Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville (31904 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Shym3xx: 9:24am On Jun 06, 2016
- “I ain’t draft dodging. I ain’t burning no flag. I ain’t running to Canada. I’m staying right here. You want to send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I’ve been in jail for 400 years. I could be there for 4 or 5 more, but I ain’t going no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I want to die, I’ll die right here, right now, fightin’ you, if I want to die. You my enemy, not no Chinese, no Vietcong, no Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. Want me to go somewhere and fight for you? You won’t even stand up for me right here in America, for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won’t even stand up for my rights here at home.” - Muhammad Ali

^^^^And he died fighting in America. Even when all his other organs stopped working and his bones/body gave up the fight - his heart was still pumping/fighting for an hour. Greatness by a warrior right there.

======================================================================

"I would like to be remembered as a man who won the heavyweight title three times, who was humorous and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him ... who stood up for his beliefs ... who tried to unite all humankind through faith and love. And if all that’s too much, then I guess I’d settle for being remembered only as a great boxer who became a leader and a champion of his people. And I wouldn’t even mind if folks forgot how pretty I was.” - Muhammad Ali

Ali Bomaye!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by frankkingston(m): 9:27am On Jun 06, 2016
rip legend...

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Caseless: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2016
RIP , Ali the great.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 06, 2016
Forever lives on

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by DoyenExchange: 9:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Good bye my great hero! The world misses you.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by favourmic(m): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Wait I I don't understand something about Muslim, why is it that when a rich Muslim die they we use casket for him? Even the body we not be buried the same day?

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Bishops10(m): 9:29am On Jun 06, 2016
[size=17pt] I thought a Muslim is buried the same day he dies. [/size]
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by khing00600: 9:33am On Jun 06, 2016
RIP LEGEND.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Heineken(m): 9:36am On Jun 06, 2016
"when I’m gone, boxing will be nothing again. The fans with the cigars and the hats turned down’ll be there, but no more housewives and little men in the street and foreign presidents. It’s goin’ to be back to the fighter who comes to town, smells a flower, visits a hospital, blows a horn and says he’s in shape. Old hat. I was the onliest boxer in history people asked questions like a senator.” rest in peace Mohammed Ali

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by kingmexy1997(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2016
lumzybo:
Why the delay in the burial? As a moslem, once u are dead, few hours after, u are buried according to islamic rites. No casket or whatsoever

undecided mayb he Isn't a moslem afterall undecided
he is a legend and can't just be buried like that there are protocols that has to be taken

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 06, 2016
lumzybo:
Why the delay in the burial? As a moslem, once u are dead, few hours after, u are buried according to islamic rites. No casket or whatsoever

so true. But then again what power does the dead have?

This is probably against his wish.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Klington: 9:41am On Jun 06, 2016
some kinda of break of protocol i guess embarassed
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 06, 2016
kingmexy1997:
he is a legend and can't just be buried like that there are protocols that has to be taken
God don't care about legends celebrities or so on. The only thing that set us apart is our good deeds.

He should have told them what to do and they should have respect his wish.

4 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2016
Aladi02:
, Parading with the legendary Corp as Muslim is wrong, May Allah forgive him and grant him Aljanat

You know
1. he's an international figure
2. He was once Christian and he's town is filled with Christians
3. He's American. You know Nigerians are over religious but Americans aren't

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by aminho(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2016
favourmic:
Wait I I don't understand something about Muslim, why is it that when a rich Muslim die they we use casket for him? Even the body we not be buried the same day?
excuse me the body will not be intered to d ground with the coffin it will be removed at the cemetery

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Rexyl(m): 9:55am On Jun 06, 2016
kingmexy1997:

anyway prayer for the dead is just like a medicine after dead. Poor or rich, legend or common man. ONLY ONE THING GOD REQUIRES OF THE DEAD IS HOW THEY FEAR AND SERVE HIM AND THEIR ATTITUDES TOWARD FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS WHILE ON EARTH.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by HomeOfMe(f): 9:57am On Jun 06, 2016
I thought Muslims bury their dead within 3 days and without moving the body in a casket..
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by HomeOfMe(f): 9:58am On Jun 06, 2016
I thought Muslims bury their dead within 3 days and without moving the body in a casket..,just an observation.
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Leiman100(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2016
lumzybo:

what do you know about Islam and why is the matter worrying you like this?

