Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores (2396 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Messi Plays Basketball With His Head And Scores / Emmanuel Emenike Embarasses Captain Yobo And Scores (With Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by snowdrops(m): 11:31am On Aug 26, 2009
Nigeria striker Yakubu Aiyegbeni has played his first game in 10 months, and scored on his return.

The Everton front-man turned out for their reserve team on Tuesday evening, and fired home in the 3-0 win over Burnley after just 31 seconds.

It was his first game since last November, when he ruptured his Achilles tendon at Tottenham Hotspur.

Later in the game he created a goal for Dan Gosling with a run down the left wing followed by an accurate cross.

American youngster Cody Arnoux then sealed the scoring late in.

Aiyegbeni's absence has been a blow to both Everton and Nigeria.

It is not yet known when he will be fit enough for first-team action.

He has not been named in Nigeria's squad for their 2010 World Cup qualifier against Tunisia next month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8221974.stm
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by Seun(m): 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2009
The only Nigerian player currently doing us proud
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by Witi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
At least we've got one performing again hope he will keep it up and put in more for the Nigerian National Team.
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by shesi(m): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2009
performing? it was a reserve game against burnley!!
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by koolchicco: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2009
shesi:

grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by oge4real(f): 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2009
I'm happy the Yak is back! Keep it up bros. smiley smiley
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by chidyke77(m): 4:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
Lets wait and see because he performs beta in his club than his country.
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by tosinaded(m): 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
Seun:

really

shesi:

really
go ask Manutd and even everton
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by kaypumpin2(m): 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
Tosin,

The key word is not burnley but reserve game tongue
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by MUZBO(m): 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Tosin,

The key word is not burnley but reserve game  tongue
Abi o! Na reserves game dem come they shout. Even I will score playing for Wolves reserves against Man U reserves. Let him play first team first!
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by mrperfect(m): 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2009
May be in his club as Nigeria do not really miss him much, because he does well in his club than in Nigeria team.
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by chukz4real(m): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2009
mrperfect:

May be in his club as Nigeria do not really miss him much, because he does well in his club than in Nigeria team.

Supported!
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by tosinaded(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
The Everton front-man turned out for their reserve team on Tuesday evening, and fired home in the 3-0 win over Burnley after just 31 seconds.

@kaypumpin & Muzbo
i dnt see where it was stated that burnely used a reserve team, so wut are you sayn
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by Nezan(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2009
Nice one, bro
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by denony(m): 8:08pm On Aug 26, 2009
welcome back yaks.
no mind your nigerian brother's big mouth.

I will be glad to see u play again
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by playahP(m): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2009
Yak was useless when he was in our national team.
Isaac promise is far better than him, odewinge is betta than him,
I don't see what is sooo fantastic bout his return.
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by PurestBoy(m): 3:47am On Aug 27, 2009
playah P:

Yak was useless when he was in our national team.
Isaac promise is far better than him, odewinge is betta than him,
I don't see what is sooo fantastic bout his return.

Thank you jare
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by lourash(m): 10:13am On Aug 27, 2009
H grin grin angrye scored in reserve game and so what ? Agahowa 's goal for Wigan came in a reserve game aginst Manutd and it never made him a good striker. Make him go score against arsenal ,chelsea or even Burney in a league game first joo
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by biola44: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2009
ok grin
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by tunde300us(m): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2009
@tosinaded ,they dont have to state it that it was their reserve team he played against,wont it be crazy to play ur reserve games with a full squad.Check am out now ma GUY
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by chidichris(m): 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2009

@mrperfect,
u are perfect indeed.
would you rather do well in your national team than in your club?
the club is where is daily bread lies while national team is for fun.
by the way, which team is his national team?
who has been paying his bills all these while that he has been out of football? maybe his state?
nigerians must learn to seperate envy, jealousy and greed from people's means of survival.
what is there that worth dying for in our national team?
human beings no matter who or where they are, naturally are forgivably selfish hence yakubu is allowed to please himself before the bunch of ingreats called nigerians.
sam okwaraji died playing for nigeria, what has the family benefited from the so-called nigeria since then?
who among us here has sacrificed himself for nigeria as to encourage these footballers to sacrifice their lives for us?
we must learn to give examples with ourselves.
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by U1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
It's a gooooaaaaal. grin Yakubull is back.

