Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

How To Calculate CGPA At Extra Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Calculate CGPA At Extra Year (2651 Views)

Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Am Having An Extra Year In School I Feel Like A Failure Now. / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Calculate CGPA At Extra Year by Curdlebug(m): 11:33am On Jun 05, 2016
Who has an idea on this please, i dont seem to understand it, i had a Cgpa of 3.46, i failed 2 courses which i wrote at summer examination, i got C and B. After final compilation it fell to 3.42, i dont seem to get it.
Re: How To Calculate CGPA At Extra Year by barackodam: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
I'm not insulting your ego op, but what does it matter?

3.46 2:2
3.42 2:2

So what's the fuss about?

And besides, you had a B and a C, B is 4, C is 3, = 3.5, I think you could have gotten such

think

But at the same time, what does it matter??

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate CGPA At Extra Year by Curdlebug(m): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
Thanks for stating the obvious, i wasnt ignorant on that part but i just want to know why it took away instead of adding to it.
Re: How To Calculate CGPA At Extra Year by barackodam: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
It can never add.
At least, logically.

Judging from what you gave us, you had B and C, if we deal with that, that's a 3.5 GPA, you had a previous CGPA of 3.46, now look at it from this angle, four years of credit points, I'm sure you would have had over 400points accumulated ,or at least, something within that range, now assuming both are 2CU, that would be 14points, what significance would 14 have in 400??.??
14÷400 is 0.035, so you see why it can't move up?

I'd have expected it to be stagnant, and yes, 3.42 is too much a down. Unless you did other electives which you did not specify here.

All in all, it's just a logical reasoning, not what it's expected to be.

I hope you understand that.

Good luck bro
Re: How To Calculate CGPA At Extra Year by Curdlebug(m): 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
Bless you sir. And thank you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

School Of Health Technology, Ofuoma-ughelli, Delta State / 2018 Scholarship For Ivc And How To Apply / Police Can Never Be Army -What Force Men Noticed that Civilians won't understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.