Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints (1685 Views)

Prophets Speaks On Cause Of Ebony’s Death, She Went For Juju (video) / Islamic Viewpoints On Sins / Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
#Introduction

Ever since news broke this morning that a Kano mob killed and beheaded a lady, Bridget, for alleged blaspheming the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), I have read a barrage of #fataawah (legal verdicts) by #GoogleStudents, #InternetMuftis, #PseudoScholars and even #Rationalists. The most shocking development for me however is that even non Muslims suddenly became jurists and clerics issuing all sort of frivolous verdicts. Do I blame them? After all, it's not their fault but that of the 'amuni buni eran ibiyes'. In any case, I hope that this post shall lay to rest the controversies generated by the action of the Kano mob.

Let me start by saying that I, Sirnucy Lafiagi am a Muslim who is proud of his religion and is never apologetic about the principles and teachings of Islam. I owe no one any apology for being a Muslim and I have no qualms with the way anyone has decided to view or conceptualize Islam. Having said that, I want to make it abundantly clear that neither does Allah advocates forcing non Muslims to accept Islam nor does He commands shoving it's teaching down their throats. Both Q.2:256

لا إكراه في الدين قد تبيّن الرشد من الغيّ
"There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right path has become clearly distinct from error.... "

And Q. 109:1 - 6
قل يأيها الكافرون لا أعبد ما تعبدون.... لكم دينكم ولي دين
" Say, O ye Unbelievers! I do not worship that which you worship.... For you is your religion and for me is mine"

have clearly indicated the freedom of both Muslims and non Muslims to practise their religious rites and duties without unnecessary interference in one another's religion. In fact, to further demonstrate respect for other people's faith, the Qur’ān forbade Muslims from insulting the gods and deities of non Muslims so as not to incur their wrath and blasphemy against Allah. Q. 6:108 states,
ولا تسبّوا الذين يدعون من دون الله فيسبّوا الله عدوًا بغير علم...
"And do not abuse the ones whom they call upon beside Allah, lest exceeding the limits the abuse Allah out of ignorance... "

Again, as Muslims, not only are we restrained from insulting the deities and God's of non Muslims, but we are equally commanded to believe in all previous Prophets of Allah, from Adam to Moses to Jesus and Muhammad and accord them equal respect without discrimination. (See, Q. 2:136, 285 & 3:84). What this implies is that no person can claim to be a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus as a Messenger of Allah. So, as Muslims, even when non Muslims are blaspheming Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), we cannot retaliate by insulting Jesus; if we do, we lose our faith.

قال القاضي عياض رحمه الله :" من استخف به – يعني بنبينا صلى الله عليه وسلم - أو بأحد من الأنبياء ، أو أزرى عليهم ، أو آذاهم ، أو قتل نبيا ، أو حاربه : فهو كافر بإجماع "

(الشفا بتعريف حقوق المصطفى)2/284)
Al-Qaadi Iyaad wrote:" Whosoever ridicules him i.e. Our Prophet Muhammad or any other Prophet(Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Noah, Lot, David), or disrespect him or harms him Prophet or wages war against him is an infidel by consensus."

وقال الدردير المالكي :" من سب نبياً مجمعاً على نبوته ، أو عرَّض بسب نبي فقد كفر "
Ad-Dardeer wrote:" Whoever insults any Prophet has disbelieved."

(حاشية الدسوقي على الشرح الكبير 4/309)

وقال الشربيني رحمه الله :" من كذب رسولاً أو نبياً أو سبه أو استخف به أو باسمه ... فقد كفر"
Ash-Shirbiini said: "He who belies any Messenger or Prophet or insults him or berates him or his name is an infidel."

(مغني المحتاج 5/429)

From the forgoing, it is clear that one of the unique teachings of Islam is its advocacy for unconditional respect and regard for other people's faith and religious inclinations. No sincere Muslim will dare insult or blaspheme the deities or divinities of other religions as a religious duty. In addition, any Muslim that insults Jesus or any other Prophet has committed a great blasphemy and he risks losing his faith.

In the next episode, I shall address the Kano incident from both Legal and ethical points of view. Enjoy reading....

