Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It (56312 Views)

Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo / Fabric Machine Cut Man's Stomach Open While Working In Ogun. Graphic Photos / Stomach Ulcers And What You Can Do About Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by StepTwo: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
samplesvibe

is consistent headache one of the symptoms for ulcer as well?

av been having this headache since last year and some kind of body inflamation especially around d waiste. and sometimes, faster pulse.

please, do reply.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by abbey086(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
bright007:
Ulcer! Ulcer! Ulcer! I have been there before.
My own case was so severe that I started losing weight and had rash on my elbow, wrists, and hand.
It would would wake me up in the middle of the night and trigger pains reaching my spine/backbone. At times pains comes very close to the chest.
the rash and weight loss triggered thoughts of HIV symptoms in my heart. Those thoughts compounded the problem. The more I looked at the rash on my elbow, the more it seem to resemble those in HIV Google images. Until a doctor friend prescribed some ulcer drugs for me and viola! I was well again and all signs and symptoms disappeared.
please can you inbox me the names of the
drugs prescribed for you. Thanks
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by geekybabe(f): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hi all.

living and eating healthy, is d most important thing for an ulcer patient. there are quite a number of meals that are not healthy..

you might want to check out this post here in nairaland 2 years back about my Ulcer story and the remedies.

Hopefully it will help someone

https://www.nairaland.com/1423578/tips-curing-ulcers-living-healthy
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Amerage(m): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
please how true is it that people that don't eat often and too much intake of cassava flakes popularly called garri can develop an ulcer
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by ajibowo11(m): 5:25am On Jun 09, 2016
lepagawu:
I no fit get ulcer, when na better yam, potato, EBA, amala, beans and other local food I dey chop. Every week sef we dey DRInk different kind of agbo for our house. Where ulcer wan swim pass for our dry land?

Na these butter kids they often get am, cheesecake children, indomie children, pizza children :-/

Never seen a poor person having ulcer
bt i have two room mates who have it and not omo butty
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Heineken(m): 5:25am On Jun 09, 2016
Cowmilk:

don't mind them...cos this a faceless forum ND u don't ve idea of whose behind d screen a clinical 3 may challenge d prescription of a senior registrar
I only gave the prototype of standard pud tx...wch is not a substitute 4 medical consultation
the prescription dey very very correct
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by exalt2009: 6:33am On Jun 09, 2016
Please help me urgently Nairalanders, I have ulcer but d problem of my is that I can't take any anti fuga drugs bcus it time I take, my stomach react which cause servers pain that can last for a day...pls I need ur help bcus d fuga on my body continue to spread.. the only remedies I take now is the native Agbo...look forward to read from you
Thanks

Cowmilk:
peptic ulcer is caused by helicobacter pylori in 98% of cases....treatment is by d use of appropriate antibiotics and drugs dat reduce d acidity of the stomach
cap amoxicillin 500mg 3 tyms daily
tab Flagyl 400mg 3 tyms daily
tab clarithromycin 500mg twice daily
tab omeprazole 20mg twice daily
All for 2 weeks

NB. this is not to substitute consulting a medical doctor if u think u have peptic ulcer disease,dis is just a prototype 4 standard medical ulcer treatment
thanks
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by moonnstar(f): 6:48am On Jun 09, 2016
ring7:
Tachi Ulcer ,after Ramadan then tachi osa
awotam ife inekwu
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by croSStodds(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2016
Cowmilk:
peptic ulcer is caused by helicobacter pylori in 98% of cases....treatment is by d use of appropriate antibiotics and drugs dat reduce d acidity of the stomach
All for 2 weeks

NB. this is not to substitute consulting a medical doctor if u think u have peptic ulcer disease,dis is just a prototype 4 standard medical ulcer treatment
thanks
What if the patient is allergic to clarithromycin?I have a friend with such allergy.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by vanvick247(m): 7:28am On Jun 09, 2016
Biggersammy:
In Nigeria I was always told there is no permanent cure for ulcer only management. that was proven wrong when I left Nigeria