Nigerians sha, so una no fit give the guy some thumbs up, even na reserve game? What if he had not scored at all, what would you have said? That's why the best seem to always leave Nigeria and perform better elsewhere, shame on bad belle people. tongue

@ lourash

So you mean he cannot score against those teams you mentioned? Get real, guy! Anybody can. Didn't Olofinjana score against Arsenal? Or you want to say that Olofinjana is now a better striker than Yakubu, that is if he is a striker anyway. What the fellow has achieved most here have not and here you people are criticizing, na una sabi o. lipsrsealed cool
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by lourash(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ lourash

So you mean he cannot score against those teams you mentioned? Get real, guy! Anybody can. Didn't Olofinjana score against Arsenal? Or you want to say that Olofinjana is now a better striker than Yakubu, that is if he is a striker anyway. What the fellow has achieved most here have not and here you people are criticizing, na una sabi o.

i never meant to say that he can't score against those teams but what i mean is that people should wait for him to play competitve matches before celebrating him.
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by chidichris(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
i never meant to say that he can't score against those teams but what i mean is that people should wait for him to play competitve matches before celebrating him.

@ lourash,
what abt the ones he played before his injury? what is it you want yak to prove? he has played in about 3 different epl clubs and was those clubs highest goal scorer. how many lions will a man kill to be called a lion killer?
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by lourash(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
@ lourash,
what abt the ones he played before his injury? what is it you want yak to prove? he has played in about 3 different epl clubs and was those clubs highest goal scorer. how many lions will a man kill to be called a lion killer?

i accept that as far as premiership is concerned , Yak is a proven goal scorer/poacher , lets just wait to see him in action before celebrating, but did we really miss him in the national team ? i have no problem with him anywhere , he is a fellow naija man
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by igmacco(m): 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2009
brila fm, don spoil nigeria football finish, every morning dem go dey shout,
i have been in japan, malaysia, russia, holland, i never hear nigeria player, but as soon you reach 9ja, brila go make u think say them too dey play,
ivory coast is reigning everywhere. na only inside 9ja we dey reign, champion for mouth, i wish we crash out of world cup sef, cuz 9ja don give me heart attack and it cost me alot to cure it, brila make chukwu fail, my guy man no dey watch his players ball but i no blame am ooo, cuz no light shame to nigeria,,, so chukwu have to buy hand radio to listen to brila and that is why he fail, amodu is doing same, yakubu score reserve game, brila don shout am like say e score against barcelona shame to nigeria, giant of akara and bread
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by toluxa1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
lourash:

i accept that as far as premiership is concerned , Yak is a proven goal scorer/poacher , lets just wait to see him in action before celebrating, but did we really miss him in the national team ? i have no problem with him anywhere , he is a fellow naija man

You, you stubborn sha.

chidichris:

@ lourash,
Lmao!

Seun:

I absolutely disagree with that. You still dey watch football at all? Maybe its 'cos you watch only the English Premiership. And even in the Premiership, my boy, Mikel is doing us proud (whether una gree or not)
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by pcicero(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
Glad that the Yak is back. The injury was a terrible blow to is career. Either performs better for club than country doesn't matter because each time he plays, he's called the Nigerian international Striker. He deserves support
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by deb(m): 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
Yak is ever a great striker. The highest goal scoring African player in the history EPL till date.
We need to celebrate our own. Nigeria is blessed
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by ogbongzky(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2009
Welcome back YAK, just hoping u will stop using PAMPERS while playing for Nigeria, Peace!!
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by snowdrops(m): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2009
also the 2nd highest goal scorer behind thierry henry in the history of the epl??
Re: Yakubu Makes Comeback, And Scores by eddykayan: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2009
Either Yakubu or Gowon, Make everybody dey struggle for hin garri and leave other people garri alone, make yakubu go defend his salary, i dey my work dey defend my own

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Players That Left ARSENAL Fc To Win Trophies. / Now Barcelona And Real Madrid Both Have 'LM10' / See What Tottenham's Won Match Cost Me (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.