By Brother Sirnucy Lafiagi
03/06/2016
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Esteemed readers, having established the position of Islam on insulting any Prophet of Allāh, whether he is Muhammad or Jesus or Moses, it is important to state here categorically that the punishment for such a criminal act is #DEATH. Yes, you heard me right. What this means is that if Abdullahi, a Muslim insults Jesus, or Emmanuel, a Christian insults Muhammad, both of them have committed treason against the Islamic State and they both face Death penalty. Ibn Taimiyyah wrote:

وقال شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية رحمه الله:" مِن خصائص الأنبياء أنَّ مَن سبَّ نبيًّا مِن الأنبياء قتل باتفاق الأئمة وكان مرتداً ، كما أنَّ مَن كفر به وبما جاء به كان مرتداً ، فإن الإيمان لا يتم إلا بالإيمان بالله وملائكته وكتبه ورسله "

(الصفدية 1/262)
" Part of the special privileges enjoyed by the he Prophets is that whoever insults any Prophet will be executed by consensus and has automatically become an infidel. Similarly, the one who disbelieves in a Prophet or in his message is an infidel since faith is not complete without believing in Allah, His Angels, Books and Messengers."

Now, to the Kano incident.... It is highly unfortunate that overzealous and irate Muslim youth, most of whom lack basic knowledge of Islam always drag the religion into their senseless brutality and barbarism by distorting the texts of the Shari'ah and usurping the powers of the judiciary. In Islam, there are certain crimes that carry prescribed punishments called #huduud while others are subject to #ta'zeer (discretion of the judge). However, no single individual is vested with the power to try, indict and sentence a suspect except the #Qaadi (judge). Whosoever usurps that power and inflicts punishment on an alleged criminal with or without confession or proofs is a criminal and must face the full wrath of the law.

For instance, if a man was caught sleeping with another man's wife, the Islamic Law stipulates that the plaintiff gets 4 witnesses to testify against the accused. (Q. 24:4 & 13). Each of this witnesses must possess the qualities of #sanity, #Integrity and #religiosity, and must not have any track record of lying or criminality. In addition, there must be coherence in the reports of the witnesses. They must all testify to seeing the accused #banging the lady in question. In a situation where one of them confessed to only seeing them naked and sitting near each other, no conviction can be made yet. This is how difficult it is to convict an accuse under the Shari'ah! In fact, if the plaintiff fails to produce 4 witnesses to prove his allegation, he will be lashed 80 times!! (Q. 24:4).

Therefore, even though blasphemy is a heinous crime that is punishable by death, the accused has a right to be heard at a court of competent jurisdiction and defend herself within the provisions of the law. It is likely that she doesn't even know the gravity of the crime; or she was misunderstood; or she didn't even say anything but was just framed up by the mob. It may also be that she merely retaliated against an insult to her religion hurled at her by one of the mob. These are one million and one excuse that may have proved her innocence at a court of law. Let me equally add that if she denies uttering such statement in front of the judge and the plaintiff cannot prove that she said so, not only will she walk away free of charge, she is equally liable to damages as determined by the judge.

Let me repeat here for the sake of emphasis, the mob attack on Bridget is tantamount to jungle justice which is commonplace in Nigeria. Suspected thieves and robbers are being burnt alive almost everyday in Nigeria. Unfortunately, since this involves Islam, this news is likely to make headline for some time.

Lastly, I want to advise non Muslims to always exercise courtesy & decorum while addressing issues of faith in order to avert ugly situations like this. We should learn to understand each other's religion and know where to apply the brakes on sensitive and volatile issues. What moral justification does any Christian have to insult our beloved Prophet? What does he/she wants to gain? Even without the death sentence, is it ethical to just want to cause trouble? What did Charlie Hebdoe gain from insulting Muhammad? Unfortunately, the ‪#‎Islamophobic‬ world disregards the action that triggers the reaction and would rather blame the latter. What an injustice!

I have read some frivolous verdicts by people who have no iota of knowledge about Islamic Law and Jurisprudence claiming that death sentence for blasphemy is a creation of some extremist scholars and that the Qur’ān and Sunnah are both silent on it...... What a shame! I advise that you stop relying on ‪#‎GoogleFatwahs‬ and learn about Islam properly.

May Allah guide us aright.

Sirnucy Lafiagi
3/6/2016
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
STILL ON THE BLASPHEMY BROUHAHA: EXPOSING THE HYPOCRITES AND THE IGNORANT

Last night, I was engaged in a very constructive and fruitful debate by some cyber-friends and I didn't go to bed until a quarter to 12am. Let me use this medium to appreciate their maturity and sincerity throughout the course of our discussions. It was a great experience. Having said that, let me say again for the umpteenth time that the Kano mob attack was unfortunate, barbaric, irrational, crude, cruel and inhumane. It must be condemned by all compos mentis homo sapiens. As a person, I will be glad to see the culprits brought to book to face criminal charges.

