Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Tangonew Exclusive Interview Of Stpaulash Muziq - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tangonew Exclusive Interview Of Stpaulash Muziq (420 Views)

Wow! Amazing Interview Of Simi With OAP Emmy On @Galaxypartytime On Galaxy TV! / Cool Interview Of Seyi Shay On Galaxypartytime With OAP Emmy / EXCLUSIVE! Interview With Fast Rising Rapper Jule4ka Crooner Who Spills Hot Bars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tangonew Exclusive Interview Of Stpaulash Muziq by tiagovibes(m): 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
12189084_933320120036981_2446488559915242977_n

TANGO NEWS : hello St paulash how are you doing?
@stpaulash_musiQ : I’m awesome, thank you.
TANGO NEWS : Can I get to know more about you?
@stpaulash_musiQ : Well, my full name …OKAFOR PAULINUS .. but everyone
calls me …ST PAULASH.. I am a singer, songwriter. I’m the first child from
my family , I’m a Computer Science ,Final student of Auchi Polytechnic Edo State
TANGO NEWS :How did the music all start for you?
@stpaulash_musiQ : I’ve been doing music for 3 years now
and I started with covers. Performing popular covers at events. I
think I have grown as an artiste in terms
of skill and knowledge.

TANGO NEWS : Did you also start from the Church like most
other artistes?
@stpaulash_musiQ : Well, not really. I started singing on my own at home, I don't miss it
while doing my chores.

TANGO NEWS : When exactly did you get that conviction that
music was for you?
@stpaulash_musiQ :At that age of 13, I knew but maybe I wasn’t
completely aware of it because I was still like a young
kid and all of that but I’ve always been drawn to it. I
didn’t really listen to a lot of music, growing up. As
much as I love music, I didn’t really listen to so many
Although I was in a family where music was not a thing yet I was always
drawn to music.
TANGO NEWS : While you were in School then, were you ever in a
group? And who were those that had a great
impact on your career as an artiste?
@stpaulash_musiQ : When I was in secondary school, I actually was in a
group but it End there .
TANGO NEWS : who were those people you looked up
to in the industry?
@stpaulash_musiQ : I do get inspirations but not in the way that you
would expect. There’s no one person that has
influenced me. I’ m very fickle when it comes to
influences. I can be into one person for month and
the next month, I could move on to another person
or nobody at all. It depends on what’s happening in
my head at that time. But I appreciate every artistes doing great works out there.
TANGO NEWS : Now, let’s talk about your music
#rekpete & Quality. What brought about it?

@stpaulash_musiQ : I’ve always been like a very stubborn person. I never
do things because they don’t want me to do it
something. I remember then that I used to try to
write love songs but they wouldn’t come. I don’t know
if its because I started by writing RnB/afro pop songs and I
was like I’m going to do RnB/afro Pop songs and I was so
happy. It all came from of passion for music, touching and unlocking
the inner emotions with music.
TANGO NEWS : the production of this your songs sound different to
many music works out now how come ,
@stpaulash_musiQ : Yeah thank you. #repkete & Quality was produced by @kukbeat ,he has
produced Akon,Teckno and lot of big name artistes

TANGO NEWS . How did you achieve this career?
@stpaulash_musiQ ; I can’t really say that I’ve “achieved” this career. It will always be an uphill climb. But it has taken many many years of building things slowly. I think artists these days want fame. So they all go on Nigeria Idol or Airtel Voice so they can get 15 minutes of fame that will hopefully turn into 15 years…etc. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with those shows. But I think there is something very special about working from the ground up and building your career slowly so that it is strong and long-lasting in the future.

TANGO NEWS ; What are typical mistakes people make when trying to pursue this career?
@stpaulash_musiQ : yeah they only look out for themselves and what they want. The more you get to meet, share, and collaborate with others, the better your experience will be. For the person who just wants to “get ahead”, they can often feel threatened when others come into the picture as “competition”. But I think if we could operate off of a framework where one artist helps another, then everyone would succeed ,not been selfish and i strongly feel like more artists need to spend less time looking at what others are doing. Stop acting like we’re in a competition. If you set your own trajectory then you will be right on schedule. Stop comparing and just do what you do because to be in this business I realised one need an incredibly thick skin. There are going to be days where you’re not making much, and days when nobody cares about your music except you. You need to believe in your music when nobody else does because you are the only one who can keep it going.

TANGO NEWS ;What is the importance of the connections you make so far ? How can you utilize them?
@stpaulash_musiQ ; Connections! Very important! Always be aware of who’s around you and the first impressions you give people. Like they say, “its all about who you know.” Unfortunately this is still true, which can sometimes be hard for independent musicians who don’t know the “right” people in the industry. But its a good thing because it makes you value your relationships. You never know when someone is going to ask you for a favor. And you never know when you’re going to need someone else’s help and thanks to my great team for giving me full support .
TANGO NEWS ; What's 5 things your fans don't know about you?
@stpaulash_musiQ ; I am a passionate person, I love to laugh and make people laugh, I
have injustice and I dislike snubs. I am from Nigeria.
TANGO NEWS ; Is there growth in this field? How do things generally look for new musicians entering the field?

@stpaulash_musiQ ; There is definitely growth in this field. I can say that with more years and more experience, people will begin to ascribe more value to your name. Bigger opportunities will open up to you – things that you never would have had an opportunity to do at the 1 and 2 year mark. It’s truly a progression. As for artists who are just entering the game, there is alot of work to be done. You will feel like you are working hard and you getting nothing in return…maybe for years. But eventually, if you are working hard and consistent, you will begin to see payoff. Just hang in there. It’s a looong road.
TANGO NEWS ; Please provide a Link to your best work and your handle where your fans can reachout to you
@stpaulash_musiQ ; yeah on twitter @stpaulash_muziQ On IG @stpaulash_muzik via this platform you can get direct link to my songs
TANGO NEWS : Wow, I think we will invite you to our studio to hear
more of your story and a studio photoshot thank you very much for giving us few of your time
& we expect to see your stage performance.
@stpaulash_musiQ :NASO THANK YOU

(1) (Reply)

How About Monetizing Your Audio/visual So As You Release Your Content Online, / Leaked : (saxcover) Pickup By Adekunlegold Ft Saxipet / Who Will Video Of D Year At MTV Video Music Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.