Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Mourinho Vs Ramadan - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho Vs Ramadan (699 Views)

Facts: José Mourinho Vs Barça / Mourinho Vs Guardiola / Mourinho Vs Rikkard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Vs Ramadan by ayobase(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
MILAN, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho was criticised by an Italian Muslim leader on Tuesday for comments the Portuguese made about Ramadan.

Inter midfielder Sulley Muntari was substituted in the first half of Sunday’s 1-1 Serie A draw with Bari and Mourinho said the Ghanaian was possibly lacking energy because of the fast he is observing for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

“I think Mourinho could talk a little less,” Mohamed Nour Dachan, president of the Union of the Islamic community and organisations in Italy, told Sky television.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-italymourinhomuslims&prov=reuters&type=lgns

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/football/08/26/football.mourinho.ramadan.muntari/

God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Mourinho Vs Ramadan by ayusco: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2009
Neon lights fluorescent sights
Visions to make your heart take flight

Scattered fragments in a dark vacuum
In vastness of space all seem to be consumed

Twinkle of an eye in the night sky
As the rotation of Gaea goes by

Round the day star of life giving heat
That signals a dawn of life…an immerse gift

From dark nothingness to bright consciousness
That miracle of creation unexplained loveliness

For all mechanical workings and all technological wonders
Can’t match the intrigues of the universe that make the heart ponder

Why a speck in the dark among giant rocks
Is considered to be of such worth?

To warrant illumination of mind and soul
Granted to all creatures great and small

This mystery has been with us from the dawn of time till today
In our spiritual source we will have to trust and obey

:Poops sorry wrong thread
Re: Mourinho Vs Ramadan by mystikal(m): 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2009
/I can't believe I'm actually supporting Mourinho, but the doctrinal aspect of Islam constantly sets off an almost juvenile protest every time there is even a neutral comment made on the subject .Top level sports physiology is a science. Fasting for 15 hours is a faith belief system . A rational comment on energy levels due to catabolic metabolism is not an attack on Islam. It is a rational analysis. Perhps some (not all) supporters of Islam should engage their rational brain more often; and speak in knee jerk jingoism less often.
Re: Mourinho Vs Ramadan by Krayola2(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2009
mystikal:

/I can't believe I'm actually supporting Mourinho, but the doctrinal aspect of Islam constantly sets off an almost juvenile protest every time there is even a neutral comment made on the subject .Top level sports physiology is a science. Fasting for 15 hours is a faith belief system . A rational comment on energy levels due to catabolic metabolism is not an attack on Islam. It is a rational analysis. Perhps some (not all) supporters of Islam should engage their rational brain more often; and speak in knee jerk jingoism less often.

Amen to that. smiley
Re: Mourinho Vs Ramadan by galatico(m): 9:16am On Aug 28, 2009
Mourinho is just a stupid fellow, fasting has been in existence long ago why da hell is he complaining about it that it's affecting players (Sulley Muntari), that guy Mourinho just like being in the news thats it!!!
Re: Mourinho Vs Ramadan by HNIC(m): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2009
My advise for JM is not to[i] 'try'[/i] these guys.
If he does, e dey play with fire
If they issue 'fatwa' on his head, FIFA no fit save am ooh
If u sabi am, make u warn am OOH grin
Re: Mourinho Vs Ramadan by mystikal(m): 2:35pm On Aug 28, 2009
u no hate Mourinho pass me, buh d guy no talk anything bad na. the Muntari guy can't tell he was 100% fit, after going without food for some time. Is he even supposed 2 be fasting and playing at the same time? Foe & Jarqui comes 2 mind, lol

(1) (Reply)

Chealsea Versus Liverpool This Weekend! / If You Were Rafael Benitez, What Will You Do? / Verdict: Arsenal Vs Man Utd Today By 5pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.