Meanwhile, Isaac Newton's 1st and 3rd Laws of motion have a different dimension to the issue at hand. (1st Law states that a body will continue to be in a state of rest or of uniform velocity until an external force compels it to move....... While the 3rd Law states that action triggers reaction).

Therefore, let us take our minds off the 'nomenclature' (#blasphemy) for a moment and address the critical issue which is taking the life of a fellow human being unjustly and in mysterious circumstances which is a very common phenomenon in Nigeria. I still remember vividly watching the gory video of 4 students of UNIPORT that were stripped naked, beaten to a pulp and burnt alive in Alu community; I still remember the many 'alleged' thieves that were burnt alive in Lagos and Abuja; I still remember the post-election killings and beheading of people in Rivers State..... etc. However, since none of these cases involves #Islam, #Muslims and #Shari'ah, one or two days of media ranting and that's it. This is the same #Islamophobic mentality that's being preached in the West. What constitutes #Terrorism in the West is not the #Crime but the #Criminal.

The Kano incident really exposed the #hypocrites among us as well as the ignorance of many Muslims about the Shari'ah. It has produced many #GoogleCertifiedMuftis and #Shaykhu'l-Islaam al-Internetiyyu who have continued to issue frivolous #fataawah since yesterday. I have read so many of them, and I will respond to them in due course. Some claim that nobody was ever executed for blasphemy during the time of the #Rasuul. Some say that the Qur’ān and Sunnah are both silent on the punishment for blasphemy. In fact, an Imam was quoted to have given a #Khutbah claiming that the Shari'ah didn't mention executing the blasphemer! All of you and your Imam need serious tutoring and mentoring. Let me refer you and your Imam to just one book:
"الصارم المسلول على شاتم الرسول"
by شيخ الإسلام ابن تيمية رحمه الله تعالى

Some of my cyber-friends said, "what if she doesn't know that it amounts to blasphemy to insult the Prophet of Islam?" and I told them, "forget about blasphemy, is it ethical to insult or deride other people's Prophet? Does the Bible teaches that? For God's sake this is about commonsense! Why is everybody busy condemning the reaction and sparing the action? Or would she have been lynched without the 'alleged provocation?'

On 16th August, 2010, a female Christian student of Law in the University of Ibaadah, Seun Olubunmi Olagunsoye stormed the Friday mosque and started preaching the gospel right in front of the Muslims eye! She said,

"Except you accept Christ in your life, you are not safe. All of you here, no matter the number of the congregation, accept Jesus Christ. Allah is not God; Jesus is Lord”.

Isn't that an insult to our religion? What an affront! Yet, if she was lynched and killed, hypocrites will still come on Social media to challenge the reaction and spare the action! Some said, "why avenge for Allah and the rasuul?" Unfortunately, the same people cannot stand their #Fathers being insulted without putting up a fight whether verbal or physical!

Again, the Kano mob action is condemnable, but so also is the blasphemy against our beloved Prophet. Nobody can insult our Prophet and think that's it. In as much as I condemn the reaction, I take serious exception to the action that triggered it. Non Muslims should learn to respect our religion just as we respect theirs so that peace will reign in the land.

Sirnucy Lafiagi
4/6/2016
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nothing like blasphemy. You can only do shit when i am in your neighbourhood. When in my coast, i tell you to your face that mohammed and Allah simultaneously means "the devil", you argue with me, i make your pitiable soul fly with the sparrows or better still turn your dirty soul to manure for healthy growth of vegetables. cool
*Spits on every fanatic religionists*
Yea ... i said that .... fvck the bar jesus!

3 Likes

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:
[s]Nothing like blasphemy. You can only do shit when i am in your neighbourhood. When in my coast, i tell you to your face that mohammed and Allah simultaneously means "the devil", you argue with me, i make your pitiable soul fly with the sparrows or better still turn your dirty soul to manure for healthy growth of vegetables. cool
Yea ... i said that .... fvck the bar jesus![/s]
You're excused!!!!

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Rilwayne001: 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
And here is another interesting read.