5 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by abdulaz: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2016
RIP THE GREATEST!

Ramadan Kareem.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Leiman100(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2016
favourmic:
anybody can use casket, but no true Muslim is BURRIED with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by loomer: 10:06am On Jun 06, 2016
misspresident:
I don't smoke but i keep a match box in my pocket. when my heart slips towards a sin, i burn a match stick and heat my palm. Then i say to myself; 'Ali you can't even bear this heat, how would you bear the unbearable heat of hell? muhammed ali RIP

Judge not

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by loomer: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2016
rokiatu:
so true. But then again what power does the dead have?

This is probably against his wish.

He's being buried as he wished. So said his twin daughters
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Btruth: 10:09am On Jun 06, 2016
Explorers, your head dey there brother. smiley

In fact, I prefer your report more than Sahara or desert reporters.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by okpor2(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2016
Is he no longer a muslim?y thse arrangements nd y is he not buried according to muslim rites?
Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by 989900: 10:15am On Jun 06, 2016
Good to make your people proud.

Play me some R.Kelly . . .

It's the world's greatest, yo,
It's the world's greatest, come on,
World's greatest, ever

I am a mountain
I am a tall tree
Oh, I am a swift wind
Sweepin' the country
I am a river
Down in the valley
Oh, I am a vision
And I can see clearly

If anybody asks you who I am
Just stand up tall, look 'em in the face and say

[Chorus]
I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain peak up high
Hey, I made it
I'm the worlds greatest
And I'm that little bit of hope
When my back's against the ropes
I can feel it mmm
I'm the world's greatest

I am a giant
I am an eagle
I am a lion
Down in the jungle
I am a marchin' band
I am the people
I am a helpin' hand
And I am a hero . . .

[Chorus]
I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain peak up high
Hey, I made it . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Shym3xx: 10:26am On Jun 06, 2016
lumzybo:

Why must you Arab-doctrine muslims act like fanatics all the time? And isn't it funny that you care more about his religion, than what he represented?

Nah, he wasn't ya type of muslim. The Nation of Islam's doctrine that made him great is different from that arab nonsense. And it was after he converted to that arab tripe that his life went south and he developed health issues. And he was already the greatest before that.

There are tens of millions of people who see him as a hero and no one has been celebrated in death like this since Michael Jackson died. And thousands of people are travelling to America to pay their last respect. So, let them give the hero, icon, and greatest a befitting burial. No one gives a shyte about no medieval muslim rites. Keep that to yourself and ya mosque.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by Bimpe29: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2016
May his sins be forgiven, and his soul be granted Janattu Fridaouz ameen.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by fapcrook(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2016
Elijahrona2:

You know
1. he's an international figure
2. He was once Christian and he's town is filled with Christians
3. He's American. You know Nigerians are over religious but Americans aren't
same thing even happened to the late Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory in Nigeria. During the burial, I think about six days after his death, he was buried. The burial if these type of people the government believes belong to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by fapcrook(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2016
Leiman100:
what do you know about Islam and why is the matter worrying you like this?
abi oo, I wonder. They know nothing about Islam but they talk as if they know it all, stop responding to their comments bro

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Ali's Body Arrives Louisville by favourmic(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2016
aminho:
excuse me the body will not be intered to d ground with the coffin it will be removed at the cemetery

They there they fool your self

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Tunisia : Basketball Olympics 2012: 60 - 56 On 29th July 2012 / Lionel Messi All Smiles As He Returns To Training After Breaking His Arm / 15 Yr-old Nigerian Footballer Stabbed To Death In England [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.