Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes (12093 Views)

20 African Tribes Well-known Around The Globe / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Rossikki: 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
[size=20pt]Why are we still describing ethnic groups, some with populations of 50 million plus, as ''tribes''?

It's mental. Just because white racists described your great ancient nationalities as ''tribes'', doesn't mean you have to continue doing so...[/size]
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
To yorubba OP...keep fooling yourself. Even a cat born in mass knows about The Great Igbo Race! Who knows yorubba? Goodness me!

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
Armaggedon:
yea...expecially for being qouted by the devils son from hell.

Pls do well not to disturb my mention again

The point is it doesn't change the fact up there bye go and rest ur frustrated selftonguetonguetongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Malawian(m): 5:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
IGBO. Ndi be anyi ga adi, rue mgbe ebighebi.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
Intellect20:
To yorubba OP...keep fooling yourself. Even a cat born in mass knows about The Great Igbo Race! Who knows yorubba? Goodness me!

apart from Nigeria tell me which african country u can find an indigenous tribe..??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Armaggedon: 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

The point is it doesn't change the fact that i am an idiotic lowlife seeking for unnecessary attention. Let me now live my frustrated life and leave you alone sir!tonguetonguetongue
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Where are the Ashanti tribe? Igbo not in that list makes it crap,
who havent heard about
- Oludia Equinoh,
- king Jaja of Opobo,
- Igbo landing in America,
Igbo village in Virginia,
- Edward james roye 1st liberia president of Igbo descent,
Many Black Americans/Carribeans whose DNA point to their Igbo descent like T.D Jakes, or
- the "King Of The Eboes" in Jamaica history etc.
CRAP LIST.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Malawian(m): 5:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
Apart from Nigeria,where else can you find Yoruba people? The yoruba minorities in benin republic were the slaves the dahomy amazons claimed for themselves, after sacking oyo village, sorry empire. The ones found in Togo are the abobakus who fled from the ones in benin republic. Igbos are also found in equitorial guinea.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

apart from Nigeria tell me which african country u can find an indigenous tribe..??
that is not a criteria of being popular.. Achievements, Records, Personalites should be the criteria.
Even a social media friend of mine from uganda know about the Igbos and yorubas and love nollywood.
The Igbo race is popular in Africa, pls.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 5:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Where are the Ashanti tribe? Igbo not in that list makes it crap,
who havent heard about Oludia Equinoh, king Jaja of Opobo, Igbo landing in America, Igbo village in Virgin, Edward james roye 1st liberia president of Igbo descent, Many Black Americans/Carribeans whose DNA point to their Igbo descent like T.D Jakes, etc.
CRAP LIST.

Stop all this rantings .
It seems u guys have comprehension problem the thread says famous not popularity..??

Indigenous Hausa and yoruba speaking people can be found in benin republic
Ghana
Togo
Sierra leone
Ivory coast.
Gambia. E.t.c

Now tell me which african country u can find indigenous igbo speaking people ..??

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

Apart from Nigeria tell me which african country u can find an indeginous igbo people..??gringrin

To many sycophants on nairaland now adays...

If there is any tribe more popular than the igbo at all in africa, then it should be only the zulu and massai and that is because they have been promoted by the media due to tourism....
Aside that if it is by travel, by achievement, by visibility or by resilience then am sorry, no tribe can take the place of igbo...

In china and other asian countries, they alternate igbo and africa.

In central and some west african countries, they alternate igbo and nigeria.

When you go to south and east african countries they alternate igbo and nigeria.

You wonder why former president jonathan was called igwe when he visited Namibia and zimbabwe.

Or is it the Malaysian police that call all black africans igbo

Or in the western world where igbos have been acclaimed to be the most intelligent african race having an IQ as and higher than that europeans?

@Op am sure u dont even believe your list...

That you have a blog to give it a link does not validate you list..it is poorly researched and at best fit for the trash bin

There are over 190 countries in the world and in each country, you would find at least three igbos there.
If not, that country doesnt exist.

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

Stop all this rantings .
It seems u guys have comprehension problem the thread says famous not popularity..??

Ghana
Togo
Sierra leone
Ivory coast.
Gambia. E.t.c

Now tell me which african country u can find indigenous igbo speaking people ..??
and whats the difference between Famous and Popular?
Do i look like a kid to you, you opened a nonsensenstical jargon of a thread inorder to drive home ur biased postulation.
How can the most travelled tribe in Africa not be popular? You tell me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
that is not a criteria of being popular.. Achievements, Records, Personalites should be the criteria.
Even a social media friend of mine from uganda know about the Igbos and yorubas and love nollywood.
The Igbo race is popular in Africa, pls.

I can read frustration all over u,

The thread says Famous, not popularity..

Have u seen any indigeneous speaking igbo people in
Any african country apart from nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

I can read frustration all over u,

The thread says Famous, not popularity..

Have u seen any indigeneous speaking igbo people in
Any african country apart from nigeria
frustration? Lols. Its for a jobless entity like you who is hoping on Buhari #5000naira promise.
Mr man, go and have a sit.
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
Even before the igbos started commenting on this thread, some people had already started talking about us lmao!... stop being obsessed with us pls, this part of the reason why we aren't allowed to break away from this country .....

Dont be obssesed with us pls cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

Stop all this rantings .

Ghana
Togo
Sierra leone
Ivory coast.
Gambia. E.t.c

Igbos make up 30 percent of cameroonian population,

Equatorial guinea has igbo as an officially recognise language

Gabon as well as sao tome and principie has igbo also as more than 30 to 40% of its population.

In nigeria, after the indigenous etnic groups in every town, village and state outside the traditional igbo towns,Igbos make up the largest population...