All Muslims condemn that and here is your answer.. Please read from beginning to the end

The general answer to blasphemy (Sabb ala Allah wa Rasulihi) as commanded in the Qur’an is to respond with patience, beautiful preaching, and graceful avoidance. The Qur’an records the fact that the Prophet was called a[b] “sorcerer,” a “madman,” and a “liar,” yet Allah commanded him to be patient and to increase his acts of worship.[/b]
Allah Said:
Be patient over what they say and avoid them with gracious avoidance.” (Surah Al-Muzzamil 73:10)
And Allah said:
“So be patient over what they say and exalt with the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before its setting.” (Surah Qaf 50:39)

And Allah said:
So be patient over what they say and exalt with the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun and before its setting.” (Surah Ta Ha 20:130)
These insults deeply hurt the feelings of the Prophet and his Companions, but Allah did not prescribe revenge for them.
Allah said:
We already know that your heart is constrained by what they say, so glorify the praises of your Lord and be among those who prostrate.” (Surah Al-Hijr 15:97-98)
In fact, Allah told the Prophet and his Companions to expect more insults and mockery from the followers of other religions, and that they should remain patient and not let their abuse shake their faith.
Allah said:
“You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves, and you will surely hear from those who were given the scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah that is of the matters requiring resolve.” (Surah Ali Imran 3:186)
In other verses, Allah commands the believers to simply avoid those who mock Islam and not to sit with them until they discuss something else.

Allah said:
When you see those who engage in offensive discourse concerning our verses, then turn away from them until they enter into another conversion.” (Surah Al-An’am 6:68)
And Allah said:
“It has already been revealed to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah, they are denied and ridiculed. So do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. Verily, you would then be like them.” (Surah An-Nisa 4:140)
Generally, the Prophet was commanded to endure any insult or mockery from his enemies which resulted from their bad character.
Allah said:
“Show forgiveness, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the ignorant.” (Surah Al-A’raf 7:199)
Abdullah ibn Zubair explained this verse, saying:
“The Prophet was commanded to forgive the people’s bad character.” (Sunan Abu Dawud 4787)
There are many recorded incidents in the life of the Prophet in which he was mocked, defamed, and even physically attacked for his faith in Islam, but despite this abuse the Prophet responded with patience, forbearance, mercy, and forgiveness.

