Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Lollipop Vs Kitkat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lollipop Vs Kitkat (1407 Views)

This Is Why Kitkat Is The Best Android Software. / Help: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 Upgrade To Lollipop / What Is The Difference Between Kitkat, Lollipop, Jellybean, Marshmallow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lollipop Vs Kitkat by ESheriff1(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2016
I have a problem please, I want to upgrade to a smartphone running the lollipop OS preferably Samsung J7 which my Dad currently uses But on trying to explore the phone I discovered among other things, that it's way too slow compared to my it1502 running KitKat ,even when I changed the animation scale in the developer options to ".5x"... Please advice me, is that the problem with the lollipop OS generally or the phone itself cus I really don't want to make a huge mistake choosing OS or Phones.
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by stalyf(m): 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
which phone are you using currently? Do not seem to understand you
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by ESheriff1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
stalyf:
which phone are you using currently? Do not seem to understand you
I use it1502 while my Dad uses Samsung Galaxy J7
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by tonynwasokwu: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hello, I will simply advice you stick to your it1502, if you so want to change your OS I will still advice you save and go for it1551.
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by Emmaway(m): 7:23am On Jun 07, 2016
ESheriff1:
I have a problem please, I want to upgrade to a smartphone running the lollipop OS preferably Samsung J7 which my Dad currently uses But on trying to explore the phone I discovered among other things, that it's way too slow compared to my it1502 running KitKat ,even when I changed the animation scale in the developer options to ".5x"... Please advice me, is that the problem with the lollipop OS generally or the phone itself cus I really don't want to make a huge mistake choosing OS or Phones.
Please use what's good for you, the Samsung Galaxy S7 comes with bloatwares, enjoy your Itel device, I'm also enjoying mine.
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by ESheriff1(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks @ all
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by stalyf(m): 2:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
ESheriff1:
I use it1502 while my Dad uses Samsung Galaxy J7

Okay. I get now
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by Naijji: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
Diff btw Samsung and Itel is night and day
Diff btw Lollipop and Kit Kat is night and day (or evening sha)
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
Stick 2 ya current Itel phone or if u still wanna change the os get the new itel 1702 prime
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by princejenks(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
How good is this itel product?
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by bholahyan: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
In my opinion lollipop is better cus its more unique in features and advanced than kitkat
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by inveco(m): 1:20am On Jun 10, 2016
One biggest problem I have with Lollipop is that Google have made away with the USB mass storage that you know in that your kikat. Now, if you store files in your internal memory and mistaken loose those files, u can barely get them back because computer doesnt seem to discover lollipop devices as Mass storage but rather see them as an attached device.

Moving files from Loillipop to system and vice versa is slow compare to when you manually enable your USB mass storage.

Computer sees USB mass storage as an external storage device thereby interacting well with it and copying files faster.

That's my pain though...

Another problems is rooting

1 Like

Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2016
Since the Itel device works for you, use it I also love Itel devices.

1 Like

Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by tonynwasokwu: 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2016
ESheriff1:
Stick to your itel phone or reduce the app an see if is going to speed up.

1 Like

Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by bholahyan: 10:39am On Jun 19, 2016
My candid advice is if you must upgrade stick to your itel product ,lots of lollipop version, and very affordable ut 1507,which am going for BTW,it1505,it1551 and lots more
Re: Lollipop Vs Kitkat by Deeni131: 3:01am On Jul 01, 2016
inveco:
One biggest problem I have with Lollipop is that Google have made away with the USB mass storage that you know in that your kikat. Now, if you store files in your internal memory and mistaken loose those files, u can barely get them back because computer doesnt seem to discover lollipop devices as Mass storage but rather see them as an attached device.

Moving files from Loillipop to system and vice versa is slow compare to when you manually enable your USB mass storage.

Computer sees USB mass storage as an external storage device thereby interacting well with it and copying files faster.

That's my pain though...

Another problems is rooting

Bro I like ur comment. I was planning to buy phamtan z but friends said its out dated cos it's on kitkat, but now I'm realising that some upgrades are not sweet. Pls do u think one can live on kitkat forever?

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Think Gionee Is The Most Reliable Smartphone Brand In Nigeria / Etisalat (unlimited) Data Resellers... / Is This Real From Glo? How Do I Use It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.