Outside nigeria, igbos are the largest Nigerian diaspora.

Even 70% of black americans you see today have their root from bight of biafra...

Have you heard of igbo landing @op?

Even Nollywood which is the face of africa is igbo

By the way, where is the great ashanti from ghana on your list.

Gosh I hate yoruba hypocrisy, that is what is killing Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
and whats the difference between Famous and Popular?
Do i look like a kid to you, you opened a nonsensenstical jargon of a thread inorder to drive home ur biased postulation.
How can the most travelled tribe in Africa not be popular? You tell me
I can see comprehension is ur problem..

Answer my question apart from nigeria tell me any african country u can find an indigenous igbo speaking people..??

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
xharder:

Equatoria geuine has has igbo as an officailly recognise language,

Gabon and sao tome and principie has igbo also as more than 30 to 40% of its population.

In nigerian, after the indigenous tribe in every town, village and state outside the traditional igbo towns,Igbos make up the largest population...

Stop puting up lame defence

Tell us any african speaking country u can find indegenous igbo speaking tribe..??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

I can see comprehension is ur problem..

Answer my question apart from nigeria tell me any african country u can find an indigenous igbo speaking people..??
don't change the topic pls.
Do you think that we are still in the era when you people used media propaganda to brainwash people.
Every dumb article/thread MUST be challenged.
Popularity/Famous is determined by Achievements, Personalities etc and not indigenous population.
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Omo yoruba ni mi o...proudly yoruba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
frustration? Lols. Its for a jobless entity like you who is hoping on Buhari #5000naira promise.

You re really Pained LOLcheesycheesy

Answer this simple question..?

Tell me any african country u can find indigenous igbo speaking tribe..??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Twistaray(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See them arguing, disputing a well researched facts..fowl nyash don blow..
Make I book mark this page sef

Where is that boy sef, Oya lastpage " come yaaa

Come see something wey my eye just see grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
don't change the topic pls.
Do you think that we are still in the era when you people used media propaganda to brainwash people.
Every dumb article/thread MUST be challenged.

I never changed the topic.
It says famous not poularity
and all the tribe u see on the list re indigeneous speaking tribe in more than 5 countries.

Zulus a south african tribe re indigenous in all southern african countries and some eastern countries

San bushmen re indegenous tribe in south africa ,bostwana, zambia,angola e.t.c

Hausa and yoruba re indigenous tribe in Nigeria,ghana,togo,benin republic,sierra leone,ivory coast and gambia..

NOW TELL US WHICH AFRICAN COUNTRY U CAN FIND INDIGENOUS IGBO SPEAKING PEOPLE..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by lisimmo(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
xharder:

Equatoria geuine has has igbo as an officailly recognise language,

Gabon and sao tome and principie has igbo also as more than 30 to 40% of its population.

In nigerian, after the indigenous tribe in every town, village and state outside the traditional igbo towns,Igbos make up the largest population...

Ah they don come again oh, pulling statistics out of their set shriveled anus. Omenka come and see your folks. They now own Gabon, Sao tome, and Gambia

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Ugomba(m): 6:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
hahahahahahaha. Nwanyi oma pls forgive the jobless guy.
See finishing.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Ugomba(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

I never changed the topic.
It says famous not poularity
and all the tribe u see on the list re indigeneous speaking tribe in more than 5 countries.

Zulus a south african tribe re indigenous in all southern african countries and some eastern countries

San bushmen re indegenous tribe in south africa ,bostwana, zambia,angola e.t.c

Hausa and yoruba re indigenous tribe in Nigeria,ghana,togo,benin republic,sierra leone,ivory coast and gambia..

NOW TELL US WHICH AFRICAN COUNTRY U CAN FIND INDIGENOUS IGBO SPEAKING PEOPLE..
leave the girl alone, she destroyed you in argument.. Give it up. You tribalistic ewedu consumer. Mr tribal mark.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by SonofDevil: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
Malawian:
Apart from Nigeria,where else can you find Yoruba people? The yoruba minorities in benin republic were the slaves the dahomy amazons claimed for themselves, after sacking oyo village, sorry empire. The ones found in Togo are the abobakus who fled from the ones in benin republic. Igbos are also found in equitorial guinea.

Frustrated flat headgringrin

What abt the indegenous yorubas in sierra leone,ivory coast, gambia..??

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Twistaray(m): 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ugomba:
leave the girl alone, she destroyed you in argument.. Give it up. You tribalistic ewedu consumer. Mr tribal mark.

grin grin grin

What finishing?

The only finishing " is inside you head.

Why are you pained? Why the BP over what?

See envy written all over your red eye cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by omenka(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
lisimmo:

Ah they don come again oh, pulling statistics out of their set shriveled anus. Omenka come and see your folks. They now own Gabon, Sao tome, and Gambia
If you call them the Lost Children of Gabon, Guinea or Sao Tome and Principe, dem go begin vex. cheesy

One day they are Israelis, the next they are Ugandans, now they are from Gambia. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by ruggedchap: 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
SonofDevil:

Frustrated flat headgringrin

What abt the indegenous yorubas in sierra leone,ivory coast, gambia..??

The bolded confirms the main objective of this thread, which is not for educative or historic purposes but for tribalism and especially hatred for the Igbos.

If a particular tribe is causing you so much pain and hatred , it is time for you to examine your misplaced aggression and sort your pathetic life out before it consumes you grin
Re: Top 10 Most Famous African Tribes by Twistaray(m): 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osole Owo Tutu / Why Do Naija Girls Put On Heavy Make Up / How Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky? No Tribalism Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.