Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

EAT THAT FROG. You Should Start Yesterday - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / EAT THAT FROG. You Should Start Yesterday (369 Views)

Men Should Start Wearing Panties / See The Crocodile My Friend Caught Yesterday / Shock In Zimbabwe As Woman Gives Birth To A "Frog" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EAT THAT FROG. You Should Start Yesterday by aprokomania(m): 10:12am On Jun 04, 2016
Rather than being an invitation to a strange culinary experience, the title of this post is significant as it relates to the very human attitude to procrastinate. Inspired by the bestselling book of the same title by the renowned author Brian Tracy, the frog in this context is a symbol for the need to put off what we can do today till sometime in the future, knowing fully well that most times, we end up doing nothing at all.
One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was from a senior friend of mine who had at that time just finished university.
I had just gained admission then and my mind was focused on going in, getting a degree, and getting out to a good job waiting for me. In a nutshell, his advice was for me to start exploring my talents while in school, and not to assume that there was a magical world of wealth and riches waiting for me immediately I graduated. I can confidently say that I did my best to put that advice to good use and today, I am better for it.
I have come to realize many years down the line that if only we can learn to identify and deal with moments when we are most prone to procrastinating in the very little things, then we can overcome most of the biggest hurdles and challenges we find ourselves in. Below I have presented a three step approach, more of a mental checklist to dealing with this quintessential problem
RESOLVE to deal with this problem. But before you can resolve to work on this issue, you have to accept that you have a problem no matter how insignificant it may seem at the time. When you do that and resolve to deal with it, you are on the first step in becoming a more productive individual
IDENTIFY the areas of your life where you are more prone to putting things off till later. It may be in your business; you may be delaying filling your tax returns till a more convenient time (which may never come), your marriage or family; something seemingly as simple as getting that gift you need to get for your spouse, or even your health; perhaps you keep postponing your dentists visit. Identify the areas you need to improve in and move on to the next step.
WORK. This is the most important step of all. Armed with the information of where exactly you need to improve on, you need to work hard daily to overcome your proclivities to delay and procrastinate. Perhaps if you are a chronic procrastinator, you may need professional help in achieving your goals, or you might just need to talk to a friend or family member about it. You need work to change your habits ( read here ). However, do not forget, that you should identify and celebrate every success you record.
Gradually and patiently, with enough work and persistence, procrastination will be alien to you, and you would have successfully eaten that frog. There is an excellent resource I have identified to be of benefit to you in this process HERE.
leave your comments below, or you can add me up on BBM for more updates 7AF203A0.
Re: EAT THAT FROG. You Should Start Yesterday by aprokomania(m): 10:13am On Jun 04, 2016
this article was obtained with permission from www.hoomadeit.com . for more articles like this, visit www.hoomadeit.com.

(1) (Reply)

Former Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi Is Dead / Handbill Distribution Using Roller Skaters / NECA Reaction To FG Directive On Retrenchment Irresponsible, Unpatriotic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.