In one incident, a group of Jews insulted the Prophet in his own home. Although the Prophet was the leader of Madinah at the time, he did not order these men to be harmed. Rather, he used the incident to teach his Companions an important lesson about kindness.
Aisha reported:
“A group of Jews asked permission to visit the Prophet and when they were admitted they said, [b]“Death be upon you.” [/b]I said to them, “Rather death and the curse of Allah be upon you!” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “O Aisha, Allah is kind and He loves kindness in all matters.” I said, “Have you not heard what they said?” The Prophet said: “I said to them: And upon you.” (Sahih Bukhari 6528).
Al-Bukhari records this narration in his chapter regarding those who curse and abuse the Prophet, which strongly implies that he did not believe legal punishment should be applied to every case of blasphemy.
Badr ud-Din Al-Ayni, a scholar of the Hanafi School, comments on this chapter heading:
“Al-Bukhari has adopted the method of the people of Kufi on this issue, that if someone curses or berates the Prophet and he is a non-Muslim citizen, then he is rebuked but he is not killed. This is the opinion of Ath-Thawri.” (Umdat al-Qari fi Sharh Sahih Al-Bukhari 34/412).
In another incident, the Prophet was defamed and insulted by one of the men of Madinah who was upset with his method of distributing charity. The Prophet did not retaliate against him even though he was very disturbed by it, citing the fact that Musa (Moses), peace be upon him, was harmed by his people with much greater abuse.
Ibn Mas’ud reported:
“The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, was distributing charity among the people when a man from the Ansar said, “By Allah, Muhammad did not intend to please Allah with this distribution!” I came to the Prophet and informed him about this, then anger could be seen on his face and the Prophet said: “Moses was hurt with more than this, yet he remained patient.” (Sahih Bukhari)
Indeed, it was the practice of all the Prophets to patiently endure the harm they received from their people, even to the point of asking Allah to forgive their oppressors.
Allah said:
“They said: We will surely be patient with whatever harm you cause us, and let them rely on who would rely upon Allah.” (Surah Ibrahim 14:12)
Ibn Mas’ud reported:
“I saw the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, tell the story of a Prophet who was beaten by his people and he wiped the blood from his face, saying: “My Lord, forgive my people for they do not know.” (Sahih Bukhari 6530)
An-Nawawi comments on this narration, saying:
“In this is what the Prophets, peace and blessings be upon them, were upon of forbearance, patience, forgiveness, and compassion for their people, their supplications for them to receive guidance and to be forgiven, and that they should be excused for their sins because they did not know.” (Sharh Sahih Muslim 1792)
The Prophet continued to set this example throughout his life, even to the point of forgiving several people who tried to kill him.
In one incident, a woman came to the Prophet and fed him with a poisoned sheep. When the Prophet began to suffer and it was discovered what she had done, the companions asked him if they should kill her. In this case, it would have been a justified retaliation against attempted murder, but the Prophet pardoned her instead.
Anas ibn Malik reported:
“A Jewish woman came to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, with a poisoned sheep and he ate from it. She was brought to him and he asked her about it. She said, “”I wanted to kill you.” The Prophet said: “Allah has given you no authority over me.” It was said, “Should we kill her?” The Prophet said: No.” (Sahih Bukhari 2474)
In another incident, a man from an opposing tribe attempted to kill the Prophet while he was sleeping. Allah miraculously saved the Prophet by causing the man’s hand to slip, after which the Prophet gained power him. Even so, in this position of strength the Prophet continued to show clemency.
Jabir reported:
“We took part in the expedition with the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, against Najd and when the time for afternoon rest approached, he was in a valley of thorny trees. He dismounted under a tree to rest in its shade and hung his sword upon it. The people dispersed among the trees in order to use their shade. While we were like this, the Prophet called us and we came to find a Bedouin sitting in front of him. The Prophet said: “This person came to me while I was asleep and he quietly took my sword. I woke up while he was standing over my head, holding my unsheathed sword. He said: Who will protect you from me? I said three times: Allah.” Jabir said: “The Prophet did not punish him and he sat down.” (Sahih Bukhari 2753)
In another narration, the Prophet said to the man:
“Will you bear witness that there is no God but Allah and I am the Messenger of Allah”? The man said, “No, but I give you my word that I will not fight you and I will not join anyone who is fighting you.” So the Prophet let him go. The man returned to his people and said: “I have just come to you from the best of people!” (Musnad Ahmad 14768)
The man was impressed by the Prophet’s character so much that he returned to his people and praised him. This is an excellent example of how mercy and forgiveness are among the best deeds for winning the hearts and minds to Islam.
In one of the most famous incidents, the Prophet finally gained power over his enemies after being persecuted for 23 years. He could have easily ordered their execution and the companions would have complied. However, the Prophet used this moment to teach the lesson of mercy just as Yusuf (Joseph), peace be upon him, had forgiven his brothers.
Al-Qasim ibn Salim reported:
“When they came to the Ka’bah they were holding onto its door and the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “What do you say? What do you think”? They said three times, “We say you are the son of our brother.” The Prophet said: “I say to you as Joseph said to his brothers: No blame upon you today. Allah will forgive you and He is the most merciful of the merciful.” (12:92)
Abu Yusuf reported:
“When they had gathered in front of the sacred Mosque, the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “What do you think I will do with you”? They said, “Only good, O noble brother, son of a noble brother.” The Prophet said: “Go, you are free.” (Sunan Al-Kubra of al-Bayhaqi 17714).
All of this evidence indicates the general rule that Muslims should respond to blasphemy with patience, forbearance, and graceful discussion. We need to behave in the serene manner of the Prophet as well as publish articles, set up websites, and otherwise spread authentic information about his life and teachings.
`
continue reading: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/204702-premium-times-special-kano-killing-islam-says-blasphemy-killings.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by annunaki2(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
Al taquiya nonsense angry

4 Likes

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Einl(m): 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
What is this one saying?? No matter what they say, however they insult your prophet, whatever they say about your religion, you have no right to take anybody life. Never. All this long grammar and you said absolutely nothing. Talking about how people should focus on the action and not the reaction. Chai!!! You need help. A mob just murdered a 75 year old woman and your there saying blasphemy is bad. What is blasphemy sef?? Love religion yet remain so poor.

3 Likes

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Einl(m): 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
What is this one saying?? No matter what they say, however they insult your prophet, whatever they say about your religion, you have no right to take anybody's life. Never. All this your long grammar and you said absolutely nothing. Talking about how people should focus on the action and not the reaction. Chai!!! You need help. A mob just murdered a 75 year old elderly woman and your there saying blasphemy is bad. What is blasphemy sef?? Love religion yet remain so poor.

2 Likes

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 06, 2016
That is why Christians need to be separated from you animals.

