Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,604 members, 7,840,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Tribute To Muhammad Ali - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tribute To Muhammad Ali (493 Views)

Ali Bukar Maina Developed An Algorithm For Finding Missing People / Sheriff Muhammad Wins African Spelling Bee Champion Title (Photos) / Students Of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic Fight Over "Insult On Prophet Muhammad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Muhammad Ali by engrsoma(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
Tribute to The Legend

It is said Pride comes before a fall. The life of Muhammed Ali proved otherwise. He was Fast. He was Strong. He was Great. And he was Proud.

Defeated Sonny Liston at 22 years old, a man thought never to be beaten and declared himself the greatest boxer alive, a title that stayed with him till his death today.

He refused to go to war at Vietnam because of his religious belief which cost him his heavy weight champion and 5 years of his life. Respect!

He stood his ground, and in 1971 the united states overturned his conviction to fight. He returned to the ring to reclaim his title and lost to Joe Frazier in the fifteenth round in a match dubbed "the greatest fight of the century". The greatest lost. His first professional loss!. He fought George foreman, the man who defeated Joe Frazier in 2 rounds. Ali won and he said and I quote " I told you all of my critics that I am the greatest"

Ali won Joe Frazier in the fourteenth round.

"When you say the greatest of all time is in the room, everyone knows who you mean" said by President George bush while presenting himself the highest civilian honor of United States.

If Muhammad Ali was proud, why didn't he fall. Well he fell to the Parkinson's disease today at 74 and it wasn't because he was proud.

Muhammad Ali is the greatest fighter of all time, a champion in the ring, a champion of civil rights. He was more than boxing.

RIP Muhammad Ali.
(56 Victories, 5 defeats)

EngrSomaâ„¢

Chukwumerije Somadina

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Have Three Weeks To Resolve Your Issues. Court Tells Uniport. / NYSC 2016 Batch A Stream II Orientation Course Date Released / U.i. To Resume On Wed. 15 June, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.