Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! (1057 Views)

Stories You Ought To Read Don't Miss Out / Please Help!!! Can't Finish A Book / Fight To Finish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
First i'ld have to admit being a writer ain't easy and I can count how many times I wish I could write.
Honestly speaking the rate at which writers start up stories in this literature section and abandon them is increasing and becoming very annoying. I mean why would u start up a story and when u start gathering up followers, then u suddenly stop updating the story.
Its really annoying and any committed reader in this section can corroborate with this fact. If a survey I carried out now, one would notice a lot of unfinished stories hanging around. As a writer, saying you have a busy schedule ain't an excuse cos that should have been thought about before starting up a story.
Pls this is a call out to all writers.....Always Finish Up What Ever You Started.
Gracias!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Divepen1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
While this is a good cause, I'll enjoin you all to always for a way to appreciate these writers in any other form than commenting.
Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Divepen1:
While this is a good cause, I'll enjoin you all to always for a way to appreciate these writers in any other form than commenting.
Kk
Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by jojothaiv(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
On some writers here, though we don't pay them to write for us, but once you agreed to post your stories here, then you should continue..

Anyway, this is Nigeria and disappointment is also part of our life in this clime...

As for me, I have given up on some writers here...

3 Likes

Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 06, 2016
jojothaiv:
On some writers here, though we don't pay them to write for us, but once you agreed to post your stories here, then you should continue..

Anyway, this is Nigeria and disappointment is also part of our life in this clime...

As for me, I have given up on some writers here...
Honestly , here too..There was a time i followed a certain story ( won't mention the story and author) like my life depended totally on it, I would always check on my notifications every 15 mins. Only to wake up one day and noticed that updates stopped coming and that was it......half way. it was really frustrating....

3 Likes

Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by K9blunt(f): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2016
I concur

angry
Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by jojothaiv(m): 9:31am On Jun 06, 2016
kushkingstalin:

Honestly , here too..There was a time i followed a certain story ( won't mention the story and author) like my life depended totally on it, I would always check on my notifications every 15 mins. Only to wake up one day and noticed that updates stopped coming and that was it......half way. it was really frustrating....
It's really frustrating...
Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Randyblincks(m): 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
Eh... what of people wae no get laptop? abi to type with phone na come chop??
Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 25, 2016
Randyblincks:
Eh... what of people wae no get laptop? abi to type with phone na come chop??
I have a friend that write stories here on nairaland ..He uses his phone regularly to write em'
Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Oladim001(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
I concur ooo. Sometimes i just wish they should just post everything like that. They'd keep one in suspense and at the end of the day, they don't finish up. Its really becoming rampant on literature section.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Starting Up Stories You Can't Finish!!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
Oladim001:
I concur ooo. Sometimes i just wish they should just post everything like that. They'd keep one in suspense and at the end of the day, they don't finish up. Its really becoming rampant on literature section.
Tank you jare

(1) (Reply)

Purple Hibiscus By Chimamanda Adichie:who Do You Think Really Opposed Pa Eugene / What Does Dragastic Means And How Do I Use It / Top Ten Magazines In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.