Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,571 members, 7,847,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

Music Plus The New Scam: Daylight Robbery By MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Music Plus The New Scam: Daylight Robbery By MTN (581 Views)

Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! / Daylight Robbery By Airtel And NCC / Checkout 2 New Data Plans Officially Launched By MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Plus The New Scam: Daylight Robbery By MTN by oskion(m): 6:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
Twas 5:12pm and she said ''there is nothing i can do'', that was the voice I heard from the customer service operator that attended to me, this said call was put across after I was a casualty of a daylight robbery from MTN all in the name of music plus which I never subscribed to.
It all started when I loaded my phone to re-subscribed for my blackberry bbc. Note- the previous data finished without me using 2gb of the allocated data, I took that in good faith knowing there is nothing the customer care will do but give stories, I have been a victim of that so many times. Till this minute I'm still wondering how 300 naira is deducted from one's account without a sms backing it up. Only for you to put a call to customer care and you get a reply that 4th april you subscribed for mtn music plus.
Earlier, I sent the bbc code to 21600 only for me to get a feedback that my activation failed, so after several attempts re-trying with same feed back, I waited for an hour and tried again only to get a new feedback informing me that I have insufficient balance to perform this operation, I was shocked as ..., only to check my balance and to see I have 715 instead of 1015. When I called 180, I tried not to transfer my aggression to the agent in charge, knowing its not truly their fault but a new scheme in which their principal MTN use is siphoning money from users.
I checked online hoping I could get help, only for me to see complaints for same issues everywhere.
My questions are; 1. Is NCC aware of this new scheme? 2. Is this a method for MTN to get back the money they were fined? Cos 300Naira is not a small cash especially in this present economy. Can nigerians continue to fold arms and watch while we are exploited?
I normally won't come to Nairaland to write a long post, but indeed I was shocked by this deduction without an sms to the effect of any subscription.
ENOUGH is ENOUGH MTN.
You were once loved by many but this trend is making customers flee from you to seek better and sincere options.

(1) (Reply)

Jumia 70% Shipping Fee Discount Offer For Orders Of 15,000 And Above. / Oukitel K4000 Advice / Anyone With Fone For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.