Plz share d permanent cure u discovered when u left naija so we can also benefit.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by newheartub(m): 7:29am On Jun 09, 2016
Cowmilk:
All for 2 weeks

thanks
what of constant sore or wound in the tongue/mouth, is that ulcer. if yes, pls what treatment can the person take
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by croSStodds(m): 7:29am On Jun 09, 2016
SirREX94:
Doc, did you notice the combi of those antibiotics? Absurd! I must say. Just hope some NLders don't go trying this @home!
Pls,what's wrong wt d combination of the antibiotic...Enlighten me pls?Just wanna know.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by vanvick247(m): 8:01am On Jun 09, 2016
Bright007 a response from you will be highly appreciated coz d ulcer pains ain't funny @ all.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by theEYe21(f): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2016
It's a gram negative bacteria that's found in the stomach or other digestive tract
hardbody:

Who be H. Pylori again sef

Seems I have met the guy somewhere
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by theEYe21(f): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2016
Same with me, H. pylori infections are usually harmless, but they’re responsible for the majority of ulcers in the stomach and small intestine. H. pylori normally infect your stomach during childhood. While infections with this strain of bacteria typically don’t cause symptoms, they can lead to diseases in some people, including peptic ulcers, and an inflammatory condition inside your stomach known as gastritis. It’s still not known exactly how H. pylori infections spread. The bacteria have coexisted with humans for many thousands of years. The infections are thought to spread from one person’s mouth to another. They may also be transferred from feces to the mouth. This can happen when a person does not wash their hands thoroughly after using the bathroom. H. pylori can also spread through contact with contaminated water or food.
Wednesday22:

I tested positive to H-Pylori

Pls explain more.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Orikinla(m): 10:12am On Jun 09, 2016
samplesvibe:
If you have a history of digestive problems, it’s likely that you are very familiar with ulcers and how painful they can be. Ulcers are open sores that can become infected, cause infection throughout the body, and lead to intense pain.
Learning more about ulcers and finding out how to treat them naturally can help you considerably improve your quality of life.

<B>How Stomach Ulcers Develop<\B>
Stomach ulcers often develop in response to different stimuli. Experts believe that a diet heavy in fat, oil, spice, or acid can wear away your stomach lining and give ulcers space to develop.
Others believe that stress leads to the development of ulcers. Professional opinion is divided on the subject, although it does seem that anxious people are more likely to have issues with their digestive health in general. This may lead to an increase in ulcer risk.
The most common cause of ulcers is H. pylori. This is a stomach bacteria that infiltrates the stomach, turns into an infection, and can take over the entire digestive tract. This infection can last for years at a time, and some people even suffer from it for their entire lives.

<b>Hidden Symptoms of Stomach Ulcers<\b>
Are you at risk for stomach ulcers or do you suspect you may have one? If so, it is extremely important to be familiar with the symptoms of stomach ulcers.
They present in a variety of different ways, so understanding the full range of symptoms can help you quickly identify an ulcer and take steps to cure it.
To assess your digestive health and your risk for ulcers, look for these symptoms:
Excessive burping and/or gas
Loss of appetite or feeling hungry too often
Nausea
General fatigue and feeling unwell
Drinking fewer liquids
Weight loss
Vomiting
Irregular stool—blood, tar color, dark color
The last few symptoms on the list are severe symptoms. If you are regularly vomiting or experiencing changes in your stool, you may have a large or advanced ulcer, in which case you may require prompt treatment.

<b>Curing Stomach Ulcers<\b>
There are many natural remedies that you can try to cure your ulcers and prevent them from coming back. In addition, consider making long-term changes to your diet or stress levels. If you know that you are stressed all the time or you have an unhealthy diet, lifestyle changes can do quite a bit to improve your health. Check out these natural cures:
Bananas: The chemicals found in bananas stimulate mucus production. Mucus can protect the digestive tract and allow it to heal from an ulcer. For this remedy, dried bananas are a better choice than fresh bananas.
Garlic: If H. pylori is to blame for your ulcer, the antibacterial effects of garlic may be the right natural treatment for you.
Capsaicin: Capsaicin, a chemical found in hot peppers, can prevent ulcer development by protecting the lining of the stomach from damage.
Honey: The texture of honey and the enzymes found in this food can create the perfect healing environment for an ulcer.