You people blaspheme against Jesus everyday and nothing is don't to y'all. Saying that Jesus Christ is not God but a slave or an ordinary prophet is the height of blasphemy.

Demons in human skin.

4 Likes

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by chiedu7: 4:48am On Jun 06, 2016
Islam preaches that Jesus is not God.

If Christians preach that it becomes blasphemy.

And by the way you can only blasheme God, so it shows that moslems worship mohammed.

And the funny thing is that the man you follow is not in heaven.
Mohammed himself said he does not know what will become of him & his followers muslims.
meaning he did not go to heaven.

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

Please what type of prophet does not know where he will go please?

Jesus on the other hand went to heaven in full view of His followers

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Not only that Jesus promises heaven to all who believe in Him, what niether allah nor mohammed can do

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Now OP who is greater to you?

Jesus that went to heaven in full view of everybody and gives salvation to everyone who believes in Him
OR
Mohammed & allah that cannot save anybody?

Lets not even compare Jesus's miracles to the lack of miracles of mohammed grin
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by annunaki2(m): 6:03am On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=Demmzy15 post=46293381][/quote]

Killing Critics

What is the punishment for insulting Islam or Muhammad?

Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be executed. So are those who desecrate the Quran or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Quranic basis for it.
Quran

Quran (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who invent a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".
Quran (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and has prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Quran (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."
Hadith and Sira

Bukhari (59:369) - This recounts the murder of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, a Jewish poet who wrote verses about Muslims that Muhammad found insulting. He asked his followers, 'Who will rid me of this man?' and several volunteered. al-Ashraf was stabbed to death while fighting for his life.

Bukhari (3:106) - "The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."

Bukhari (4:241) - Those who mocked Muhammad at Mecca were killed after he had retaken the city and asserted his authority.

Sahih Muslim (1801) - "The Messenger of Allah said: Who will kill Ka'b b. Ashraf? He has maligned Allah, the Exalted, and His Messenger"
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
Einl:
What is this one saying?? No matter what they say, however they insult your prophet, whatever they say about your religion, you have no right to take anybody life. Never. All this long grammar and you said absolutely nothing. Talking about how people should focus on the action and not the reaction. Chai!!! You need help. A mob just murdered a 75 year old woman and your there saying blasphemy is bad. What is blasphemy sef?? Love religion yet remain so poor.
From this posts of yours, it shows you didn't even bother to read the article. Why not read it? I seriously don't know what you'll gain from this rubbish upstairs, there's nowhere I supported the lynching because I know the barbaric animals lied on her. Even if she indeed blasphemed, they have no right to Lynch and those who are responsible should be treated accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
annunaki2:

[s]Killing Critics

What is the punishment for insulting Islam or Muhammad?

Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be executed. So are those who desecrate the Quran or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Quranic basis for it.
Quran

Quran (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who invent a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".
Quran (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah has cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and has prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Quran (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."
Hadith and Sira

Bukhari (59:369) - This recounts the murder of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, a Jewish poet who wrote verses about Muslims that Muhammad found insulting. He asked his followers, 'Who will rid me of this man?' and several volunteered. al-Ashraf was stabbed to death while fighting for his life.

Bukhari (3:106) - "The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."

Bukhari (4:241) - Those who mocked Muhammad at Mecca were killed after he had retaken the city and asserted his authority.

Sahih Muslim (1801) - "The Messenger of Allah said: Who will kill Ka'b b. Ashraf? He has maligned Allah, the Exalted, and His Messenger"[/s]
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Ifeann(f): 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
at least the islamist was shameless enough to admit that muslims are commanded to kill those that insult mohammed.

that is enough for any sane person living in the 21st century to be disgusted by islam

mohammed was a disgusting pig. he raped people, was a glutton and deserved his horrid end by posion

