Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available (962 Views)

Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" / 4 Northern Nigeria Elites Whose Daughters Don’t Wear Hijab (pictures) / See The Real Reasons Why Nigerian Women Wear Waist Beads ( Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available by Ademusiwa1: 3:22am On Jun 05, 2016
[size=28pt]In Africa culture if a woman wears black all the ti.e. she basically telling the society that she is single and avialable to men

If you go to a Church or other places as a single woman in Africa looking for a man wear black all the time
[/size]
Re: Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 05, 2016
African? Never heard of it in mine or any other.

Maybe muslims.

In my tribe, they all walked around half naked in leather skirts. Until Colonialists brought us their clothes.

Re: Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:28am On Jun 05, 2016
Muafrika2:
African? Never heard of it in mine or any other.

Maybe muslims.

In my tribe, they all walked around half naked in leather skirts. Until Colonialists brought us their clothes.

It looks women's breasts were not sexulised in the pre-colonial era
Re: Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It looks women's breasts were not sexulised in the pre-colonial era
Yeah. It's a very European cultural phenomenon.

The Europeans colonialists were puritans whose women dressed more or less like muslims. They influenced the African perception of women and unclothedness over time. It's all in the head.

The pre-colonial society also had zero prostitution, rape, and other plagues affecting modern women. I must say that the African societal structure was also very strong, and so deviant members of the society were culled as soon as they showed their tendencies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2016
Muafrika2:

Yeah. It's a very European cultural phenomenon.

The Europeans colonialists were puritans whose women dressed more or less like muslims. They influenced the African perception of women and unclothedness over time. It's all in the head.

The pre-colonial society also had zero prostitution, rape, and other plagues affecting modern women. I must say that the African societal structure was also very strong, and so deviant members of the society were culled as soon as they showed their tendencies.

So the above summarizes eurocentinism - where the European culture is seen as a quintessence of the way of life .
Re: Women Wear Black In Africa To Show They Are Single And Available by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So the above summarizes eurocentinism - where the European culture is seen as a quintessence of the way of life .

Thats it. People's are very easy to condition.

(1) (Reply)

See The Beautiful Landscape Of Aba In 1951 / Igwe Orizu III Of Nnewi Marks 55th Ofala Festival Amidst Fanfare(photos) / What Do Mbaise People Of Imo State Forbid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.