Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

The Joy Of Being A Doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Joy Of Being A Doctor (799 Views)

Fill The Joy Of Motherhood / I Am A Doctor From America. Ask Me Anything. / Now You Can Consult A Doctor From The Comfort Of Your Home! #phoneadoctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Joy Of Being A Doctor by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
I enjoy being a doctor. My businessmen, engineer and software friends might earn more than me. Bankers may have more benefits than me. But I still enjoy being a doctor because I can make someone better, because I can save a family, because I am part of a miracle many a times and because I am symbol of hope in despair.

My profession has given me enough. Being doctor I have more than enough money to raise my kids, have a decent house, enjoy little hobbies and my needs are met. I am also amongst the most intelligent and the top elite professionals in the world. I am thankful to all my patients who put their trust and faith in me and I wouldn't let them down. I am thankful to God that He helped me to gain skills, which now I can contribute and can have a meaning in someone's life.

Yes, it is stressful. I agree, I work very hard, without a doubt, I have many sleepless nights. I have worked days together without holidays, vacations or weekends. End of the day, it is my choice. I am leading a much easier life than those soldiers, army men, officers who stay in tents in snow, deserts and jungles and die every day for us, and what a shame they die unknown. They are doing a tremendous job as well. All professions have challenges but not all have such returns as this one. My profession has given a meaning to my life, it is my turn to justify that. I love being a doctor, actually I feel blessed being one!!!

This post is dedicated to all my medical colleagues and friends in medical profession who are doing a great job wherever they are and whatever might be the circumstances, they are surely making a difference in someone's life. Shalom!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Big Diabetes Lie Review / Sickle Cell Ambassadors / Kiss Of Death - 5 Diseases You Can Contract By Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.