Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Sword Of Peace - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sword Of Peace (811 Views)

Your Pen, Sword Of Liberty / Sword Of Truth Series / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sword Of Peace by Godbless3322: 7:11am On Jun 05, 2016
WARNING: let no part of this play should be. Reproduce in any form without the author permission. For more info, contact the author no; 09033884561.

Enjoy the new epsoide of the sword peace.

Title: the sword of peace.

ACT ONE

Sense one

(In a bright broad day light, in the palace. oba and his chiefs; ayegbe, osomole elegushi and clement are deliberately concern and prudently worry over the issue which seems to give sleepless night to all the community.)

CHIEF AYEGBE: I greet you my fellow chiefs! It is often said that , when a problem arise
all possible solutions is been done, it is then we commit it into the hands of the gods for divine mediation.we are now nothing but selves in our own father's land. Our women and men cannot move freely as it used to be, also our women have become the object of the formula to those strange assailants. We have lost many of our young girls who are to boost the land including the innocent childrens and even the enbody men are now gone . what is it that we are to do that hasn't been done?

(OSOMOLE cut in )
OSOMOLE: Absolutely nothing! We have done everything spiritually and physically inorder to be saved from those assialants but contrary is the case. The more we try, the worse it's. I lost my wife and my son to them yesterday. I was almost captured when I attempted to stop them from attacking the town.

CHIEF ELEGUSHI: hmm! What do I have to say? I have suffered a lot. I've lost three of my wives and six of my children to those wicked people who attacked the town, and I don't know what will be the next action.

(OBA (which means king in Edo land) enter ) His professional singer who showers praise on his rank mactch in . All the chiefs prostrate and greet him as custom and tradition demand. The oba sinks into his royal seat speechless and chiefs follow suit)

ALL CHIEF: your Highness, my you live beyond your forefathers reign and may you out reign your ancestors!

OBA: Osomole!

Osomole: your highness speak, you that that send the riches away empty and raise the poor from his lowliness, your humble servant is listening.

OBA:what is the present report now?

Osomole: your highness ! It's as bad as ever before. We lost all the warriors to them yesterday. They intrude the village square. They captured some of our women and young ladies. am even confuse if they are human being, because bullet cannot Pierce them.They left the village square totally empty. As if that was not OK for them, they even go ahead setting the nearby house ablaze....

ALL THE CHIEF: tell us this is not true, a-a-ah! they shake their heads

Osomole: they even raped some of the women and slaughter the men as if they were animal openly before they eventually took them away.

ALL: this is an Abomination to us!

Two palace guard sent to Benin land return with stimulating and report while oba waves them hand to speak.

First Guard: (Prostrating) he greet. My lord! your message was delivered successfully to oba of Benin and he promise to help you with his army that before cock crook tomorrow morning they will be here with us!.

SECOND GUARD: (ALSO PROSTRATE) he said I should extend his greeting to you, and to the entire kingdom to.

OBA: (clear his throat and begin to talk to the two guard )
Hope you made it know to him how urgent we need his assistants?.

FIRST GUARD: yes my lord, we told him all you ask us to tell him.

OBA : (all right. You can now return to your duty post).

The two guard :your highness, may your reign be blessed than that of your ancestors. The servant leave and the meeting continue.

OBI: Osomole go ahead with the situation report.

Osomole: thank you my lord! as I was saying they also assailant some of the commercial companies. They go away with everything in those companies.

Chief Clement:: may be very soon these assailant will soon thrown us out of our father's land .

Chief Elegushi: is this how we are going to fold our's hands and watch our enemies destroyed the future of our youth

(The oba was about to utter a word, when four men are led in by one of the hunter)

THE HUNTER: (prostrate and greet).
Your Highness. These four men's are from igarra community. I meet them this morning on my way to my house, They said that they were attacked by those heartless monster who have been disturbing us, on there way here. To come and buy some provision stuff while some want to deposit their money in bank. That is why I decided to bring them here, so that they we tell you what happened by themselves.

