNAM.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin The ghetto child who made his mark in the world. He never sucked any ones ass for money. angry angry angry angry grin grin grin shocked shocked HIS STORY REMINDS ME OF JESUS CRHIST. cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked he never lived for material objects like the FAKES of today.

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by cap28: 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP to the greatest of all time. A man who sacrificed everything and stood up to the white man at a time when doing so could get you killed. A man who epitomises courage, athletic prowess, loyalty to the black race, charisma,humanity, wisdom,physical black beauty I could go on and on. This is the end of an era a man who was man enough to go toe to toe with the system of white supremacy. A man who refused to fight in an unjust war in Vietnam on behalf of the criminal united snakes of America. Ali knew the white man wanted him dead at alll costs and made the now famous comment: "why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so called Negros in louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No im not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker peoples the world over."Ali you will remain a legend in the minds of all. A man who stood up to be counted when it mattered. A thorn in the flesh of white supremacy. I may be attacked by uncle toms but I believe that just like bob marley you were injected with something which caused the parkinsons.may you rest in perfect peace great one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Dante2008(m): 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
seacoast:
He died as a Muslim who has Christian heart (because he killed no one for seven virgins)...
u funny oooooo so u mean all the Muslim u know don killed people before na waaaa for thinking cap
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by busar(m): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:

E pain you? tongue

I have the right to express my joy and you also have the right to express your sadness and worry.

This is my own way of celebrating him and I do not see how my mention of Islam should create an entropy in your life.
lol @ entropy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Arclan07: 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
You have fought well may rest well ,RIP
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Shym3xx: 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:
I have seen the Spike Lee movie on Malcom & also a couple of his docs.. I ll check out the book..
Prophet Elijah Muhammed really influenced Ali... Of course we can't take that away, but you know how peeps here are quick to bring up religious sentiments on every issue.. I had to shut that Kleb up

Nice. You need to read that book and endeavour to read about Steve Biko as well.

I think the Elijah Muhammad thing came from Macolm X cos with the NOI doctrine - they always cite the teachings of Elijah Muhammad. But he converted to Islam after meeting Malcolm X and listening to him. Ditto Louis Farrakhan. He and Farrakhan joined NOI cos of Malcolm X.

Loool. Yes, I know. It had nothing to do with their own Islam - Nation of Islam's doctrine is different from traditional Arab Islam that they follow lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Shym3xx: 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
cap28:
RIP to the greatest of all time. A man who sacrificed everything and stood up to the white man at a time when doing so could get you killed. A man who epitomises courage, athletic prowess, loyalty to the black race, charisma,humanity, wisdom,physical black beauty I could go on and on. This is the end of an era a man who was man enough to go toe to toe with the system of white supremacy. A man who refused to fight in an unjust war in Vietnam on behalf of the criminal united snakes of America. Ali knew the white man wanted him dead at alll costs and made the now famous comment: "why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so called Negros in louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No im not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker peoples the world over."Ali you will remain a legend in the minds of all. A man who stood up to be counted when it mattered. A thorn in the flesh of white supremacy. I may be attacked by uncle toms but I believe that just like bob marley you were injected with something which caused the parkinsons.may you rest in perfect peace great one.

Nice.

Almost the end of an era of something that was ignited in black America but shined through the black world across the globe. The 50s, 60s, and 70s. What an era in black history.

Only Bobby Seale, Angela Davis, Louis Farrakhan, and Jesse Jackson are the notable ones left. They gave everyone hope with their blood, sweat, and tears - and became legends/icons. Only those who studied black history would understand their impact on the black world and on people of colour all over the globe, regardless of nationality.

I was watching a video of Ali calling Joe Frazier a sambo earlier and almost cried while laughing hard. Classic Muhammad Ali. Joe Frazier never recovered from that mentally looool.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Hendobox: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP to the greatest boxer of all time, human right activist, sensational poet with a pretty face. You prevailed against all odds from time to time throughout your life, such an inspirational idol you've been. RIP Champ, Muhammed Ali