http://www.samplesvibe.com/2016/06/8-critical-signs-that-you-have-stomach.html

Thank you.
Almighty God bless you more and more.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by hardbody: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2016
theEYe21:
It's a gram negative bacteria that's found in the stomach or other digestive tract

Lol, you did not see the joke, but thanks. You saved me the trouble of going-a-Googling.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by bright007(f): 11:12am On Jun 09, 2016
Due to my earlier post on this thread, I have had so many mentions requesting for what I used to treat my ulcer.
Please, I would advice you visit a hospital and be diagnosed and then given the necessary treatment and not believing that what worked for me will work for you.

Nevertheless, if you have been diagnosed of ulcer and have tried several drugs to no avail, you can walk into a pharmacy and request for Ulcerkit and Nogel O .
That worked for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2016
SirREX94:
Doc, did you notice the combi of those antibiotics? Absurd! I must say. Just hope some NLders don't go trying this @home!

Exactly my brother, Its worrisome, the proliferation of quacks and chemists online.

1 Like

Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by danxzy: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
thanks for your education.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Omoluabi16(m): 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
geekybabe:
Hi all.

living and eating healthy, is d most important thing for an ulcer patient. there are quite a number of meals that are not healthy..

you might want to check out this post here in nairaland 2 years back about my Ulcer story and the remedies.

Hopefully it will help someone

https://www.nairaland.com/1423578/tips-curing-ulcers-living-healthy
can we get married already?
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by theEYe21(f): 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
I got the joke, didn't know how to respond to the joke
hardbody:

Lol, you did not see the joke, but thanks. You saved me the trouble of going-a-Googling.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by gevans(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
xtophy:
I fear ulcer pass anything.... ulcer aside 4 nw pls, hv u noticed dat.....................

The state workers would have warned the
state government about something bothering
them... After a month or two of total
negligence, the workers embark on an
indefinite strike and expectedly on the
following day, the foolish governor of the state
will then deem it fit to wake up from his
slumber and start shouting NO WORK, NO
PAY.... this is one of the stupidest sequence I
have noticed in this country and it needs to be
checked. # God bless Nigeria

yes #God bless Nigeria , we pray others join us in praying for Nigeria
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by geekybabe(f): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
Omoluabi16:
can we get married already?
lol.. give me the Date and venue
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Omoluabi16(m): 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
geekybabe:

lol.. give me the Date and venue
Akunte complex, beside baba elewe shrine. iseyin lg, oyo state. By 1.00am. baba elewe will be our officiating minister. You in?
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by geekybabe(f): 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Akunte complex, beside baba elewe shrine. iseyin lg, oyo state. By 1.00am. baba elewe will be our officiating minister. You in?

lol. I'm glad you found d thread educative
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Omoluabi16(m): 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2016
geekybabe:

lol. I'm glad you found d thread educative
hmmm.. I sure did. maybe I should say thank you for the health piece? oya thanks..well done.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Omoluabi16(m): 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
nortcentrallord:

The white man was right

"If you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book"

Everything written that's not about jokes is too long for some folks.
or baby mamaz, or celebrity gist, or celebrity outfit.This is ulcer, a terrible ailment and people saying its too long. What a shame..threads like this are deemed boring and uninteresting

1 Like

Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by samplesvibe(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2016
Orikinla:
Thank you.
Almighty God bless you more and more.

Ameeen!
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by samplesvibe(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
StepTwo:
samplesvibe

is consistent headache one of the symptoms for ulcer as well?

av been having this headache since last year and some kind of body inflamation especially around d waiste. and sometimes, faster pulse.

please, do reply.

Dear, i'll advice you go for a thorough medical check up...
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by StepTwo: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
samplesvibe:

Dear, i'll advice you go for a thorough medical check up...
okay, thanx.
Re: 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 07, 2016
MoneyGreen:
come mek I learn you how to use twitter.. Woii!
okay na..when u go teach me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adenike, Ibadan Polytechnic Student Whose Legs Were Cut Off (photos) / The Top 6 Causes Of Kidney Disease / Fulani Herdsmen Lost Their Cows To Food Poison In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.