Oba :all right I have heard you, but let me hear from their mouths .

Emeka: your highness, pardon me to speak in the language I understand.

(Go on you are free) the oba wave at him in a sigh to go ahead.

Emeka: thank you your Highness. Actually I and my brother Mike were just coming back from a nearby village when we intend to visit the market, because we are told things are so cheap here. That is how we ran into the hands of that devil before I and my dear brother will know what is going on, They are done with everything we have. but we thank God who is on our side if not...emm..

Joseph: (showing the oba his back that was been injury by those ungodly people during the attack.) Your Highness see what they done to me, I was seriously beat untill I was injured when i tried to strike back. And the worse part of it is that the money given to me!, by my uncle after my ten year of hard labour Has been taken away.

David: (crying and sweating at the same time)
I greet you your highness. My case is different from the one you just heard entirely, because as I'm speaken to you now. my wife and seven children have been burn to aches, As if that is not still enough for them. But now they still attacked David again...hitting his hand on his heart.Ah! earth will roll.

........be continue

(The oba was entirely confused about himself as he cannot stop those assistant as he grave his head in his palms. While all the chiefs remain silent for a couple of minute.)

OBI: what can I say! Is the cause of all this problem, because to me these have been the most dreadful moment that I have experience in my life time, this have not happened when our forefather's are still alive. or will I say that we have fail to perform our duty to the gods as it required? He ask his chiefs.

CHIEF AYEBE: No your Highness!, I don't think so, may be we should consult the osamgbe. the chief priest

ALL THE CHIEF: I think that is right decision, or what do you think your Highness? They blow in sigh of respect.

Oba : oh you all know this before and you did not mind of speaking it out. remember that you are the salt of this precious land if the land lost it salt it become nothing to the outsider.

(To the four men's)

Well!, I have heard you people I and my chief are very sorry for what happened!
We will like to urge you to pull yourselves together, and we promise you that all is going to well very soon.

(While the four men leave unhappy.)

(He get up from his seat this time looking merciless he speak in parable)

Oh! Great osamogbe she that live among the death and still breath among the living soul. You that gather your children together when there is problem and still protect us with your arm. Why have you forsake us this time? Don't allow the arrow of the wicked one to pierce us.

All the chief: (iyesia..) Which mean amen.
The chief blow down as the oba take his leave inside.

(Curtain)

SCENE TWO

( The light reveal oba and his wife on the stage as she walk to her husband quietly in the evening to
discuss some issue that have been whine him)

ONIMISI: she greet her husband in a normal way and she continue with her
speech. My dear husband! what is it that is bothering you? that you have decide to un veal it to me! Look at you now you have suddenly Change, you no longer eat as you do before and the way you related with me is not like before!.
And you have disregard my right as a women for than three month. Isn't so foolish to hear that the great universe have fail to satisfy his woman. Even staff himself from eat for good two market days now.

OBI: my dear wife! you should think that am not concern about you. But is just that the load on my head is more heavier than what and ordinary camel can carry. You can see that the load is beyond me. at list the issue we are facing now. So don't be annoyed, please my wife.
ONIMISI: am sorry!, but you know how a woman feel when she had not been show love for three month.

OBI: yes of course. Isn't this problem big enough to go on strike in everything that is under my control include you and the food. Eh....

ONIMISI: yes my husband it is.

OBI: So woman don't worry or bother what this mouth we take in because am satisfy for now.

(The follwing morning the oba have already occupied his seat while the chief are there with him after short discussion he then call on to the chief guard.) Not quit so long the chief guard appear. (Prostating)

CHIEF GUARD. Your Highness!, you called me?.

OBA : yes I did, you can stand up to your feet!.

CHIEF GUARD: thank you, my lord!.

............to be continue
Re: Sword Of Peace by joanee20(f): 8:28am On Jun 06, 2016
hhhhmmm...following

(1) (Reply)

.. / I Married My Wife A Virgin But For Over 4 Years We Are Yet To Concieve / Happy Birthday Rachaelfst Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.