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Naijacitizen(m): 7:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
[s]
annunaki2:
Al taquiya nonsense angry
STFUand4kMeHARD:
Nothing like blasphemy. You can only do shit when i am in your neighbourhood. When in my coast, i tell you to your face that mohammed and Allah simultaneously means "the devil", you argue with me, i make your pitiable soul fly with the sparrows or better still turn your dirty soul to manure for healthy growth of vegetables. cool
Yea ... i said that .... fvck the bar jesus!
Einl:
What is this one saying?? No matter what they say, however they insult your prophet, whatever they say about your religion, you have no right to take anybody's life. Never. All this your long grammar and you said absolutely nothing. Talking about how people should focus on the action and not the reaction. Chai!!! You need help. A mob just murdered a 75 year old elderly woman and your there saying blasphemy is bad. What is blasphemy sef?? Love religion yet remain so poor.
Millerz:
That is why Christians need to be separated from you animals.
You people blaspheme against Jesus everyday and nothing is don't to y'all. Saying that Jesus Christ is not God but a slave or an ordinary prophet is the height of blasphemy.
Demons in human skin.
chiedu7:
Islam preaches that Jesus is not God.
If Christians preach that it becomes blasphemy.
And by the way you can only blasheme God, so it shows that moslems worship mohammed.
And the funny thing is that the man you follow is not in heaven.
Mohammed himself said he does not know what will become of him & his followers muslims.
meaning he did not go to heaven.
Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."
Please what type of prophet does not know where he will go please?
Jesus on the other hand went to heaven in full view of His followers
Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Not only that Jesus promises heaven to all who believe in Him, what niether allah nor mohammed can do
Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Now OP who is greater to you?
Jesus that went to heaven in full view of everybody and gives salvation to everyone who believes in Him
OR
Mohammed & allah that cannot save anybody?
Lets not even compare Jesus's miracles to the lack of miracles of mohammed grin
Ifeann:
at least the islamist was shameless enough to admit that muslims are commanded to kill those that insult mohammed.
that is enough for any sane person living in the 21st century to be disgusted by islam
mohammed was a disgusting pig. he raped people, was a glutton and deserved his horrid end by posion
[/s]

It is unfortunate some supposed educated people chose to comment without bothering to the OP. I am just say sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by annunaki2(m): 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
Naijacitizen:
[s][/s]

It is unfortunate some supposed educated people chose to comment with bothering to the OP. I am just say sorry.

And it's even more unfortunate that a supposedly educated person would make this type of daft comment without making any meaningful contribution to the discuss.
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Naijacitizen(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
annunaki2:

And it's even more unfortunate that a supposedly educated person would make this type of daft comment without making any meaningful contribution to the discuss.

Go and check my last two topic. There are something similar to this.

As an old Nairalander, I know you for a very long time but chose not to engage with you. Because it is a waste of time.

If not because of some weak mended that are often visiting this site, I am sure our brothers. The like of Udatso, Rilwayne001, Demmzy15, and many other will abandoned you and your ilk. If they do, you will have succeed in misleading some weak souls. Because your tactic of murdering the truth is fantastically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by udatso: 4:32am On Jun 09, 2016
Naijacitizen:

As an old Nairalander, I know you for a very long time but chose not to engage with you. Because it is a waste of time.

If not because of some weak mended that are often visiting this site, I am sure our brothers. The like of Udatso, Rilwayne001, Demmzy15, and many other will abandoned you and your ilk. If they do, you will have succeed in misleading some weak souls. Because your tactic of murdering the truth is fantastically.
Best ignored. He is too shameless

2 Likes

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Omololu007(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2016
Naijacitizen:

is it compulsory for muslims to kill people? Anybody should have the right to believe and say whatever they want....muslims do say jesus is not the son of God..have never seen christians killing muslims for saying that

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Omololu007(m): 5:40am On Jun 09, 2016
Demmzy15:
From this posts of yours, it shows you didn't even bother to read the article. Why not read it? I seriously don't know what you'll gain from this rubbish upstairs, there's nowhere I supported the lynching because I know the barbaric animals lied on her. Even if she indeed blasphemed, they have no right to Lynch and those who are responsible should be treated accordingly.
in your post you talked about the likes of adam,abraham,noah etc....dis men are all jews,jews are not muslims,so why do you muslim have to copy their(jews) story?

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Naijacitizen(m): 8:04am On Jun 09, 2016
Omololu007:
is it compulsory for muslims to kill people?
No, it is not. And Islam never encourage for that witout any valid reason ( for example; those who kill should be killed. But forgive is preferable).

Anybody should have the right to believe

Yes, Islam teach that too.

and say whatever they want...

If I insult your parent vis-as-vis, will you clapped me?

muslims do say jesus is not the son of God..have never seen christians killing muslims for saying that

Biblically speaking, what does sonship mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by ValentineMary(m): 9:07am On Jun 09, 2016
The last set of people to use their brain are religious fanatics. The OP is a fine example. Killing people because an ancient text said so, that's just insanely stupid when others are trying to make plasma energy source, quantum computer, etc u are still supporting killing because a deranged "prophet" who died about 1,500 years ago told u to do so people like u have no place in the world of innovation today. If I may ask what proof do u have that an almighty God whom u call Allah inspired the Koran? you sound like someone totally oblivious about reality. I don't blame u though, religious fanatics have been taught never to think past your holy book.

