Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje (38156 Views)

Abimbola Ayeni: I Can Allow My Boobs To Be Touched In A Movie, No Big Deal / Opeyemi Adetunji: "I Cannot Allow My Boobs To Be Touched In A Movie" / Joanna Osomiamhe Umoru: "Don't Allow My Ex Stay Close To Fair Skin Ladies'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by examhall(f): 3:59am On Jun 08, 2016
Award winning music star, born Aituaje Iruobe, popularly known as Waje has opened up on her misgivings in life as a single mother, stressing that her daughter will not make the same mistakes she made by being put in the family way outside wedlock.

In a chat with Genevieve magazine, the mother of one, said, “I’m a mother but I know where to draw the line.

“It is because I don’t want her to make the same mistakes I made. I feel like some of the decisions I made was because I was raised differently.

“Our parents taught us what they knew as the truth, but what you know as the truth might not be the truth. Another thing is that parents do not tell their children why certain behaviours should be avoided.

“For example, parents say, “don’t drink because I said so” not, “don’t drink because it is bad for your health”; but I’m learning that for the children of this age, you have to tell them all the reasons why they should not do certain things.

“While my daughter was growing up, I took up the reward method; you do good, you get good. There was a consequence for every action.”

Waje, whose daughter recently turned 17 continued, “There were many times I really prayed that The One will quicken his steps to make things easier. It did get too much when it is time to pay rent, school fees, and other miscellaneous expenses.

“I had my own share of pillow cries and made sure she doesn’t see it. Sometimes she could come asking, “Why didn’t you and my Dad stay together?” And, when I first moved to Lagos, I couldn’t afford to have my daughter with me because I didn’t have a house; I was squatting with someone. There was a time I saw her like twice a year.

“There were times she cried, mummy I want to come and live with you, but I couldn’t afford it till 2011. Yet looking at my daughter, I will be honest that she is a blessing.

“And the blessing outweighs the challenges. I have learnt to be patient, more accommodating and to pay attention to details as a mom. I have also learnt to map out my priorities, because there are some things I simply cannot do as a mom,” she added, noting that her baby-daddy wasn’t ready at the time she took in.”

According to her, “I was young. He was young. Our relationship now is very cordial. We respect each other.

“He has not always been a part of my daughter’s life until recently.

“He met her last year. When she was quite young he showed interest but my fear was that he won’t be consistent. I didn’t want a situation where he would come in this year and leave the next.

“So I had to wait till I was sure that he would be there,” the ‘Onye’ crooner added.

http://dailypost.ng/dailystar/2016/06/03/wont-let-daughter-end-baby-mama-like-waje/

1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by examhall(f): 4:00am On Jun 08, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Chanchit: 4:12am On Jun 08, 2016
You are not a baby mama, you are a single mother.

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by LessNoise: 4:39am On Jun 08, 2016
Wait till she meets me!!!!!! grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by AngryNigerian(m): 4:46am On Jun 08, 2016
ok...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by olayinka807: 4:50am On Jun 08, 2016
Sure the Lord is your strenght,let`s wait and see.

For more information+beautiful pictures of mother &daughter @@ http://www.gisthit.com/2016/06/i-wont-allow-my-daughter-end-up-as-baby.html

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Babe2sure(f): 5:05am On Jun 08, 2016
Eni Jin si koto, o ko ara yoku logbon.

Oh yeah! It is very important to educate on life experiences, to prevent unpleasant surprises. It's not everything that is taught in school.
By saying, "I will make sure..." "I won't allow..."
Bear in mind that fate, sometimes, has a way of upsetting the best-laid plan. It is better to add, so help me God.

10 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by peezeygwiny(m): 5:14am On Jun 08, 2016
yea with me....she is safe grin

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 08, 2016
dat guy above me sha sad

Yes, dats a gud idea Waje. U ar not a baby mama, just a single mother. A talented lady who is not above making a mistake of falling in love with d rong person. Rock on girl!

7 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by mccoy47(m): 5:18am On Jun 08, 2016
We can only hope and pray!

Cuz if she (your daughter) decides... NO JUPITER CAN STOP HER!

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by funnyme(f): 5:26am On Jun 08, 2016
I think this piece is for you galz whom are planing to become baby mama! Learn from here its not all rosy. On a second taught, its not a bad Idea for her to try to correct her daughter. She can only try but the girl may feel she's an adult and knows what's best for her life just like most of us here does.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 08, 2016
Easier said than done!!!

Well, its good to have aspirations but let's hope she s not gonna be one before she 12yrs old
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by jhydebaba(m): 5:46am On Jun 08, 2016
You better thank God for your life, baby mama or single mother.
Some can even pay with their life to attain that status.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by opeyemiieblog(m): 5:58am On Jun 08, 2016
hmmmm....den train her to wear good clothes N be descent
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Nixiepie(f): 6:08am On Jun 08, 2016
Then is left for her to keep her legs close

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Elnino4ladies: 7:20am On Jun 08, 2016
I like her daugther
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by bjprodint(f): 8:42am On Jun 08, 2016
Most times,women who were considered bad ladies wen dey were growing up turn out to d d best mothers cos they train their children from experience and their children turn out to b d best in d society

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by bjprodint(f): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
hmmmm....den train her to wear good clothes N be descent
oga sabi sabi,what's wrong with her dressing?

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by CaroLyner(f): 8:56am On Jun 08, 2016
you've done your part as a parent. now its up to her to heed to the warnings.

9 Likes

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by opeyemiieblog(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2016
bjprodint:
oga sabi sabi,what's wrong with her dressing?
U no dey read well ...am I condemning her dress?.... am just saying
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Ruq: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2016
Yeah right, she'll be a better baby mama than you. You can't dick monitor every thrust.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by ireneony(f): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2016
But she looks ripe for it.
Wen I was 17yrs old, I only wore buba and wrapper with mother mary skirt
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by LesbianBoy(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2016
Will she be following her daughter upandan? undecided
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by jovialSoul001(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2016
really OK let's wait for 3 years later
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Thomsyne(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2016
Pills and sex education... Dass all she needs

Y'all can read: Advantages of Cohabiting in School .... Cohabiting doesn't always have cons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by martineverest(m): 10:02am On Jun 08, 2016
Well said....from my sister from owan tribe,edo state
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 08, 2016
Pls start telling her now o!
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by omusiliyu(m): 10:04am On Jun 08, 2016
Hope she knows her father?
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by OFMISAT9T: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2016
it never so sound serious that you're a baby mam 'till you say this! Meanwhile,if she's destined to heritage it,not even you can change it
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by seunny4lif(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Blood of Elijah grin grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by 400billionman: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2016
Wetin concern us nah.

When una see serious man to marry, una go just chop hin money run.

Another useless man go come, una go open leg Bleep, get pregnant, himslf go run.

Nah 1 : 1... Karma.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Allow My Daughter End Up As A ‘baby Mama Like Me – Waje by lonelydora: 10:06am On Jun 08, 2016
Fresh fish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Ready To Return To Nigeria If My Security Is Guaranteed — Naira Marley / Linus Idahosa Checking Stephanie Out (photo) / Tonto Dikeh Steps Of For Church Service In Glamorously Styled Outfit (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.