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
My brother you're on point as always. PEOPLE LIKE CASSIUS CLAY WERE NOT ABOUT MONEY. The man who never SOLD HIS SOUL TO WHITE SUPREMACY. In Africa today we still have people who defend white supremacy and get paid like DOGS in doing that. Am talking of socalled black billionaires whose wealth is measured in $ and pounds by their masters. THE UNCLE TOMS like Dangote will never get respect from the 7 billion people around the world. Even if Dangote dies he will be mourned in his own country the rest of us 7 billion people won't even know if he DIED. DANGOTE AND HIS FELLOW BILLIONAIRES IN AFRICA= SELL OUTS THOSE WHO SOLD THEIR SOUL TO THE WEST FOR MONEY. THEY'RE THE WATCH DOGS OF WHITE SUPREMACY. The socalled RICHEST BLACK WOMAN from Angola was exposed earlier this week. The truth you will see SKELETONS IF WE ZOOM INTO THE LIKES OF DANGOTE AND OTHERS WEALTH. Hence I dont celebrate these souless assholes.

cap28:

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by P0intBlank(m): 1:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
He danced like a butterfly and Stung like a bee. A true Legend!
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by stubbornman(m): 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:

He will meet his Lord as Muslim and be rewarded for submitting to Allah alone.

I pray to also die as a Muslim. Amin!
same thing those boko haram niggers always say before they blow themselves up to pieces killing other innocent people alongside
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by AmenhotepZuid: 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
TO RELIGIOUS BIGOTS CASSIUS CLAY WAS BORN A CHRISTIAN AND CONVERTED TO ISLAM AFTER FOLLOWING LOUIS FARRAKHAN AND OTHER ACTIVISTS OF THE PAST. He fits in both religions never looked at people based on religion. I think its desparate for people in nigeria to play religios card on his death. angry angry angry There are good and bad people from all relgions, I know of Christians who are there for materials of this world. For me theyr no different to those Boko Haram bigots. Real muslims aren't violent people. kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by kenoz(m): 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
may Allah have mercy on his soul and grant him paradise, Amin.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
RIP Muhammad Ali. A man who shared the same birthday as me. A man who sparked my interest in boxing. May God grant you eternal peace.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Lilprincey(m): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
Mrjosaphat:
Nigerians and lies like bread &butter
Wetin dey worry dis one? Who goes u sef?
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by cap28: 6:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
AmenhotepZuid:
My brother you're on point as always. PEOPLE LIKE CASSIUS CLAY WERE NOT ABOUT MONEY. The man who never SOLD HIS SOUL TO WHITE SUPREMACY. In Africa today we still have people who defend white supremacy and get paid like DOGS in doing that. Am talking of socalled black billionaires whose wealth is measured in $ and pounds by their masters. THE UNCLE TOMS like Dangote will never get respect from the 7 billion people around the world. Even if Dangote dies he will be mourned in his own country the rest of us 7 billion people won't even know if he DIED. DANGOTE AND HIS FELLOW BILLIONAIRES IN AFRICA= SELL OUTS THOSE WHO SOLD THEIR SOUL TO THE WEST FOR MONEY. THEY'RE THE WATCH DOGS OF WHITE SUPREMACY. The socalled RICHEST BLACK WOMAN from Angola was exposed earlier this week. The truth you will see SKELETONS IF WE ZOOM INTO THE LIKES OF DANGOTE AND OTHERS WEALTH. Hence I dont celebrate these souless assholes.

I agree with everything youve said apart from your use of his old name cassius clay. He hated to be called that name as he regarded it as a slave name inherited from his white oppressors. Everything else youve said I agree with.
Muhammad ali was a legend who challenged injustice at a very dangerous time . He will be remembered forever.
Dangote is just another corruprt greedy scumbag and who made his money by stealing from his own people.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Horus(m): 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6PGMyB8Qc

[size=14pt]Muhammad Ali 'The Greatest' Dies At Age 74 - Interview with Daughter[/size]
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Horus(m): 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fEIVwjrew

[size=14pt]Top 10 Muhammad Ali Best Knockouts HD[/size]
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Mrjosaphat: 6:13am On Jun 05, 2016
Lilprincey:

Wetin dey worry dis one? Who goes u sef?
guy who goes u no matter, pim dia ooooo, make I no change am for u
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by panafrican(m): 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
The Greatest of ALL TIME was one of us
Continue reading @ http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/boxing/2016/06/04/bickley-greatest-all-time-one-us/85419268/

We thank God for having created the Muhammad ALI.
He was a PanAfricanist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lionel Messi And Antonela Roccuzzo Teenage Throwback Picture / Real Madrid Team Bus Attacked At Anfield By Liverpool Fans (Photos, Video) / AFCON: Odion Ighalo, Sadio Mane Top Goalscorers' Chart (see Table)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.