And like a slowpoke u follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2016
Omololu007:
in your post you talked about the likes of adam,abraham,noah etc....dis men are all jews,jews are not muslims,so why do you muslim have to copy their(jews) story?

You will have to prove that they were jews, because last time i checked, these men lived before jacob came to existence.

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by annunaki2(m): 9:32am On Jun 09, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You will have to prove that they were jews, because last time i checked, these men lived before jacob came to existence.

They worshipped God the jewish way and not the pagan influenced way mohammed propagated thousands of years later.

tongue
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Omololu007(m): 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
Naijacitizen:

No, it is not. And Islam never encourage for that witout any valid reason ( for example; those who kill should be killed. But forgive is preferable).

Yes, Islam teach that too.

If I insult your parent vis-as-vis, will you clapped me?

Biblically speaking, what does sonship mean?
why will you have to abuse my parent? Am talking about religion you are talking about parent....so you mean i can kill you if you abuse my parent? Muslims are just violent people.....if anybody does not believe or say anything bad about jesus you wont be killed...but muslims do kill southerners in the north just because they dont believe in mohammed an arab man......
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 2:05am On Jun 10, 2016
Omololu007:
why will you have to abuse my parent?

It's an honest question, if someone abuses your parents especially your mother, what would you do?

Am talking about religion you are talking about parent....so you mean i can kill you if you abuse my parent?

That's not the case here, you can't just go around abusing what people respect and adore. That aside, Islam is against lynching, it's forbidden. It's people like you who would beat up thieves in which you'll burn them at the end.

Muslims are just violent people.....

This is not the first time we're hearing this!

if anybody does not believe or say anything bad about jesus you wont be killed...

The reason why Christians stopped killing is because they became secular and abandoned main tenets of Christianity. There were times they killed people because they said God is one, the earth is round, etc. In fact a man was killed because he Translated the bible!

but muslims do kill southerners in the north just because they dont believe in mohammed an arab man......

Go blame the northerners not Islam because Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with that.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by johnydon22(m): 5:38am On Jun 10, 2016
I wonder how there should a legal or ethical weight level on having an opinion about a long dead medieval arab man

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Omololu007(m): 7:34am On Jun 10, 2016
Demmzy15:

It's an honest question, if someone abuses your parents especially your mother, what would you do?

That's not the case here, you can't just go around abusing what people respect and adore. That aside, Islam is against lynching, it's forbidden. It's people like you who would beat up thieves in which you'll burn them at the end.

This is not the first time we're hearing this!

The reason why Christians stopped killing is because they became secular and abandoned main tenets of Christianity. There were times they killed people because they said God is one, the earth is round, etc. In fact a man was killed because he Translated the bible!

Go blame the northerners not Islam because Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with that.
i can never kill or fight anyone that abuse my parent,i will rather abuse the person or walk away.....but muslims will always kill anybody that abuse allah
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Demmzy15(m): 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
Omololu007:
i can never kill or fight anyone that abuse my parent,i will rather abuse the person or walk away.....but muslims will always kill anybody that abuse allah
Are you reasonable at all? Why on earth would you abuse someone's God? What would you gain from it, why can't you just be in peace with them. Muslims are forbidden to abuse the Gods of unbelievers, so why can't you reciprocate this gesture? undecided
Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by Omololu007(m): 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2016
Demmzy15:
Are you reasonable at all? Why on earth would you abuse someone's God? What would you gain from it, why can't you just be in peace with them. Muslims are forbidden to abuse the Gods of unbelievers, so why can't you reciprocate this gesture? undecided
who is this fool!sh !diot Just becase they abuse your god,u go con kill them......fool!sh people

1 Like

Re: Blaspheming The Prophets: The Legal & Ethical Viewpoints by annunaki2(m): 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2016
Demmzy15:

Islam and the quoran is full of insults to christians and to God almighty whom christians worship, by insulting your pagan god and criminal prophet, we are merely reciprocating the gesture.

(1) (Reply)

Mfm Presents The 1st Nigeria Prayer Line / Mountain Of Fire Church Is Misleading People I Haaate Dem / Pastor Closes Church,Locks-up Building After Winning 100M Through Sports Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.